Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Loc: Flip Side
Psilocybin/Psilocin effect on Kanines?
    #10486339 - 06/11/09 02:53 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

***DISCLAIMER***
I IN NO WAY CONDONE GIVING ANIMALS POISONOUS MUSHROOMS

I have been considering growing a small outdoor patch to recycle old substrates. I have a couple of dogs though so I'm concerned that they may decide to munch down on a shroom or two. I wanted to make sure that this wouldn't harm them in any way before I started up my patch. Will they be alright if they ingest a small amount? Will they even care to eat them to begin with?

--------------------
PAN CYAN & AZURE FOR TRADE

"If ignorance is bliss, THEN KNOCK THE SMILE OFF MY FACE!" - Zach de la Rocha

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlatypus
Cities of the future

Re: Psilocybin/Psilocin effect on Kanines? [Re: Lucid_Euphoria]
    #10486389 - 06/11/09 03:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I would advise you to put a guard up around the patch if possible.
Psilocybin/Psilocin mushrooms ingested by dogs hasn't been well studied, If at all.

Though it probably wouldn't kill it,  The mushrooms will definitely leave its mark.
Dogs need much less mushrooms to get an effect, They may very well eat an extremely high dose.

Not to mention the psychological effects the poor dog(s) would endure.

Best to keep them away.

If you can't put a guard up, Try sprinkling Cayenne Pepper around and on the mushrooms.
The spice should prevent the dog(s) from making your mushrooms their dinner. Not to mention it will add a nice zing to your mushrooms :smile:

--------------------
"Good karma may not buy you a meal, but it will cause someone to share a meal with you if you're hungry" -Wiccan_Seeker

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Psilocybin/Psilocin effect on Kanines? [Re: Platypus]
    #10486429 - 06/11/09 03:49 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I seen a video of a dog that had found his owners acid and it was having a great time. But i would put a guard round the patch or something. It really could depend on the dog and how much it ate.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineistandalone
the clit commander
Male

Loc: somewhere in southern VT
Re: Psilocybin/Psilocin effect on Kanines? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10486831 - 06/11/09 07:13 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

idk about dogs, but i know for a fact that ferrets won't die from eating shrooms. long story short, we were at my buddies cabin, all shrooming and playing monopoly. we were using drugs as the markers. there were 4 of us, and we each had a different substance as our markers. i was a mushroom cap, my bro J was a shroom stem, andy was a tab of E and steve was a dank nugget (yea we were fucked up, and monopoly is all but impossible to play while spun out on shrooms). we took a smoke break outside, and when we came back in the weed nugget, and both mushroom pieces were gone. we determined that the ferret (his name was Wiser) ate the fucking pieces. well the ferret acted really tripped out the rest of the night, but is still alive to this day.

now we don't use drugs as markers anymore lol.

--------------------
Now he's Johnny Hammersticks hammerin' away like he's friggin' Tommy Noble

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate