Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerednelb
Stranger
 User Gallery

First grow. One of many cakes (Pics)
    #10504093 - 06/14/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Everything is going well. Any noobs I recommend trying a few different teks at once. Best way to learn in my opinion.

Enjoy...
I THINK this is a B+ Cake. I lost track as I did a few strains.

One question though... should I roll after the 2nd dunk??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetazz
the spazz
 User Gallery

Loc: The Great White North
Re: First grow. One of many cakes (Pics) [Re: rednelb]
    #10504117 - 06/14/09 11:38 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rednelb said:

The consensus on that, from what I've read (a lot), is no. A little extra sprinkle on top doesn't hurt though. I like to keep the top a bit wet.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: First grow. One of many cakes (Pics) [Re: tazz]
    #10504396 - 06/14/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tazz said:
Quote:

rednelb said:

The consensus on that, from what I've read (a lot), is no. A little extra sprinkle on top doesn't hurt though. I like to keep the top a bit wet.

say what?

It is yes, every time you dunk you should roll. Besides, while dunking you will likely wash off the previous verm layer anyway.

BTW nice flush off that cake, your not supposed to have cakes touching standing water like that, but who can argue with results. Be sure to change the water and wash any mycelium off of the rocks between flushes though.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: First grow. One of many cakes (Pics) [Re: ScavengerType]
    #10504432 - 06/14/09 12:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The answer is always yes.  Always dunk and roll, no matter the circumstances.  Do it.

Offlinerednelb
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First grow. One of many cakes (Pics) [Re: libertaire]
    #10504650 - 06/14/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

There is a tray underneath the cakes... they are not actually on the water or rocks. (Just a tiny bit seeps through)

Even though they don't sit on the rocks, is it a good idea to replace the water. I have just been replenishing it as it get lower.

Offlinerednelb
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10504803 - 06/14/09 02:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

BTW... just harvested... 75g wet!!  That will make for a fun time. If only I could keep em fresh until Friday night.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #10504826 - 06/14/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard of people putting it directly on and the mycelium roots into the water as well as providing a large flush. The visible advantages of your cakes getting the extra water they are is obvious. Even if the cakes are not "rooting" into the water and are receiving limited amounts of water I would suggest cleaning it more or less every flush (not per every cake in there but just at one flush intervals of 1-2 weeks).

edit: if you don't want to use a dehydrator or fan dry you could try this method commonly used for edibles.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (06/14/09 02:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates