Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

What kind of jobs are there for people who hate people?
    #10480442 - 06/10/09 12:18 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I want a job where I don't have to ever see or deal with even a single person, I fucking hate being around people. I don't like pretending to be nice, or acting 'energetic' and 'happy', I just want to be completely alone with my weed.

There are many people like me who make money, and I'm sure there are a few Shroomerites like me who make money, too. So what do I do and how do I do it? I'm not even 21 yet, BTW.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: What kind of jobs are there for people who hate people? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #10480519 - 06/10/09 12:41 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Work at a warehouse bro. For instance Fed-ex pays 14 hr. here and you don't do shit but drive a forklift...

Anonymous #1

Re: What kind of jobs are there for people who hate people? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #10480525 - 06/10/09 12:44 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Don't you need a license to drive a forklift? What do I need to do in order to get a job like that?

Anonymous #2

#10480534 - 06/10/09 12:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

craiglist it up bro... I just quit a warehouse job and yea you need to be forklift certified but they will train you if they need you all it is , is a video . Being forklift certified is a + on any resume to if you work in that field. The walmart warehouse forklift people make 20+

Anonymous #1

#10480549 - 06/10/09 12:51 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Fuck, well I'm gonna be a forklift driver, thanks for the idea!

So how many people do you deal with on a day-today basis? What is the workday/week like?

Anonymous #3

#10480574 - 06/10/09 12:55 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
I want a job where I don't have to ever see or deal with even a single person, I fucking hate being around people. I don't like pretending to be nice, or acting 'energetic' and 'happy', I just want to be completely alone with my weed.

There are many people like me who make money, and I'm sure there are a few Shroomerites like me who make money, too. So what do I do and how do I do it? I'm not even 21 yet, BTW.

Programmer. You can do freelance work and live alone anywhere on the planet as long as you have an internet connection. And you will make very good money.

Anonymous #2

#10480578 - 06/10/09 12:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you deal with no customers at all... It all depends on what type of warehouse you work in but the routine is usually the same . Your either A. Loading shit on a truck or B. taking shit off the truck and then either you or someone else in a later time is going to load that stuff into another truck.

Or if you work at a place like walmart or a large business that deals with orders you will just unload the truck or maybe you will ship orders via Ups machines..

Either way you will never deal with customers and rarely deal with co workers. You can listen to your ipods wear jeans boots w/e

Anonymous #2

Re: What kind of jobs are there for people who hate people? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #10480586 - 06/10/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:

Programmer. You can do freelance work and live alone anywhere on the planet as long as you have an internet connection. And you will make very good money.

Are you certified because he would have to do alot of classes... I'm a+ network+ and security+ and don't do anything with it because they all want you to have a 4 year degree.. Seems like there isn't any openings where I live

Anonymous #3

#10480600 - 06/10/09 01:02 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OP mentioned he's not even 21 yet implying that he's young enough to start working on the stuff he needs to do to get the kind of career he wants so getting certified won't be a problem for him. Or he can give up on life and become a warehouse bum lol.:rofl:

Anonymous #1

#10480603 - 06/10/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:
you deal with no customers at all... It all depends on what type of warehouse you work in but the routine is usually the same . Your either A. Loading shit on a truck or B. taking shit off the truck and then either you or someone else in a later time is going to load that stuff into another truck.

Or if you work at a place like walmart or a large business that deals with orders you will just unload the truck or maybe you will ship orders via Ups machines..

Either way you will never deal with customers and rarely deal with co workers. You can listen to your ipods wear jeans boots w/e

Sounds like the shit, I'm seriously going to look into this more, thanks! :thumbup:

Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:

Are you certified because he would have to do alot of classes... I'm a+ network+ and security+ and don't do anything with it because they all want you to have a 4 year degree.. Seems like there isn't any openings where I live

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read that, what kind of prerequisites are required for such a job?

Anonymous #2

#10480617 - 06/10/09 01:06 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

#3 I see what your saying but he said job not career.. Shit who would want to be a warehouse worker if you can make all that money but sadly...

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=QHKCV&ff=21&APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J3F37N65263X9BSCRDY

Anonymous #1

#10480638 - 06/10/09 01:12 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Job Overview

Company:  CyberCoders Engineering
Salary:  $100,000 - $160,000 /Year
Industry:  Computer Software
Computer Hardware
Wireless
Relocation:  Yes
Experience:  At least 5 year(s)
Education:  None

Required Travel:  Not Specified

That's alot of money for a job that requires no education! :shocked:

Quote:

Job Description

This position is open as of 6/9/2009.

C# Programmer - C# Developer - C# Engineer - .NET Developer - .NET Programmer - .NET Engineer - C#

Are you a talented Senior or Principle Level C# Engineer or .NET Programmer or C# Developer with a desire to work for a brand-name, household name? Do you want to be a part of improving people's lives? Are you sick of .coms? If so, read on....

We will relocate the right candidate!

We make products to improve the quality of people's lives. You can find our products everywhere. We take pride in who we are and what we do. Do you want to work with the brightest and have stability? If so, this is the home for you!

What is in it for you?

Competitive Base Salary

Comprehensive benefits package for the employee and family including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance

401K and 125 (c) plan

3 weeks of vacation during the first five years of employment, a month after five years of employment

Sponsored events and holiday parties

Excellent bonus plans (15%+)

What you need for this position:

4+ years of professional C# experience

Atleast 10 yrs of industry experience

Excellent communication and written skills

Detail oriented

Excellent documentation skills

Application or desktop experience

Strong GUI background

Desired but not mandatory:

FDA experience

C++ with COM or D-COM

If you are a top-notch Senior or Principle C# Engineer or .NET Developer or .NET Programmer or C# Developer with the desire to work on a "feel good" product, we look forward to your resume! We will relocate the right candidate!

Required Skills

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C#, asp.net, multithreading, reflection, winforms, desktop, FDA, delegates, com, d-com, C++, Software Engineer, C# Developer, C# Programmer, C# Engineer, .NET Developer, .NET Programmer, .NET Engineer, C# Architect, .NET Architect
If you are a good fit for the C# Programmer - C# Developer - .NET Software Engineer position, and have a background that includes:

C#, asp.net, multithreading, reflection, winforms, desktop, FDA, delegates, com, d-com, C++, Software Engineer, C# Developer, C# Programmer, C# Engineer, .NET Developer, .NET Programmer, .NET Engineer, C# Architect, .NET Architect and you are interested in working the following job types:

Information Technology, Engineering, Professional Services

Within the following industries:

Computer Software, Computer Hardware, Wireless

Our privacy policy: Your resume and information will be kept completely confidential.

Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the job in more detail with you!

Clicking APPLY NOW is the best way to apply, but you may also email your resume in Word to:

I can't believe they pay people so much for such elementary shit...

Anonymous #2

#10480665 - 06/10/09 01:18 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

But what im saying is you either A. have to have experiance which is 5 years for the above you can prob get away with 4. Or B. have equal that in college..

Anonymous #1

#10480675 - 06/10/09 01:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Fuck that, I need a job now, college later...

Anonymous #3

#10480710 - 06/10/09 01:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
Fuck that, I need a job now, college later...

That's a good formula to become a

WAREHOUSE BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous #2

#10480743 - 06/10/09 01:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

LOL ^ ^ Dude hes getting a job everyone isn't gonna be a programmer if everyone was and that was the case then you wouldnt be making 100,000 a year...

and btw being a programmer also has its downtime. you have to move sometimes you don't always have a job. That is contract work most of the time , although please correct me if I am wrong

Anonymous #1

#10480747 - 06/10/09 01:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well, my plan is to get a job with a high enough salary to allow me to live by myself, while going to college for a high-paying career where I barely have to lift a finger. Like all other creatures, I move along the line of least resistance! :satansmoking:

Anonymous #3

#10480769 - 06/10/09 01:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:
LOL ^ ^ Dude hes getting a job everyone isn't gonna be a programmer if everyone was and that was the case then you wouldnt be making 100,000 a year...

and btw being a programmer also has its downtime. you have to move sometimes you don't always have a job. That is contract work most of the time , although please correct me if I am wrong

I know, I'm just fuckin around. It just seemed like the perfect job for the type a person OP is. It's not easy and you're right about everything you said.

Anonymous #2

#10480771 - 06/10/09 01:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol #1 thats good tho. Its about taking steps and seting goals. Your goals will change but just keep making them and striving for them and you will find yourself where you want to be. And don't listen to that crap about not being able to find a job because JOBS are everywhere its the people who want CAREERS that are bitching and complaining.

Anonymous #1

#10480796 - 06/10/09 01:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've been applying for half a year without luck, but I do live in one of the most populated metropolitan areas of California, so maybe that explains my misfortune. It's really competitive here...:sad:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order