Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNicolas
Optimist
Male User Gallery

Loc: adirolf
Outpatient or Residential (consoling)
    #10518029 - 06/16/09 05:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So today I had a meeting with my case manager, and he informed me that he thinks I should go to consoling now I don't exactly feel comfortable with sharing personal information with just anyone(Shroomery is a different story you guys are like family :grin:)

but he says If I refuse to go he may have to attempt to put me in Residential he thinks I have abandonment issues. What do you all think? opinions, ideas, what do you think I should do?

Do any of you have any experiences with consoling? did it help you at all?
:uhoh:

--------------------
:shroompick:

LSD, DMT, Mushrooms, Coke, JWH, Ecstasy, N20, Weed, DXM, Opiates, PCP, Amps
2CE
DOC
25I
25B
25C
25D

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phloston Paradise
Re: Outpatient or Residential (consoling) [Re: Nicolas]
    #10531344 - 06/18/09 06:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have been involved with intensive therapy and group psychodrama and psychotherapy for the past two years for issues that included abandonment etc.  The psychologists arent just anyone, theyre trained to help you discover yourself and bring into your awareness some of the stuff that drives your need for counselling.

You can always try it out, it's better to have done that than be forced or never go.  If you dont like it, you can always bow out and leave but allow yourself the time, it's well worth it! And yes, my life has changed dramatically in the past 12 months.

--------------------
Not all drugs are good, Some are great.

OfflineNicolas
Optimist
Male User Gallery

Re: Outpatient or Residential (consoling) [Re: hoodbran]
    #10532998 - 06/18/09 11:09 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hoodbran said:
I have been involved with intensive therapy and group psychodrama and psychotherapy for the past two years for issues that included abandonment etc.  The psychologists arent just anyone, theyre trained to help you discover yourself and bring into your awareness some of the stuff that drives your need for counselling.

You can always try it out, it's better to have done that than be forced or never go.  If you dont like it, you can always bow out and leave but allow yourself the time, it's well worth it! And yes, my life has changed dramatically in the past 12 months.

Was it hard at first?
Do you have to be completely open, and tell them everything?
even about the drugs I do?

--------------------

2CE
DOC
25I
25B
25C
25D

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Re: Outpatient or Residential (consoling) [Re: Nicolas]
    #10535237 - 06/19/09 09:08 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The road to recovery can be a very bumpy one, you may even become a little unstable because of looking at yourself with the help of a psychologist.  Alot of the work is based on breaking down dilemmas and inner conflicts (I love you, I hate you, please don't leave me) - extreme thinking, black and white etc; and helping you to achieve a middle road approach to life, relationships, yourself and your memories.

I find honesty is always the best policy however for entheogens like psychedelic mushrooms, DMT etc - you'll find studies that they are actually helping people, unlike designer drugs like Cocaine and MDMA (E) and life destroying, friendless oblivion drugs like Heroin, meth and such.  So, for now, if you do choose to go and you find yourself wondering how honest you should be, don't let entheogens become enmashed with "dirty drugs" - keep your journey's to yourself, for now until you feel comfortable later to share more.  Just remember that "drugs" are widely accepted now to be seen as a symptom to the problems, not the cause.

The type of things you want to share are painful memories, personal disappointments, broken promises, anything you feel guilty for, and explore your childhood dynamic, the load on your mind will ease and with repeated visits, you'l recognize patterns emerge in disruptive behavior, giving you the opportunity to change that and bring change.

The journey is long and tiring, yes, but the reward you get back is incalculable! Take the risk to change, apply yourself fully and you'll transcend from hell on earth to your own personal heaven, that's if you see heaven and hell as a state of mind.

:sunny:

--------------------

OfflineNicolas
Optimist
Male User Gallery

#10535404 - 06/19/09 10:10 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hoodbran said:
The road to recovery can be a very bumpy one, you may even become a little unstable because of looking at yourself with the help of a psychologist.  Alot of the work is based on breaking down dilemmas and inner conflicts (I love you, I hate you, please don't leave me) - extreme thinking, black and white etc; and helping you to achieve a middle road approach to life, relationships, yourself and your memories.

I find honesty is always the best policy however for entheogens like psychedelic mushrooms, DMT etc - you'll find studies that they are actually helping people, unlike designer drugs like Cocaine and MDMA (E) and life destroying, friendless oblivion drugs like Heroin, meth and such.  So, for now, if you do choose to go and you find yourself wondering how honest you should be, don't let entheogens become enmashed with "dirty drugs" - keep your journey's to yourself, for now until you feel comfortable later to share more.  Just remember that "drugs" are widely accepted now to be seen as a symptom to the problems, not the cause.

The type of things you want to share are painful memories, personal disappointments, broken promises, anything you feel guilty for, and explore your childhood dynamic, the load on your mind will ease and with repeated visits, you'l recognize patterns emerge in disruptive behavior, giving you the opportunity to change that and bring change.

The journey is long and tiring, yes, but the reward you get back is incalculable! Take the risk to change, apply yourself fully and you'll transcend from hell on earth to your own personal heaven, that's if you see heaven and hell as a state of mind.

:sunny:

Thank you so much  :bow2:
You really have made things a lot clearer for, and I now find my self a lot more comfortable with the fact that I have to do this.

Mad props bro.  :rockon:

--------------------

2CE
DOC
25I
25B
25C
25D

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

#10535494 - 06/19/09 10:32 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nicolas said:

Thank you so much  :bow2:
You really have made things a lot clearer for, and I now find my self a lot more comfortable with the fact that I have to do this.

Mad props bro.  :rockon:

You owe it to yourself to do this.  It's time to love yourself and learn about how wonderful you really are, your journey on the road to recovery gives voice to the latent powers you have inside to help others, dust out the clutter, calm down the brain chatter and you'll shine!

I hope you find inner peace as fast as I did, look up Dr Diamond (Ph.D) and his blogs on secrets of psychotherapy @ psychologytoday.com, his work is very comforting - start with the first link.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/200806/secrets-psychotherapy-part-one-considering-the-inner-child

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/200806/secrets-psychotherapy-part-two-repetitive-relationship-patterns

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/200806/secrets-psychotherapy-part-3-whats-your-psychological-type

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/200806/secrets-psychotherapy-part-4-change-or-acceptance

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/200806/secrets-psychotherapy-part-5-in-praise-perfectionism

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/200807/secrets-psychotherapy-part-6-fate-destiny-and-responsibility

--------------------

Edited by TerryTibbs (06/19/09 10:55 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon pH Test Strips

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being