Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Fruiting Enzyme!?
    #1049141 - 11/13/02 11:41 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok so many know that for mycelium to fruit, it needs light amoung a few other things. My question is if anyone knows the enzyme or protein, chemical or action that actually causes fruiting. If its some kind of chemical, it may be possible to fruit quickly with a spray? hmm..

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Fruiting Enzyme!? [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1050024 - 11/13/02 05:46 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

Ok so many know that for mycelium to fruit, it needs light amoung a few other things. My question is if anyone knows the enzyme or protein, chemical or action that actually causes fruiting. If its some kind of chemical, it may be possible to fruit quickly with a spray? hmm..

I think that is a question that is still up in the air for the entire mycological community. I could be wrong, but if it was already known, I am sure it would be sold as a supplement already. Sort of how root hormone is sold for plants.

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Fruiting Enzyme!? [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1050082 - 11/13/02 06:17 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i wish someone would study this. like chemical reactions, brought on by the introduction of wavelengths of light coupled with environmental stimuli. This 'chemical' might be a tad difficult to isolate and multiply though.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #1050237 - 11/13/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

From TMC:

"Shiio et al. (1974) found that one could induce the early formation of fruitbodies with a technique whereby fresh pieces of Flammulina velutipes are mixed directly into liquid spawn and then introduced in to the sawdust/bran medium. Not only was the fruiting process accelerated, the spawning period was cut in half and yield was nearly quadrupled over a year's time. Using this same technique with Pleurotus ostreatus, yields were increased over and above the norm by a factor of 3. Total production in either case, equalled as much as 1/4 of the substrate on a dry weight basis. An analogous technique was developed by Urayama (1972) who discovered that cell-free extracts of fresh F. velutipes mushrooms introduced to cultures of distantly related specied caused fruitbody formation."

I don't know if the exact chemical is known. Might be worth a try to do a couple casings, crush some pins up in water and spray one of them with the pin extract and one with regular water.

DH

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#1050545 - 11/13/02 08:55 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

i wish someone would study this.

yeah I've thought the same thing.... it's a gold mine, but the prob is that research costs money. If you get it from the government you have to play their game as to why your doing the research and blah blah. If you're doing it for a coorporation (privately funded research sucks! They are bloodthirsty and pushy most times.) anything you discover is belongs to them, plus when the company is in trouble, the resarch people are the first to go. Science in todays word isn't really science at all. IT's all dollars and politics.

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #1050558 - 11/13/02 09:00 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

in my gourmet work, i routinly keep PF style cakes made at the same time as my spawn to use as pinhead transplants. by transplanting small clusters to a whole tray, it will respond by pinning all over the tray.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1050789 - 11/13/02 09:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

if you did manage to figure this out it would likely still be unrealistic. the mycelium seems to do a good job of figuring out when it has the right conditions to fruit. if you initiated fruiting before, say, it had enough nutrients stored , your pins would likely abort anyway, or at least be small.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
    #1050994 - 11/13/02 10:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

cyclic adenosine monophosphate (that's cAMP to you sweetie;)) has been found to trigger pinning in some species (maybe Agaricus bisporus? I can't remember offhand) and there seems to be a cross-thingy thing between some species, so umm, gah I can't remember:tongue:
Hope that helps:rolleyes: 

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: Fruiting Enzyme!? [Re: spores]
    #1051357 - 11/14/02 12:45 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Please do try this out. If you keep accurate records along with a control group post the data... or just PM it to me if no one else wants to know. My pet asparagus and I will try this out also. This might be a simple way to get very nice flushes with relative ease and increase yields.
Keep it up!
peace

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate