Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoobey
Noob tube
 User Gallery

Re: I know PF Pint Jars dont work well but..... [Re: littleapplemm]
    #10475029 - 06/09/09 12:32 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Haha thats great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I know PF Pint Jars dont work well but..... [Re: Noobey]
    #10475634 - 06/09/09 04:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I tried a few pints myself early on.  They ended up compacted and never fully colonized. I ended up cutting off the uncolonized portions after 2 months.

Those plastic containers colonize in about a week, give or take a day from LC.

5PP = Polypropylene, it won't melt in the PC.  I've PC'd the one I have left several times and it's fine.  I even ran it through my 75X recently, 90 mins @ 21psi and it came out fine.

--------------------
Spongiform's Plastic Tek - An Alternative to Glass
Spongi's PF Block Tek & Automated Shotgun Project.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: I know PF Pint Jars dont work well but..... [Re: guywiththegun]
    #10475829 - 06/09/09 06:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

guywiththegun said:
So why exactly all the opposition to pint jars? I've used them for a while now and I'm curious why they seem to be so hated/if I'm doing something wrong that I can do better.

whats your yeild per cake?

Ive never seen a pint cake perform as well as a half pint. You would think that twice as much substrate and moisture would produce twice as much per flush but form pint grows i have seen its not even close.

Its kind of weird because 1/4 pints are like that, you would expect a 1/4 pint cake to yeild half as much as a 1/4 pint, but ive seen 1/4 pints put out almost as much as 1/2 pints per flush. Probably get less flushes out of 1/4 pints though.

The problem with pints.

Long colinisation
Prone to stalling
Invitro pinning before full colinisation
Moisture drains to the bottom

If your using plastic jars, they have an advantage of being able to break up the substrate kinda like grain jars. Need to try it, ive got a few 400ml plastic containers to give a shot

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OnlineMightyWhite
Male

Re: I know PF Pint Jars dont work well but..... [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10475939 - 06/09/09 07:22 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone always bashes on pint cakes and says this n that about them...
Ive had way better results from using pint cakes,colonization might take a few days longer,but Ive never been in a hurry anyways.
Yeild has ALWAYS been superior to 1/2 pints and the mushrooms from pint cakes are usually decent sized,unlike 1/2 pints,wich seem to throw little tiny skinny stemmed mushrooms.
I didnt have a camera at the time,so I have no pics to see,but I did a little experiment side by side between pints and 1/2 pints.....it was multispore inoculation,same strain (PF Redspore),in the same fruiting chamber (PMP),1 10cc syringe for the 5 pint cakes,1 10cc syringe for the 10 1/2 pint cakes. On 1 flush the pint cakes gave me 38 dry grams,the 1/2 pint put out 18 dry grams....so the results speak for itself.
I cant be the only person who does better with pints?
I would tell you to go ahead and use the pint jars and see for yourself,and if you dont like it and you feel you wasted a syringe,I will send you a print to start up another run at it.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: I know PF Pint Jars dont work well but..... [Re: MightyWhite]
    #10476249 - 06/09/09 09:55 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

38 grams is horrible in terms of performance compared to 1/2 pint cakes. If your getting only 18 grams from half pint cakes somethings not right.

Let me refer to my favourite cake grow i have seen in a while

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9182856/fpart/1/vc/1

Quote:

First off  I want thank all the mods and trusted cults. for spreading their knowledge across these forums.
It has helped alot thru this learning process.

Now for some pics of my second Multispore PF tek grow with Pacific exotica spora hawaiian.

Info on grow:

spores - Pacific Exotica Spora Hawaiian / vendor - sporeworks

FC - shotgun, 4in perlite, 2ft 24w fluorescent light, mist  3-4 times a day, fan 6-8 times a day, a fan on LOW in the  same room for most of the day

D&R'ed cakes after fully colonized and consolidation week

Rh going between 95-98/ temp slightly higher than the rooms temp

One cake is ready for harvest now.

These first pics are the initial pinset of my best cake and were taken 2 days ago.
https://files.shroomery.org/files/08-45/583084465-100_0577.jpg

Ive seen cakes produce 80 grams wet on the first flush. Based on that, a pint cake should potentially give twice that, evenw ith not so great ginetics you adleast expect more than 38 grams

Skinny mushrooms mean lack of FAE.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineNoobey
Noob tube
 User Gallery

Re: I know PF Pint Jars dont work well but..... [Re: MightyWhite]
    #10476257 - 06/09/09 09:58 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Mighty that makes me feel better lol! I just knocked up 10 glass pints and 4 quart plastic twist and locks.:thumbup:

OnlineMightyWhite
Male

Re: I know PF Pint Jars dont work well but..... [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10476622 - 06/09/09 11:21 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
38 grams is horrible in terms of performance compared to 1/2 pint cakes. If your getting only 18 grams from half pint cakes somethings not right.

38 DRY grams Veda
I dont think thats horrible by any means
And 18 grams from 1/2 pint cakes....yes youre right,Im not doing something right....its using those worthless 1/2 pints!
......and who gives a shit about wet weight,at least I dont. I like dry shrooms.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds