Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezebbi
Stranger
Other species of Magic Mushrooms in Britain? (other than liberty caps or amanitas)
    #10509193 - 06/15/09 07:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hello guys,
  i live in North East England and last Autumn was the first time i discovered, picked and took magic mushrooms (they were liberty caps), i might add that i couldn't believe how good they were. I've been searching for other types of magic mushroom that can be found around the area where i live but have been unable to find anything solid that says "these grow here and they are psilocybe shrooms".I should add that i know fly agaric grow in England but i'm not interested in these at the minute.
  Anyway its quite frustrating that there seem to be a lack of information regarding other magic mushrooms that exist in Britain (of course they may not exist). However i thought that they did because my friends brother loves shrooms and when its season picks thousands and he also told me that in addition to liberty caps there were other magics that grew that he picked if he saw them, he said that these were a sort of "off-white" colour.
  Of course i saw many "off-white" looking shrooms when i was picking last season but wouldn't pick them unless i was certain as i'm not stupid.
  So does anyone know if there are other species of magic mushroom (other than liberty caps) that grow in England or indeed Britain? and if so do you have any useful information on them?

Thanks! i hope they exist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Other species of Magic Mushrooms in Britain? (other than liberty caps or amanitas) [Re: zebbi]
    #10509304 - 06/15/09 07:50 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Right now you want to look in well fertilized lawns and around horse stables for Panaeolus cinctulus. They are a lot less active than Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps), but they grow bigger and are often found in larger amounts than libs.

This kind of post is generally not allowed and a mod might lock it, but anyways. Look here:
http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

The UK is listed there under the Europe section.
(I don't know how Panaeolus (Copelandia) cyanescens made it on the UK list. I definitely call a steaming pile of bullshit on that one!)

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Edited by German Kahuna (06/15/09 08:10 AM)

OfflineDrOli
Biochemist

Re: Other species of Magic Mushrooms in Britain? (other than liberty caps or amanitas) [Re: zebbi]
    #10509346 - 06/15/09 08:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You can get Cyanescens around January time, but these are quite rare and are only found on hard wood chips. There are several others which can be found but are generally too rare to be included in mushroom hunting guides.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Other species of Magic Mushrooms in Britain? (other than liberty caps or amanitas) [Re: DrOli]
    #10509378 - 06/15/09 08:12 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, someone must have confused Psilocybe cyanescens with Panaeolus cyanescens. I wouldn't know how else the copes would've gotten on the list.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Other species of Magic Mushrooms in Britain? (other than liberty caps or amanitas) [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10509485 - 06/15/09 08:28 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

that's a definite :facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Other species of Magic Mushrooms in Britain? (other than liberty caps or amanitas) [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10509903 - 06/15/09 10:08 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The Copelandia are considered adventitous and have been periodically found in temperate regions.  Its a common enough occurrence that you often find these seeming nonsensical reports in the literature.  But its a rare enough that you can't really hunt for these species in temperate localities.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Other species of Magic Mushrooms in Britain? (other than liberty caps or amanitas) [Re: Workman]
    #10509915 - 06/15/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have total faith in that if it comes from you, but I still think someone had too much nutmeg and jenkem when they found Copes in the UK. GB isn't even temperate, it's got like the worst weather evar. I can't see how a mushroom that's native to the tropics would like the UK. That said, there is a clusterf*ck of Jamaicans in London, so I guess anything goes. :biggrin:

It's still confusing people to see this in "Which mushrooms grow wild in my area". I can just see all those kids setting off to find pan cyans in Gloucester or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Good luck, kids.

--------------------

Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #10510807 - 06/15/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

GK said jenkem

bwaaaaaaaahahaha

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom