Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Abort ?'s
    #670283 - 06/09/02 04:09 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Greetings all.

With my first grow moving along very well and getting my Pod this week ready to go...my mind is steered towards fruiting; specifically aborts.

I know that for judging a dose of fresh mushrooms Roadkill suggests a 10 to 1 ratio of grams of fresh to dry doses. (meaning 30 grams wet = 3 grams dry) as a safe estimate to follow for dosing to reach specific thresholds for the 5 levels of shroom experience. But how does one gauge a dose of aborts? I'm assuming since they're reported to be so potent that it's possible you can count the wet weight as almost equal to dry weight? Or do you simply eat one abort at a time until you reach the level of fun you're in the mood for?

Any advice on harvesting and tripping off aborts would be greatly appreciated. I remember even reading elsewhere last week that someone "saves aborts for only themselves and their closest friends." They sound like a beautiful treasure indeed.

Oh, finally, I realize we have to watch the pins carefully to make sure the aborts, once they do indeed abort from maturing, don't begin to rot. But what's a safe guess-timate with aborts? For example, say during my first flush I get about 20 pins on one cake. And of these I notice 9 or 10 of them seem to not be growing as fast as the others...and the next day I realize they haven't grown any more than the previous day. Is it safe to assume they are aborting and should I just pick them right away or should I wait another day or two before picking them? I'm just curious as to the time window an abort has from when it aborts to when it begans to rot and is no longer good for consumption.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Love & Light,

Boppity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDANCESinJELLO
Re: Abort ?'s [Re: Boppity604]
    #670313 - 06/09/02 04:30 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i have some of the same questions, also i am curious if anyone has experimented with only growing out small or aborted shrooms. I mean that since the larger shrooms apparently consume more nutrients from the cake, would it be reasonable to only harvest when they are small, that way you might get more flushes of more potent shrooms. i don't know, i am definately a newbie, i just hear all the time that abhorts are special. I guess the question for me is, are all the shrooms extra potent when they are small, or only the ones that don't intend to grow up.

thnx, i am curious.

peace

------------------

OfflineDANCESinJELLO
Re: Abort ?'s [Re: Boppity604]
    #671127 - 06/10/02 05:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

bump

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: Abort ?'s [Re: DANCESinJELLO]
    #10464579 - 06/07/09 05:56 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DANCESinJELLO said:
bump 

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Abort ?'s [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #10464611 - 06/07/09 06:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What was the point of that? quoting the bump?

The answer the questions about aborts. I dont think anyone has found a reliable method to growing aborts and still getting a decent yeild from the substrate.

Aborts are more potent per gram of meterial. Ive never tried aborts, but from people who have tried them it would be recomended to take less than your usualy dose, say if you normal dose is 3g dried, then take 2 of the aborts. You can always take more if its not quite strong enough.

Its not that the mushrooms are extra potent when small, its just they tend to be more potent per gram of material. The fruits still gain actives as they grow.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinesage1o1
Warrior
Male User Gallery

Re: Abort ?'s [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #10464629 - 06/07/09 06:30 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

oh aborts, they're the bain of my existence.  the strain im using right now (koh samui) is very abort prone, and because of that, im becoming more and more knowledgeable about aborts.  Okay, first thing you have to know is, the more FAE you provide, the more your abort numbers will drop!  with that being said, you will come to know when a pin aborts.  the main sign is the cap turns black, and (like you said) other pins will grow while they just get a bit fatter yet not any taller.  just be sure not to pull pins that are waiting they're turn to mature.  As far as a time line goes, many recommend to pull aborts as soon as you determine they're aborts.  I agree, except, i wait until the flush is done, that way im pulling everything at once, which is better for the following flush (imho)...  or maybe, i just like my ducks lined up that way.  But youre right in a sense, you do have a limited amount of time before aborts start ruining your cake through rot.

As far as tripping from them goes, when i got my first batch of aborts, and they equaled 35 grams worth, I ate them. ewwwww, they were the blackest of the black.  I didnt get sick, well except from the fact i had just eaten 35 grams of fresh aborts.  Also, in my experience, aborts or smaller mushrooms or whatever have no correlation with potency.  the fact is, they gather drug until the viel breaks. period. i think people say that because theyre so small, yet with the correct weight they can make you trip just like mature mushies. 

but anyway, thats what ive gathered about aborts.  GL

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: Abort ?'s [Re: sage1o1]
    #10467447 - 06/07/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

What was the point of that? quoting the bump?

nobody answered his question so i bumped it because i was curious.....i mean why make a new thread when i can just activate this one.....

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

Offlinepluutoni
psybient

Re: Abort ?'s [Re: sage1o1]
    #12903491 - 07/15/10 02:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Is there a definitive way of identifying an abort?

Offlinepluutoni
psybient

Re: Abort ?'s [Re: pluutoni]
    #12903493 - 07/15/10 02:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

could someone post pics puulease?

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

#12903522 - 07/15/10 02:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pluutoni said:
Is there a definitive way of identifying an abort?

A halt in growth, you can use a digital camera to keep track of them.

InvisibleBoozie
I like beer.
 User Gallery

Loc: :ↄo⅃
    #12903533 - 07/15/10 02:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Dude.

Instead of bumping an ancient thread, twice in fact, use the search feature. There are hundreds of threads and pics answering your exact question.

Aborts will have stunted growth and have grey or black looking caps, rather than the usual redish/orangish/tanish color of the healthier mushroom caps.

--------------------
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate