Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: wondering.. [Re: 13shrooms]
    #10398515 - 05/25/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've had Ps. cyanescens spores from Golden Gate Park. Those are some of the most potent species in existence. Be careful though, a deadly Galerina that looks similar can sometimes grow right in the middle of a bunch of cyanescens.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePriest_King
Stranger

Re: wondering.. [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #10404656 - 05/26/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I am willing to go to great lengths and produce unreasonable amounts of money for a Cubensis spore print. They are completely out of my reach due to myopic bureaucratic tyranny. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Offlinemycochef
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: wondering.. [Re: 13shrooms]
    #10409294 - 05/27/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks, although I am not really experienced to pick my own yet. The P.O. Box does sound like a good idea. As a complete noob I'd like to start a small collection, I already have a few but I'd like to suplement the collection faster. Plus there are some things out there that just look like a lot of fun to grow.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Re: wondering.. [Re: mycochef]
    #10409397 - 05/27/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

There are vendors that send to California.

It's not illegal in California either, there is a grey area that has a loophole in the law. As long as it's for microscopic study only then you're good to go. Most vendors just stay away from it because they don't have a thorough understanding of the law.

--------------------
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Offlinecjdworks
Stranger
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Nibin]
    #10449407 - 06/03/09 06:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

hey Im really new to this and I have questions. Just not sure who to ask and I hope Im not wasting your time.
If this is the wrong spot can you direct me to the right place ?
I live in Canada and I bought a mushroom kit with the spawn.
NOT ILLEGAL HERE
I got it right I think so far but the instructions suck bad - lol
The kit is prety simple and it consist of a burlap bag of straw substrate,plastic bag,mushroom casing soil,casing starter,water bottle,jar of spawn
ANyways I got it at the end of the process and the top of the soil is turning white but its been 10 days since I've seen the white (mold) i guess and nothing happening - so my question is how long does it take before I see any results. ps> i got it at 27 degress 84 F  and I got it 12 hrs in the dark and 12 hrs in the light 25 watt bulb
ANyways I hope you can help - its my first time  and Im looking forward to summer - lol

ANyways I got the kit set
help I so new its scary
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/03/09 06:48 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: cjdworks]
    #10449917 - 06/03/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The "white" is called mycelium "my-see-lee-uhm". It's the main part of your fungus, the mushrooms are the mycelium's "seeds", for lack of a better term. It's how the mycelium reproduces, it makes the mushroom and drops spores.

Which species did the "kit" say it was?

Anyways, a few things.

Make sure it's getting fresh air.
Make sure the humidity is high, 90%-100%.
Make sure your light is in the 6500k color range (natural daylight color)
Drop your temperature to 76.

That should get your mushrooms up!

--------------------
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineKeagal420
Stranger
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #10528319 - 06/18/09 02:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OK i am new to this mushroom thing (growing that is)  But a buddy of mine gave me 2 jars of 100ml mushroom spores... just take the syringe and extract it from the jars... the jars have a tyrek paper on it and holes are be drilled in these jars... the question is he was making truffles... this is what he said ... "look on the net and find something about these ingredients" (i know he is telling the truth b/c i have seen his grow and tasted it too...)

mason jars
pressure cooker
annual rye grass seed
black coffee
the spores i gave you
and silicon

told me that i will soak the black coffee (2 pots) with the rye grass 50%/50% (not telling me how long)
then you will rinse the grass seed multiple times
place the grass seed in the mason jars to 500ml allows you to shake them later on.
place the mason jars in pressure cooker and cook for 90 mins at 15psi
after that let them cool.... sterilize your syringe and inject 1cc into the jars... make sure you sterilize the needle after a couple of jars. if you get anything on it then sterilize it and wipe with rubbing alcohol...
lid them and shake them for the first week then let sit for about 3-4 months...

with all that shit said i have no fucking clue as to what to do and he has moved away so i am stuck with this solution in mason jars that is starting to look as if pieces of jelly fish were placed in this lightly tan colored water...
Can someone please reply or point me in the right direction to fixing my problem... all i can add to this is he was growing TRUFFLES not mushrooms but they worked like field caps.

OfflineLostkeys
Fractal Thought Pattern
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sirius
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Keagal420]
    #10535820 - 06/19/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Keagal420 said:
OK i am new to this mushroom thing (growing that is)  But a buddy of mine gave me 2 jars of 100ml mushroom spores... just take the syringe and extract it from the jars... the jars have a tyrek paper on it and holes are be drilled in these jars... the question is he was making truffles... this is what he said ... "look on the net and find something about these ingredients" (i know he is telling the truth b/c i have seen his grow and tasted it too...)

mason jars
pressure cooker
annual rye grass seed
black coffee
the spores i gave you
and silicon

told me that i will soak the black coffee (2 pots) with the rye grass 50%/50% (not telling me how long)
then you will rinse the grass seed multiple times
place the grass seed in the mason jars to 500ml allows you to shake them later on.
place the mason jars in pressure cooker and cook for 90 mins at 15psi
after that let them cool.... sterilize your syringe and inject 1cc into the jars... make sure you sterilize the needle after a couple of jars. if you get anything on it then sterilize it and wipe with rubbing alcohol...
lid them and shake them for the first week then let sit for about 3-4 months...

with all that shit said i have no fucking clue as to what to do and he has moved away so i am stuck with this solution in mason jars that is starting to look as if pieces of jelly fish were placed in this lightly tan colored water...
Can someone please reply or point me in the right direction to fixing my problem... all i can add to this is he was growing TRUFFLES not mushrooms but they worked like field caps.

If only there were some place... a collection of threads perhaps, where all the answers you need are there for the picking... alas, does such a place exist?

--------------------
So heavy I fell through the earth...

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Lostkeys]
    #10536902 - 06/19/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah at the top right-hand side of your screen you'll see a search box.

When searching, leave common words like "and" "the" "or", etc... out so that the search is more refined and specific.

Look in the Grow Logs section for great tutorials and techniques.

--------------------
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineYipes
Stranger
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #10631262 - 07/06/09 04:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Holy crap. why wasn't this post around years ago. Thank you!

OfflineTrippingStone
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Yipes]
    #10634215 - 07/07/09 04:37 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

My PF Jars look funny when compared what everybody else s I have seen....

I have mycelium growing (Inoculated on the 4th)... but my Dry layer of verm and my Substrate of BRF, Verm and water (From RR Recipe) have about I guess a half a inch between them. So there is a gap between the top layer and the actual substrate on most jars.

I am thinking I did something wrong.... If I did will I be ok?

One thing I did wrong maybe was leave my jars in the pressure cooker to long.... They were in there for a Hour and Half under 15psi, I figured over sterilization wouldn't hurt anything, because I had heard an hour then I had heard hour and half.

Then I am not sure if water got in while it was pressure cooking considering I used foil and masking tape to keep water out. When I took the foil off to inoculate there was water on the lid. But I am not sure if any got in.

Id post pics but I loaned my camera :frown:

Thanks

OfflineLostkeys
Fractal Thought Pattern
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sirius
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: TrippingStone]
    #10634486 - 07/07/09 07:51 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If there was water on the lid, there's a good chance it got into the jars.  I had the same thing happen with two of the jars in my first batch.  Sure enough they were waterlogged and as a result got contaminated with bacteria.  From now on I'll be weighing the jars prior to and after steaming to check for added water weight.  Of course this can be avoided by making sure the jars are completely out of the water, and the boil doesn't get to the point that water is sloshing about violently.

--------------------
So heavy I fell through the earth...

Offline1ldz28
Stranger

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #10648690 - 07/09/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Good data

Offlinefirebeastm
Stranger
    #10734158 - 07/24/09 04:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

great articles for the newcomers like me! Thanks, Nibin.

OfflineFrequenze
Disbeliever

Loc: Inner Ring/Seventh Circle
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Lostkeys]
    #10736453 - 07/25/09 01:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Is it just me or does anyone else end up paying like $200 for a setup that the instructions indicate should cost like $100? It's just that the little things tend to add up, and if you can't find some of the stuff in your city, you gotta order it and pay a nut for shipping. I think people should estimate a little higher for setups they advocate, especially if they implore users to use the same equipment/supplies.

That being said, it's absolutely amazing the volume of information that can be found in these forums and for everyone who has contributed a tek or advice, THANK YOU:thaaannks:
You really make the magic possible for all of us beginners...throwin a good ol' fashioned loving trip right now

--------------------
"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
~Twain
"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
~Nietzsche
"Be true to your own act; and congratulate yourself if you have done something strange and extravagant, and broken the monotony of a decorous age."
~Emerson

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Frequenze]
    #10784008 - 08/02/09 03:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Frequenze said:
pay a nut for shipping.

Don't pay for shipping.
This is one of the reasons there are so many methods- people adapt the items they have around them.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Doc_T]
    #10786475 - 08/02/09 03:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to add to this thread, that drinking a bit of liquor before glovebox procedures works wonders.  I had heard about this for stilling your hands before shooting, but RR mentioned sipping a shot before glovebox/flowhood work, And yes, it seriously helps to still your hands.  A little glass of good white rum with a tiny splash of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice is my not-so-official drink before some glovebox work. ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineChaostoOrder
Lakota Peji Wicasa,
Male User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Psuper]
    #10788169 - 08/02/09 08:11 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Just like to say I think I've found a good place to kick it, haven't done anythin forumsfor acouple of years, but I just came across the curious world of shroom cultivation, read about it before, never tried it but am going for it in a few days...wish me luck...any advice is welcome....
Native in South Dakota
Pilamayeyelo(Thank You)

--------------------
Too weird to live, to rare to die....-Hunter S. Thompson

:
[url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/10-21/47399604

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Psuper]
    #10788606 - 08/02/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psuper said:
I'd like to add to this thread, that drinking a bit of liquor before glovebox procedures works wonders.  I had heard about this for stilling your hands before shooting, but RR mentioned sipping a shot before glovebox/flowhood work, And yes, it seriously helps to still your hands.  A little glass of good white rum with a tiny splash of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice is my not-so-official drink before some glovebox work. ~Pixie~

I use valium instead of liquor. Works great for me plus it helps quell my anxiety.

One word of advice, if you do glovebox work 3 or 4 separate times in one day don't pop a valium each time, I feel asleep at my desk with my arms still in the glovebox.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10788647 - 08/02/09 09:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

One word of advice, if you do glovebox work 3 or 4 separate times in one day don't pop a valium each time, I feel asleep at my desk with my arms still in the glovebox.

:lmafo::lmafo::lmafo:

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order