Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChrisB7
Stranger
Questions about cacti
    #10474962 - 06/09/09 12:17 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I recently bought a small trichocereus bridgesii, with the main cactus measuring at 12 inches, the first branch measuring 6 inches and the second 4 inches. How much cactus do I need to get strong psychedelic effects? What technique would be good for taking it?

Thanks, Chris.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

Re: Questions about cacti [Re: ChrisB7]
    #10475171 - 06/09/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I put "How much cactus do I need to get strong psychedelic effects?" into google and the first result was an article on erowid. At the bottom of that article there are two recipes for cacti the first one says to:

"finely chop up about 6-12 inches or 1-2 pounds fresh."

Thats just a start. I would suggest checking out that site.

google

OfflineChrisB7
Stranger
Re: Questions about cacti [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #10475198 - 06/09/09 01:07 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Goo...gle?

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

#10475227 - 06/09/09 01:13 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Seriously the only way to be sure of your dose is to do an extraction down to crystal. Cacti alkaloid content is extremely variable.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #10475471 - 06/09/09 02:39 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EdgeChaos said:
Seriously the only way to be sure of your dose is to do an extraction down to crystal. Cacti alkaloid content is extremely variable.

please dont do this. Bridgesii, in particular, has some really powerful alkaloids that make this cactus simply pwn pure mescaline

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

Re: Questions about cacti [Re: the bizzle]
    #10487302 - 06/11/09 10:05 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If those alkaloids are similar to mescaline then you would get them in the extract. I doubt most people have the equipment to separate the mescaline from the other random assorted goodies.

that being said I only have experience with Pedro and Peruvian torch... I might be missing something.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#10487388 - 06/11/09 10:27 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yah, I was under the impression that any active akaloids would also come out with the extraction because they are similar to mescaline chemically.

Offlinethe bizzle

#10487403 - 06/11/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EdgeChaos said:
If those alkaloids are similar to mescaline then you would get them in the extract. I doubt most people have the equipment to separate the mescaline from the other random assorted goodies.

that being said I only have experience with Pedro and Peruvian torch... I might be missing something.

It depends on the extraction... if its a simple extraction, you'll probably still get a lot of the goodies, if its Mesca. HCL or some shit to get pure mesc. crystals :thumbdown: :tongue: fartnoise
they can keep that shit, if somebody tried selling me even a good dose for 10 bucks I'd tell them I'd rather buy a dimebag, unless I had been long completely barren of it and had been dying to do it, or something. I once combined 4-5 different varieties of cacti and let me tell that took a royal grand shit on pure mesc, but then so does P.T.

Not only are there a variety of different alkaloids in different species that definitely add to the experience, there's also good nutrients and even antibiotics in some

I'd get into it more but I really don't like talking about cacti on teh intrawebz

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#10487756 - 06/11/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

When you do an acid/base extraction on some cacti it does pull other alkaloids, not just mescaline. If you think otherwise then you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not saying it gets them all, and I honestly don't know if it even get's them most, but there's definitely more there than just mescaline and inactive shit.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#10488363 - 06/11/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ChrisB7 said:
What technique would be good for taking it?

For ease, simplicity, and effectiveness, I always recommend MJShroomer's Tek.  Link Here Couldn't be simpler--you just chop up your cactus, spines and all, blend it into green goop, boil it down to a pint or so, strain out the solids, and drink with an orange juice chaser.  You can go from living, fresh cactus to a dose of mescaline ready to drink in 3 hours, and most of that time you're just waiting for it to boil down. 

Some say the drink is gross... it is very bitter, but with an orange juice chaser even my squeamish girlfriend has little difficulty getting it down.

Happy trials, mescaline is great great stuff.

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: Questions about cacti [Re: krypto2000]
    #10488928 - 06/11/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
When you do an acid/base extraction on some cacti it does pull other alkaloids, not just mescaline. If you think otherwise then you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not saying it gets them all, and I honestly don't know if it even get's them most, but there's definitely more there than just mescaline and inactive shit.

I did say "or some shit", implying I knew that I didn't entirely know, as I have found what works well and haven't felt the need to bother with complicated extractions...but I do know that clear mesc. crystals are missing the goodness of a nice green extract. In fact, I've done extracts with weak stuff versus good stuff rich in various alkaloids --The low quality stuff's extract came out black, and the good stuff came out green...the greener stuff had a lot more going on.

you can just look at the plant's interior and see all the different colors...various concentrations of different alkaloids...

What I know is from years of experience developing a relationship with the plants, that these patches of different concentrations of different alkaloids have a definite impact on the experience. I've even got a bit of a feeling of what does what, and there is nothing that can dispute being connected enough to the plant to simply look at it and feel the different energies and potencies of the different patches

If you can extract a lot of these alkaloids, then, great...it's the clear/transparent pure mesc. crystals I am saying is a waste

but don't take it from me, find out for yourself

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: Questions about cacti [Re: Noviseer]
    #10488969 - 06/11/09 03:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
Quote:

ChrisB7 said:
What technique would be good for taking it?

For ease, simplicity, and effectiveness, I always recommend MJShroomer's Tek.  Link Here Couldn't be simpler--you just chop up your cactus, spines and all, blend it into green goop, boil it down to a pint or so, strain out the solids, and drink with an orange juice chaser.  You can go from living, fresh cactus to a dose of mescaline ready to drink in 3 hours, and most of that time you're just waiting for it to boil down. 

Some say the drink is gross... it is very bitter, but with an orange juice chaser even my squeamish girlfriend has little difficulty getting it down.

See...this is not the type of "extraction" I am knocking...this stuff is green...full of goodness, like I said in the above post, it is the clear pure mesc. crystals that are a waste.

God damn, that stuff is GLEAMING bright green...looks so... JUICY

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#10491239 - 06/11/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
I did say "or some shit"...

Fair enough. I didn't doubt your experience anyway, just the details behind it (that it's only mescaline basically). I've never tried cacti, just the a/b extraction, so I can't speak for that either way.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Questions about cacti [Re: krypto2000]
    #10499319 - 06/13/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

fuck the extraction.

Tea Club REPRESENT!
:paperbag:

it dont mean shoop if it aint got that gloop! :cactuarrun:

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Questions about cacti [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #10499329 - 06/13/09 11:30 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm planning on getting cactus soon. No cactus sludge for me. Extraction is superior for numerous reasons. Looking forward to my first mescaline experience.

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Re: Questions about cacti [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10499337 - 06/13/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
I'm planning on getting cactus soon. No cactus sludge for me. Extraction is superior for numerous reasons. Looking forward to my first mescaline experience.

i beg to differ good sir. Cactus sludge has lots of nutritious stuff as well as antibiotics. it's easier to prepare, takes less time, and there are no hardware store chems involved. its Medicine with a capital M. i highly suggest you give tea a try before deciding to ignore it's merits.

to each his own.

- Founder of Tea Club,
              Shroomdoom

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#10499353 - 06/13/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

i beg to differ good sir. Cactus sludge has lots of nutritious stuff as well as antibiotics. it's easier to prepare, takes less time, and there are no hardware store chems involved. its Medicine with a capital M. i highly suggest you give tea a try before deciding to ignore it's merits.

to each his own.

- Founder of Tea Club,
              Shroomdoom

Yeah, well, I have a weak stomach and I am neither malnourished nor sick. I don't really like the idea of my mescaline being all caught up in sludge, thus slowing its trip to my brain. I don't place any significance whatsoever on something being "natural", so I get no "spiritual" (or what have you) benefit from choking down sludge.

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Re: Questions about cacti [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10499372 - 06/13/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Yeah, well, I have a weak stomach and I am neither malnourished nor sick. I don't really like the idea of my mescaline being all caught up in sludge, thus slowing its trip to my brain. I don't place any significance whatsoever on something being "natural", so I get no "spiritual" (or what have you) benefit from choking down sludge.

im talking completely on a physical level here. dont get me started on the spiritual stuff- ha!

its good to purge all the nasty toxins and shit from your body as well as experience the alkalinizing effect on the body that tea gives. thats why i don't use limes in my brew to keep the acidity as low as possible. nothing can describe the great physical sensation of well being that comes for weeks after a heavy cactus brew. i can imagine a lot of this is missing from the pure mescaline.

just sayin.

next weekend i will be at the beach with about 2 feet of pachanoi. Best of luck to you on your cactus Journey!
:cactuarrun:

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle

#10499399 - 06/13/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
fuck the extraction.

Tea Club REPRESENT!
:paperbag:

WHUT WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!
  :flyhigh:  :sanpedro:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (06/13/09 11:50 AM)

Offlinethe bizzle

#10499428 - 06/13/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

im talking completely on a physical level here. dont get me started on the spiritual stuff- ha!

its good to purge all the nasty toxins and shit from your body as well as experience the alkalinizing effect on the body that tea gives. thats why i don't use limes in my brew to keep the acidity as low as possible. nothing can describe the great physical sensation of well being that comes for weeks after a heavy cactus brew. i can imagine a lot of this is missing from the pure mescaline.

just sayin.

He's got a point meng

When a day or two after after the experience a simple fruit smoothie can make you feel more awesome than rolling...that's really saying something

If you can do an extrction that still contains at least most of the alkaloids, which im sure there are a few, then do that. Even that still takes a shit on pure mescaline crystals

and lsdreamer...if you don't place any significance on something being natural...FORGET pure mescaline crystals, there are still ways to reduce the amount of material you ingest, even an alcohol extraction is probably decent enough... but INCREASE your dose by a LOT...or infact, by a shitload

the awesome drug feelings mescaline gives you is barely stepping on the front porch

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (06/13/09 11:59 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains