Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Azurescens and Muscle Paralysis
    #1036767 - 11/08/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I am starting this thread to expand on a conversation w/i one of my threads in the hunting forum.

The topic is muscle paralysis and azurescens. This is the beginning of the conversation.

Please post any comments or ideas regarding this subject here.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Azurescens and Muscle Paralysis [Re: Joshua]
    #1037951 - 11/08/02 11:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Here's an exerpt to break the ice:

"If I could only tell you the paralysis that occurs for me when ingesting azures or cyans. I recently ate 3.1 g cubes, 1.5 g azures, and .5 g cyans.

I collapsed in the middle of a field. I couldn't walk 5 blocks. My co-tripper couldn't smile the next day. I have experience many muscular problems on these two spieces. They effect these muscle parts/groups: eye, facial, esophageal, hand and leg. These effects are due to the species. I have never had similar effects on cubes. Read this: A play by play trip on 7 grams Azures!!!!

While that particular trip was an extreme dose, I have still noticed the effects on much smaller doses as well. That just happens to be the only trip on azures that I have recorded."

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
    #1038221 - 11/09/02 02:36 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i personally have never felt it. does it freak you right the fuck out or what that would just spirl me into a bad trip

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

InvisibleServator
Viral Agent

#1038230 - 11/09/02 02:43 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I actually had what sounds like a similar experience just last week off cubes.
I ate 3.5 grams (my usual dose, easy to handle) and smoked maybe one bowl (I'm a lightweight, plus never smoked on shrooms)
It was fuckin incredible for the first maybe 2 hours. But then I suddenly became deathly cold. I covered myself in every blanket, and sleeping bag in the house, but was still freezing. Then when I tried to move my entire mody had the feeling you get when your leg is asleep, that pins and needles deal.
I was still just barely capable of movement, but at the very best it was so slow and clumsy as to be unbearable. I sat in front of my computer, and tried to take my mind off by reading things. For the next hour or so, I couldn't move any part of my body more than a few inches at a time....

I've also noticed how incredibly weak shrooms make me feel, I have a difficult time even holding a hand in front of my face for more than a short time.
Could be a connection between the two...

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#1038867 - 11/09/02 12:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Heavy dose indeed joshua. I've never had the pleasure of azures but have experienced what you speak of with ps cyanescens. At around 3g I like to class their trip as "dreamy", 4-5g will bring on a kind of numbness where I feel tired but cannot sleep and find it a real effort to move and sometimes cannot. I haven't experimented further than this, but have combined 3g maoi (syrian rue) with 3g ps cyans. With this combo I experienced none of the usual cyan symptoms and truth be told I had a kind of energy that isn't really what I would associate witha mushroom high!

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineShadler77
Shroomin Shadley

Loc: WA
    #1047043 - 11/12/02 04:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Again I don't think the muscle tension is reserved to a certain species alone, because several people here (including myself) have experienced muscle tension with cubensis. For me, it's always in my calves muscles and nowhere else.....it's sort of like the feeling you get when you jump from a high place and land flat footed.....makes the heels/shins ring like hell, except with mushrooms it's constant for a while, sometimes even 24 hours or so after a trip. I've found that it usually sets in when I've been active for a while and then I lay down for 20-30 minutes....suddenly when I try to get up I find that my calves are cramped and sore as if the muscles have been torn or stretched. I think it must be the alkaloids, or something that's only specific to certain types of people (perhaps a deficiency of some kind, such as iron). Very odd indeed.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Azurescens and Muscle Paralysis [Re: Shadler77]
    #1048493 - 11/13/02 01:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

dude its different these people can not walk at all can move a bit its really fucked up

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Loc: between places
    #1055335 - 11/15/02 10:38 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

this thread is good idea joshua. it doesn't seem to me that the reports we're getting from people taking cubensis are the same as this "muscle paralysis syndrome" apparently quite common with people taking azures and psy cyan collected in the PNW. i myself have never experienced this with cubies or pan cyans, even at quite extreme dosage (i have certainly experienced pretty weird stuff at very high dosages, but nothing like this very particular "wood lovers syndrome". if i'm not mistaken, it is reported also by stamets and mjshroomer, among others.

--------------------
comario

"crusaders against emotional poverty"

Edited by comario2 (11/15/02 10:45 AM)

InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
On the Path ofthe Feather
 User Gallery

Loc: Sometimes Kansas - Maybe ...
    #1056768 - 11/15/02 07:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Psilocybin-containing mushrooms

Author: Diane Giorgi, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor,
Department of Emergency Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center

Effects Exeperienced from Ingestion of Psilocybin Mushrooms:
~ Alterations in perception begin within 30 minutes and subside after 6 hours.

~ Widely varying CNS manifestations, including euphoria and visual hallucinations,
have been reported.

~ Patients presenting in the ED may experience more unpleasant effects such as
fear, agitation, confusion and delirium, psychosis, and schizophrenialike
syndromes.

~Symptoms may include nausea and sympathomimetic activity such as mydriasis
and tachycardia.

~Frequent use may cause transient elevation of hepatic enzymes.

~Symptoms in children include hyperpyrexia and seizures.

~Physical: Predominant findings in these intoxications are neurologic.

~Fever, tachycardia, and hypotension may occur because of agitation.

Neurologic findings

Ataxia ~ Friedreich`s and other cerebellar ataxias are crippling diseases of the nervous system. They share many of the same symptoms, with unsteadiness and inability to co-ordinate movement being among the first. Friedreich`s Ataxia usually reveals itself in childhood whilst cerebellar ataxia more often affects adults. Some people have additional symptoms, but all gradually get worse. Almost everyone eventually needs a wheelchair and has difficulties with their speech, although their mental abilities are unaffected. Many of the ataxias are inherited. Friedreich's is the best known inherited ataxia. Other Ataxias are idiopathic, that is, they just occur. In a number of types of ataxia, we know which genes are involved, which is helping us in the research for a treatment. At present there is no treatment.

Incoordination
Confusion
Delirium
Psychosis

--------------------

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: Azurescens and Muscle Paralysis [Re: Peaceful_Nomad]
    #4458370 - 07/27/05 12:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Patients may experience more unpleasant effects such as
fear, agitation, confusion and delirium, psychosis, and schizophrenialike
syndromes.

Yeah, that sounds like why I take mushrooms. I just love that confusion and delirium coupled with psychosis  :rolleyes:

Bear in mind these bullshit "conclusions" are by someone probably being paid to reach conclusions to support the governments anti-drug stance. She could just as easily have reported those "bad" effects are extremely rare and that usually "Effects include the happiest most spiritual experience of the persons entire life, a superb afterglow where you feel at your absolute peak for many days afterwards,  absolutely no side effects and in conclusion this drug should be recomended to everyone on the planet".

But of course her funding would have dried up then.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale