Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Loc: Flip Side
I feel like an idiot for asking this but I can't seem to find a way
    #10489936 - 06/11/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I been making lids and my RTV silicone always gets dried up and clogs my tube, which is a pain to clear out the next time I use it. I've tried a few things to try and keep it from drying out. Anyone have a fail proof method?

--------------------
PAN CYAN & AZURE FOR TRADE

"If ignorance is bliss, THEN KNOCK THE SMILE OFF MY FACE!" - Zach de la Rocha

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetazz
the spazz
 User Gallery

Loc: The Great White North
Re: I feel like an idiot for asking this but I can't seem to find a way [Re: Lucid_Euphoria]
    #10490018 - 06/11/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lucid_Euphoria said:
I been making lids and my RTV silicone always gets dried up and clogs my tube, which is a pain to clear out the next time I use it. I've tried a few things to try and keep it from drying out. Anyone have a fail proof method?

You mean the silicone dispenser tip clogs? Try putting a screw or nail in the tip to "cap" it. You can buy little rubber "condoms" that cover the tip and can extend the shelf life a bit, but I've had little luck with them. Or just buy the expensive tiny tubes of silicone and try to use it all up in one go. Like it or not if you don't use it often enough it will dry in the tube once opened. There's very little you can do about it.

I use silicone at work constantly, so I always have a working tube (or three) going. But any tube that gets buried in the truck dries up, as you've found, and gets chucked. Sometimes to save money I'll slash open the side of the clogged tube and just extract the silicone with a stick. :tongue:

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Loc: Flip Side
Re: I feel like an idiot for asking this but I can't seem to find a way [Re: tazz]
    #10490022 - 06/11/09 06:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Haha, ok thanks Tazz. I'll probably be ripping this tube open next time. Although I should have enough lids done now to last me awhile.

--------------------
PAN CYAN & AZURE FOR TRADE

"If ignorance is bliss, THEN KNOCK THE SMILE OFF MY FACE!" - Zach de la Rocha

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel like an idiot for asking this but I can't seem to find a way [Re: Lucid_Euphoria]
    #10490034 - 06/11/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

dang i didnt know that was a problem for some people...I  always screw a bcap(Wire nut)over it or us a screw.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Edited by TacoHerder (06/11/09 06:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1