Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestereolab
Wizard
Male

Loc: NY
Re: Heavy marijuana smokers: an unscientific poll [Re: wireless]
    #10504307 - 06/14/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm, I think that the key is finding a balance.  When I'm stoned all the time, my motivation, short term memory, and ability to socialize all decrease.  The good thing is, though, when I'm not stoned, I think all three of these aspects improve to an ability that is higher than it would be if I were completely sober.  Definitely motivation though.  I used to be as unmotivated as fuck, but then I started smoking a lot and my motivation increased (correlation doesnt equal causation, I know, but I think this proves that marijuana decreasing motivation is BS unless you do it too much).

Marijuana in moderation = not bad at all.  Could potentially be a great thing.
Chronic marijuana smoking (like smoking over an eighth a day for years)= not too bad, but there are some potential health risks (not cancer and shit, just it definitely effects the brain.  Probably not permanent, though).  Plus it's just too fucking expensive to do unless you're rich or grow it, I wouldn't really recommend it.

--------------------
Space is
the Place
:aum:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: Heavy marijuana smokers: an unscientific poll [Re: Poptart]
    #10504364 - 06/14/09 12:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

sweet survey
i dig it

:vaped::happyweed:

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Heavy marijuana smokers: an unscientific poll [Re: shadyy]
    #10504482 - 06/14/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

the only negative I get from marijuana other then spending plenty of $$$$$ is I sometimes get social anxiety that lingers with me but I think vaping helps with this compared to smoking........ that's really my only problem with daily smoking- my mind is always thinking so much....... 

:potleaf:      I made a thread on this- but in some ways marijuana actually motivates me to get shit done cause it makes me feeling good I have ganja waiting for me at the end of the day----- been smoking half of my life and I still love budda :bongroll:

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #10504514 - 06/14/09 01:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I can be a bit spacey whether I have smoked or not. Weed may intensify that, but it also intensives other conditions- for example, I like to clean when I'm high. I'm a much better employee if I'm stoned, that's for sure.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
    #10504523 - 06/14/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

ummm i dont remeber dreams when i *dont* smoke weed

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Heavy marijuana smokers: an unscientific poll [Re: hidenseek]
    #10504535 - 06/14/09 01:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hidenseek said:
ummm i dont remeber dreams when i *dont* smoke weed

+1

Looking at the poll results, I guess I'm the Senior Stoner here. I'm the only vote for ">20 years". Actually over 25- my Silver Anniversary as a stoner.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: Heavy marijuana smokers: an unscientific poll [Re: Doc_T]
    #10504900 - 06/14/09 02:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

how old are you??

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Offlinefungidungi
The magic maker ~,*,~
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere out there!
Re: Heavy marijuana smokers: an unscientific poll [Re: skatealex2]
    #10506967 - 06/14/09 09:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
the only negative I get from marijuana other then spending plenty of $$$$$ is I sometimes get social anxiety that lingers with me but I think vaping helps with this compared to smoking........ that's really my only problem with daily smoking- my mind is always thinking so much....... 

:potleaf:      I made a thread on this- but in some ways marijuana actually motivates me to get shit done cause it makes me feeling good I have ganja waiting for me at the end of the day----- been smoking half of my life and I still love budda :bongroll:

Yeah Im the same way! I dont really like to be in public places while Im high on weed.I get a very uncomfortable feeling when I do. I wonder If vaping would make a difference for me?

--------------------

Today is the same day that tomorrow was yesterday......            -L.W.S

[quote]Madtowntripper said:
LSD will get you through times of no Wheat Thins better than Wheat Thins will get you through times of no LSD.[/quote]

OfflineOrganicVision
Opened Eyes, Opened Mind

Re: Heavy marijuana smokers: an unscientific poll [Re: fungidungi]
    #10508089 - 06/15/09 12:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Vaping is the best way to smoke your weed imo... and you can use the weed you used over again in making butter for brownies :smile:  Double trip

:happyheart:

--------------------
An open mind never hurt anyone except those that tried to close it again

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Heavy marijuana smokers: an unscientific poll [Re: OrganicVision]
    #10508254 - 06/15/09 12:39 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Vaping sucks. You miss so much goodness.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#10508428 - 06/15/09 01:40 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've never noticed any memory loss. Somewhat related, but I make less of an attempt to remember stuff, but I have no trouble remember things I want to. When sober, or yunno, not smoking for a few days at least, I do feel like I just 'know' more if you will, like I have more topics come to mind when I'm in a conversation, but I wouldn't say that's memory related. I'm just quicker thinking when I haven't smoked for a few days.

Motivation is definitely a problem. It doesn't really make me lazy, provided I'm not tired and burnt out, but I'd often times rather just sit around and get high than accomplish things. That imo is a negative, but since I like getting high I'd say as a whole it's pretty neutral.

Otherwise, I can't really think of much worth mentioning off hand.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Heavy marijuana smokers [Re: wireless]
    #10510065 - 06/15/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wireless said: No there really isn't much truth in any of the "long term" marijuana uses. No cancer, emphasmia, cancer, breathing/lung issues, memory problems, or physical damage. The short term memory loss appears to be the only thing in very heavy amounts, but cutting back on how much you use is all you need to do. Pretty benign medicine.

Cannabis use has, however, been correlated with psychosis, anxiety, and depression in multiple studies.  This doesn't prove causation but at least provides some food for thought... and not to mention that using marijuana can certainly exacerbate any pre-existing cardiac condition.

Personally I have only experienced a temporary reduction in short-term memory and temporary social anxiety after smoking pot.  My motivation also decreases but this isn't a problem for me as I don't get high before my responsibilities in the first place.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#10511422 - 06/15/09 03:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wireless said:

maybe but it saves your lungs and you can use the left overs for edibles which fuck you up more then ether method :scrambled:

Offlinesilosighbin
this is the apocalypse
Male

Loc: isla vista baby!
    #10511929 - 06/15/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wireless said:

So true man... it takes all the fun out of smoking (except being high)

--------------------

i am caustic

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Psilocybin Dumpster Divin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mush Mountain
    #10512714 - 06/15/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

All smoking has brought me is a semi-fucked short term memory. And like my internal "clock"  is fucked from all the trippin; and weed doesnt help that too much.. (and by that i mean that if somethin happens a couple days to a week before ill think it was maybe 2 weeks or something. Like if i totally forgot the day i did something and someone told me it was a month ago even though it was really a week or two i would totally believe them cuz it HAS SEEMED that long. But its not really toooo bad. Doesnt really fuck with my life negatively so i could care less...

Other then that nothing really BAD. weed makes eveything bomb. Thats why i continue to smoke everyday....
I LOVE MARIJUANA  :happyweed:  :happyweed:  :happyweed:

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Heavy marijuana smokers: an unscientific poll [Re: GoldenCapAttack]
    #10512845 - 06/15/09 07:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:happyweed:

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
Re: Heavy marijuana smokers [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #10513104 - 06/15/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have had the ability to be relatively pretty high just about all day every day for the past 4 years because of my geographical situation.. I have taken only a few week long breaks, and a one month long brake when I had drug counseling a while back, due to johnny law.. Garr 

My short term is off and on but mostly remembers half of everything so not exactly useful all the time. Helps regulate my dieting instead of gorgeing at one time and then not eating much at all like when I dont smoke.. Very relaxing. And I love to relax :laugh:

HTR:bongload:

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Heavy marijuana smokers [Re: hightimesreader]
    #10514841 - 06/16/09 01:06 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Lots of BC Bud I'm guessing?

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Heavy marijuana smokers [Re: deCypher]
    #10514884 - 06/16/09 01:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Quote:

wireless said:

maybe but it saves your lungs and you can use the left overs for edibles which fuck you up more then ether method :scrambled:

Oh really beause there is so much documented lung disease from marijuana use.
Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

wireless said: No there really isn't much truth in any of the "long term" marijuana uses. No cancer, emphasmia, cancer, breathing/lung issues, memory problems, or physical damage. The short term memory loss appears to be the only thing in very heavy amounts, but cutting back on how much you use is all you need to do. Pretty benign medicine.

Please show me the caseof cardiact disease from marijuana smoke....

Cannabis use has, however, been correlated with psychosis, anxiety, and depression in multiple studies.  This doesn't prove causation but at least provides some food for thought... and not to mention that using marijuana can certainly exacerbate any pre-existing cardiac condition.

Personally I have only experienced a temporary reduction in short-term memory and temporary social anxiety after smoking pot.  My motivation also decreases but this isn't a problem for me as I don't get high before my responsibilities in the first place.

I don't doubt the mental side of marijuana use. I had a horrible mushroom trip and for six months I couldn't smoke weed without having panic attacks and EXTREME anxiety so I just stopped smoking weed. I just fail to see evidence in HUMAN cases of documented marijuana caused illnesses. I am sure there is a little, but it's always complicated. You can tell me a study says whatever but when you look at the people who have smoked marijuana over the past century (generations of people) the evidence is just not there.

Edited by wireless (06/16/09 01:21 AM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Heavy marijuana smokers [Re: wireless]
    #10515824 - 06/16/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wireless said: Please show me the caseof cardiact disease from marijuana smoke....

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4545253

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder