Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTripinBanana
journeyman

Loc: Texas
Re: innoculation Help
    #297656 - 04/20/01 02:48 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Do you have a glovebox to work in?? I reccomend using one, it will greatly decrease the chance of contams. Also, if you hadn't already decided to do this, flame the neddle after every jar and wipe down every jar with alcohol just before you insert the needle. This is so in case you get one jar contaminated you don't contaminate all of them. After I innoculate my jars I do not put tape back over the holes. I loosen the lids a bit, put them in a tupperware with some pearlite in the bottom and foil on top. Hope this helped.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChonger
Olive grower

Loc: England
Re: innoculation Help [Re: TripinBanana]
    #297770 - 04/20/01 03:26 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, flaming the needle may be a good idea. There is not much point to using a glovebox simply for innoculation, but if your overly paranoid about contams, I suppose it wouldn't hurt.
By the way, after innoculation, it is in fact a good idea to put the tape over the hole, at least until you have a good bit of colonisation. Then you may take of the tape and let the jars disperse all of that built up CO2.
As for loosening the jar lids and putting them in a humid envionment (perlite) before the jars are colonised, that to my knowledge is an extremely bad idea. If thats what you meant anyway, tripinbanana, I'm not sure.

Anyway, good luck.

We can be sure there is no truth in lies, but how can you be sure there is no lies in the truth?
Just because your paranoid, don't mean they're not after you.......

--------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy

OfflineTripinBanana
journeyman

Loc: Texas
Re: innoculation Help [Re: Chonger]
    #297784 - 04/20/01 03:33 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

No, keep the lids just loosen them. I have had no contams with this method, but I'm not claiming its the best. Depending on how dry or wet my substrate seems, I either put some pearlite in the tupperware or I leave it without.

Anonymous

Re: innoculation Help [Re: TripinBanana]
    #297986 - 04/20/01 08:44 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

You got a good clean place to work in? Don't worry about gloveboxes, flame sterilization, wiping the jars with
alcohol or covering holes with tape. It's all overkill and you more you screw around with it, the better the chance of screwing it up.

Just loosen the lids so you can take them off, one at a time, with hand hand while holding the syringe with the other. Move quickly from jar to jar, putting the lid back on (loosely) after each innoculation. Don't worry about sterilization between innoculations, the jars and contents are all sterile. You did put them in the pressure cooker, right? After all the jars have been innoculated, tighten lids. Don't put the needle down, keep it held aloft in one hand. The air is not near as contaminated as some people think. Unless you have mouldy bread or perhaps a corpse in the corner.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: inoculation Help [Re: TripinBanana]
    #10484058 - 06/10/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

bump

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: inoculation Help [Re: Cherk]
    #10484113 - 06/10/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

why was this thread bumped, apart from being 8 years its full of bad info, except using a glovebox and not taping the holes up

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate