Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Fresh v Dried
    #9482020 - 12/23/08 07:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

We all know that for the most part potency is ginetic. Also that drying properly should retain potency and proper storage should retain potency for long term.

But

On another forum theres an interesting debate going on about fresh v dried. No doubt that dried shrooms are potent, though some people suggest you have to eat a little more dried to get the same effect as fresh. For example upto 3 grams compared to 15 grams fresh.

Someone posted this

Quote:

Dried fruits loose potency when dried, they also convert everything to psilocybin, and leave behind no psilocin, which is the better of the two. It also destroys any traces of baeocystin, which really drives up the visuals.

So, by law of average, you'll have to consume more of the fungal matter to get a good trip. Psilocin and baeocystin go straight to the dome, Psilocybin has to go through the liver, be converted to psilocyin, and you have 100% loss of baeocystin due to the drying process.

This is why I prefer wet fruits over dry fruits..

WEt fruits:

have absolutely NO loss of baeocystin, (cubes do have trace amounts) which is a huge plus. The psilocyn is NOT converted to psilocybin, so both alkaloids are present. Psilocin is obviously more desirable, and has more of a visual affect to the trip, plus it goes to the dome directly, then psilocybin isn't all bad, and it takes just a LITTLE longer to get through the liver then to the blood brain barrier, across the synapses, then to the htp mu receptors. lol.

Because the wet fruit hasn't been dried, it isn't exposed to any kind of degradation, meaning the most alkaloids possible are present, THIS MEANS,

you consume LESS fungal matter.

I would only consume 14 grams wet of ANY strain. I usually find my self in a GREAT position tripping really good and hard, very visual, very strong.

I will consume up to 3 grams of dry mushrooms at one time, and  usually wish i had eaten JUST A TOUCH more, but glad i didnt, because yes, i'm still having a blast, but just wish it'd be a touch more intense.

just my two cents, i think it makes sense, haven't eaten in a while i haven't tripped since. time to go smoke some sense. then light some 'cense.

Quote:

Baeocystin is only present in VERY minute amounts in very FEW strains, and it's VERY LITTLE of it,. like 0.02mg per gram of fungal mass. but in contrast to the amount of baeocystin to affect a trip, that's enough per gram to make a big difference.

However, drying completely negates the baeocystin, which is why already, wet is better!

cubes usually have only TRACE amounts of baeocystin. TRACE compared to azures, where there is more baeocystin then tehre is anything els.e

from what i know and have seen from paper gc/ms these strains I KNOW have trace amounts of Baeocystin

Penis Envy
Albino Penis Envy
F+
PalenqUE
oAK

Whats do yo all think.

I have only tried dried a few times, wasnt very visual compared to fresh, though it was multispore growth so could have been that.

Whats all your experiences between fresh/dried . Anyone working from isolated cultures and compare fresh and dried?

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9482063 - 12/23/08 07:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Genetic Veda, Genetic. With a E :rotfl:

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: Nibin]
    #9482233 - 12/23/08 08:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I got into a huge argument last week about this w/ someone, who was saying there is "No potency loss whatsoever", and was actually advising dry vs. fresh.  I don't think the part about all the psilocin getting converted to psilocybin is true - but there's accepted numbers for typical drying of cubes. 

It's reported that you lose an average of 20% of the psilocybin, and since psilocin is so unstable, you lose about 50% of that.  But the thing w/ cubes, they contain alot more psilobyin than psilocin to begin with - so the total loss of actives w/ normal drying would be like 25%.  I've also read info that says in the 1st flush, there's very little to no psilocin at all - and it increases in 2nd/3rd flushes.

Now these losses really aren't much that someone would experience a noticeable difference IMO - so it would seem like there's not much potency loss.  Plus the fact that unless you have a clone, all your potency varies anyways, and even if you DO have a 25% loss, this can be taken care just taking a bit more.  But it's definitely fact that you start to lose actives from oxidation immediately after picking them, w/ psilocin much more so than psilocybin - whatever the amounts may be.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: J3illy]
    #9482373 - 12/23/08 09:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

They are like 90%-/+ water...

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Fresh v Dried (moved) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9482503 - 12/23/08 10:28 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

This thread was moved from Mushroom Cultivation.

Reason:
Off topic in cultivation.  Moved to PE.

OfflineMagic_Hobo
Stranger
Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: Brainiac]
    #9482510 - 12/23/08 10:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Could I counteract the oxidation by putting fresh mushrooms into chocolates or something?

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: Magic_Hobo]
    #9482626 - 12/23/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i'd like to see some scientific research for those assumptions. Did they post any or is it just heresay?

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: danielx]
    #9482647 - 12/23/08 11:02 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The TMC and GM&MM..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: Magic_Hobo]
    #9482680 - 12/23/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magic_Hobo said:
Could I counteract the oxidation by putting fresh mushrooms into chocolates or something?

I don't believe so.  Oxidation of the psilocin apparently happens from not only oxygen in the air - but also oxygen molecules already in the mushrooms [was reading something like this in Advanced].  The only way around the commencement of oxidation is to immediately freeze dry them upon harvesting and keeping them frozen.  The equipment required for this is pretty damn expensive I think.

And about evidence of the loss of actives of drying - well it's common knowledge, just search google for "psilocbyin drying loss" or "psilocin drying loss", and you'll see tons of hits. 

I personally got the 20% psilocybin loss and 50% psilocin loss from this link right here.  On the right, it explains what the typical drying losses are, by saying multiply psilocyin by 0.8 [or 80% of psilcobyin is kept], and multiply psilocin by 0.5, etc.  I've actually noticed some bugs in the calculator tho, and it should actually give a higher # for the dried dosage [based on the conversions it's supposedly using]

http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator

Offlineone more
Want another?

Loc: Beside the vape.
Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: J3illy]
    #9482747 - 12/23/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know about the potency of fresh vs. dry mushrooms since I've never had the chance to try fruits from the same flush both ways.

But I do know this:

Fresh mushrooms completely wrecked my stomach for the 24 hours after I came down from my trip. It was pure agony.

If I ever ingest fresh mushies again, it'll be in tea.

--------------------

OfflineTeamAmerica
 User Gallery

Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: one more]
    #9482935 - 12/23/08 12:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I dont know if you can grind fresh mushies down into a tea...

Offlineacidbase
Virtually Inverted

Loc: Europe
Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #9482982 - 12/23/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

sounds like rubbish to me.

I would love to see the systematic study on alkaloid content that has lead to this miraculous conclusion....

--------------------
Extracting when the sun shines!

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Fresh v Dried [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #9483007 - 12/23/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TeamAmerica said:
I dont know if you can grind fresh mushies down into a tea...

I don't see why not. What I'd do is put my mushies in a magic bullet and make mushrooms mush. Then just add your boiling/warm water to that, wait and strain. Add w/e to mask the taste and drink.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9485023 - 12/23/08 06:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

one more said:
I don't know about the potency of fresh vs. dry mushrooms since I've never had the chance to try fruits from the same flush both ways.

But I do know this:

Fresh mushrooms completely wrecked my stomach for the 24 hours after I came down from my trip. It was pure agony.

If I ever ingest fresh mushies again, it'll be in tea.

Some poeple are unlucky with that, i can eat them fresh with little to know stomach discomfort, yet with BHWR seeds it kills me.

Not sure where he got his infomration, he does no his stuff though, not saying he is right or wrong. Just like to see the discussion on a much larger forum (original forum post is still in its infant stages)

What interests me is the beascin, which is an active chemical also in most cubes.

Has anyone who has isolated strains compared a fresh dose with the equivilent dry dose??

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibler3nzhe
NNUTTHOWZE
Male

Loc: Psychedelic State Flag
    #10500135 - 06/13/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by r3nzhe (05/24/11 09:10 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies