Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Opening chakras [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #10696047 - 07/17/09 06:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You just blew my mind, it all makes so much sense!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: Opening chakras [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #10696739 - 07/17/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

lsd blew my crown :crazy:

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#10697760 - 07/18/09 01:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Be Here Now is a great book but could you recommend something else once in a while?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Opening chakras [Re: Middleman]
    #10699060 - 07/18/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sure, but BE HERE NOW has a bibliography that'll keep ya busy for years.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#10699641 - 07/18/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

True that. I discovered Ouspensky / Gurdjieff in BHN.

OfflineEtherealfeeling
invisible suture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sleepless City Treno
Re: Opening chakras [Re: deranger]
    #10699693 - 07/18/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

LSD gave my third eye an over abundance of energy. I wouldn't have it any other way.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #10702650 - 07/19/09 05:16 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
BTW, according to Sri Ramana Maharshi, the Sahasrara (symbolized by a crescent moon) is supported by the (solar) Hridayam - the Heart Cave (not the Anahata Chakra). Look into his work.

This is what i mean by 'the Heart' is not a chakra, it is the Awareness

If a chakra opens, you are Aware of it opening, like a tingling in the chest, you are Aware of the sensation, THAT Awareness is the Heart & is the goal of opening all chakras

Even the kundalini rising to the sahasara, you are Aware of it,
the profoundity of that is incredibly powerful if you grasp it...

Thankyou for mentioning him Markos, anytime i hear/read Ramanas name it brings me so much joy, Self Inquiry is the most incredible 'pratice' as its the undoing of pratices & the realization of what Is

In my view Ramana was the Buddha of our age, no other master in the last few hundred years has had the spiritual effect he has had, the whole advaita movement happening now is pretty much all on his revival of the teachings of Self Inquiry...i feel honoured to have been taught by a master in his lineage, and now to be in that lineage myself!

:peace:

--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (07/19/09 02:06 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Opening chakras [Re: Chronic7]
    #10704039 - 07/19/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sri Ramana was the real deal as far as yogis go. C.G. Jung was intimidated by him and refused to visit the great yogi when in India, saying "I know the type." Please C.G., you obviously knew only that the concept of Superconsciousness, Sahaj Samadhi in its highest form, would illuminate the incompleteness of your own model of mind. For Jung, one loses consciousness to the extent that one transcends consciousness! This is the "pre-trans fallacy" that Ken Wilber will perhaps be best remembered for. I learned a great deal, and have had the most satisfying intellectual answers from Sri Ramana's Sat-Darshana Bhashya: and Talks With Maharshi with Forty Verses in Praise of Sri Ramana, M.L.J. Press, Private LTD., 1968

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #10704140 - 07/19/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Nice find, ive read most of his books, i find that when i read his words i can begin to see where he was seeing from & theres no other experience ive found that could ever compare

I know CG Jung did say that Ramana was the purest of India or something along those lines, i think it was 'whitest spot in a white place' or something like that

If your ever interested in meeting a Guru in Ramanas lineage, let me know, i know one whose coming to the US soon & meeting him is a chance to not be missed

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#10704718 - 07/19/09 04:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the offer!
Yes, Jung did make that comment as well. It wouldn't have looked good to have said anything negative, but when he was a short distance away, he didn't visit. I always found that a bit disturbing until I read Richard Noll's books about the cultic nature of Jungians (he and I were both rejected from analytical training). I still have a framed pic of Jung next to Albert Hofmann's pic, and a plaque in Latin over the door to my study which Jung carved in stone at Bollingen: "Called or Not Called God is Present." So, I still respect Jung, but I have been mishandled by his followers and some bitterness remains.

--------------------

Offlinedesant
Pleiadian Revolutionary
Male

Loc: Aether
    #10704837 - 07/19/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
The organs in the subtle body are always functioning, just as are the organs in the gross body. Any serious study of Yoga will reveal this to you. Living with more awareness of the centers above the Navel Center are the ones which require effort. You have it reversed. The lower centers of self-preservation, preservation of the species (combined in Tibetan Buddhist Yoga), and "will-to-power" (Manipura - manipulation) all belong to more-or-less deterministic and instinctual domains. The first major shift comes when one transcends the "Centauric" human tendencies, a transcendental center of perception opens at the Heart Center.

The Heart becomes the 'base camp,' and the sine qua non for transcendence. Unless one's Compassion and "Witness Consciousness" begins to predominate, one never transcends the lower centers and then any powers (siddhis) which one might acquire would not be exercised in the service of Compassion, but in the service of the ego. If one could acquire psychic powers, they would be used to increase one's security, sexual opportunities and social/financial power. This characterizes the demonic, always and everywhere. It is Black Magick and the Ban Marga - Left Hand Path. The miracles (spurious as most claims are) attributed to saints and sages occur as side-effects of Compassion. In some of my highest, most Compassionate moments, I have talked squirrels out of trees (like the legendary Davy Crockett with racoons), and have had a wild pelican allow me to approach it, hold it, and remove a leader line and hook from its neck. A chipmunk grazed by a car allowed me to remove it from the road and even tickle it. On high dose acid trips, wild birds have gathered above and around me. These personal experiences have allowed me to understand the Yoga teachings on Compassion to a greater extent. BE HERE NOW mentions the saying that "Snakes Know Heart," and cobras are less of a threat to yogis whose hearts are non-violent and tranquil.

It seems that you are coming predominantly from the Manipura with your zeal for power. By the time one has certain abilities, one does not use them to aggrandize the ego. And, for the most part, one does not have 'influence' over others and animals unless one's egoic-mind is quiet. People and animals may trust me BECAUSE I have no desire for anything other than help. This goes for the countless counsellees I've worked with over the years as well, as well as the outcome of their therapy.

I recommend a BE HERE NOW for you. When Jesus said "Had ye but faith, ye could move mountains." That is because by the time you can move mountains, you've realized that YOU are the ONE that put the mountain there in the first place. So there the mountain remains. YOU are Awakened to Reality at that point. BTW, according to Sri Ramana Maharshi, the Sahasrara (symbolized by a crescent moon) is supported by the (solar) Hridayam - the Heart Cave (not the Anahata Chakra). Look into his work.

great thread, opened my eyes :smile:

InvisibleChronic7
    #10704992 - 07/19/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Thanks for the offer!
Yes, Jung did make that comment as well. It wouldn't have looked good to have said anything negative, but when he was a short distance away, he didn't visit. I always found that a bit disturbing until I read Richard Noll's books about the cultic nature of Jungians (he and I were both rejected from analytical training). I still have a framed pic of Jung next to Albert Hofmann's pic, and a plaque in Latin over the door to my study which Jung carved in stone at Bollingen: "Called or Not Called God is Present." So, I still respect Jung, but I have been mishandled by his followers and some bitterness remains.

I :heart: your honesty

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#10705233 - 07/19/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:

If your ever interested in meeting a Guru in Ramanas lineage, let me know, i know one whose coming to the US soon & meeting him is a chance to not be missed

Are you talking about Mooji? He's only coming to the East coast. :sad:

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Opening chakras [Re: Middleman]
    #10707877 - 07/20/09 04:40 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:

Are you talking about Mooji? He's only coming to the East coast. :sad:

Yeah, i actually had a one on one with him yesterday, ive been around him for a year or so now but never had the opportunity for a one on one conversation about truth, it was most excellent :grin:

If i was you id travel to meet him, he actually said yesterday that hes not accepting invitations for traveling next year & staying to give satsang in london for the whole year round, if i was you i'd get my ass out to NYC!

It really is a once in a lifetime opportunity

If not maybe go & see Gangaji?
I know shes in Ramanas lineage aswell & travels the US more...

I'd really recommend coming into contact with beings in Ramanas lineage as his awakening was so pure & powerful, his presence was like a spiritual nuclear bomb going off & this explosion is still hapening through beings like mooji & gangaji...

--------------------

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

#10709049 - 07/20/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

at 3:15, he seems to almost become a statue for a moment.

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Opening chakras [Re: Fraggin]
    #10709874 - 07/20/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

This is a good thread.

I just wanted to add, anybody thats recently gotten interested in opening chakras and becoming more in touch with your spirituality, the single most important thing that helped me was LOVE.  Once you are in a constant state of love you will be completely open to anything.  At first you have to force yourself into the state, but eventually it will become more natural and you will always be in a state of love.:heart:

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Opening chakras [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #10709991 - 07/20/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Are you talking about Metta Bahavna?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#10710269 - 07/20/09 03:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:blush: Thanks.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Opening chakras [Re: desant]
    #10710285 - 07/20/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Cool!

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#10710535 - 07/20/09 04:29 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah wide-awake beings are everywhere, especially in SF Bay. Adyashanti said the 'highest' being he ever met was working at a gas station in Kuai.

When the student is ready the teacher brings beer.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom