Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, San Pedro, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblechampinhom
Lord Justhappensness
Male User Gallery

psychedelics and health
    #10466343 - 06/07/09 05:11 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Taking LSD and Mushrooms is fairly hard on the body. But the rewards for mind and spirit are more than commensurate. Smoking cannabis is hard on the body too--on the lung tissues--and the rewards, at least in the direction of mind expansion, are not commensurate.That is to say,tomorrow's lung cancer isn't worth this evening's buzz. Mind expansion is a kind of athletic enterprise.You need to take care of yourself in every way you can to withstand the effects of the genuinely mind-opening substances. There are also certain substances--datura, K, various others-- that are quite powerfully psychoactive whose effects on the body however are so punishing--if the dosage is even slightly off, and even if it is not--that they are better left alone for the sake of keeping yourself in one piece long enough to learn something from the 3 or 4 substances that are relatively safe.

I wonder how many would agree with the above?How many wouldn't?

--------------------
My father used to say: I don't care what else you do in life, just don't be an asshole. People, forgive me when I forget what my daddy said.

Cut back the proliferating list of people whose opinions can hurt you. Unless they have done or want to do you some good, their views are just not worth tracking.
Saul Bellow

“People are just cannibals unless they leave each other alone.” Doris Lessing

Those whom the gods would save, they dower with compassion. Mr. P.  Silocybin

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: psychedelics and health [Re: champinhom]
    #10466379 - 06/07/09 05:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Weed isn't great for your lungs, but it isn't close to as bad as tobacco. A weekend smoker won't get lung cancer. Shrooms and acid aren't really hard on the body at all, they actually don't really harm you at all. They can cause mental issues like HPPD, but physical...not really. As for the "various others" I kind of agree; most drugs I give the "try it once or twice" approach because a single use won't fuck you too bad. I do agree that sticking with classic psychedelics (weed included) is probably the best long term approach.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlinedeathbydefault
RACOON RIDER X-TREME

#10466380 - 06/07/09 05:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I would have to disagree with marijuanas mind expanding benefits being negligable.. With practice marijuana can bring you to many of the same places as other psychedelics.. if your worried about lung damage , eat it than. Eating marijuana also may have anti-cancerous properties as well which is more than you can say for the other drugs listed...

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #10466395 - 06/07/09 05:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe you should read up on the effects of these drugs on the body?

Mescaline might make me tired the next day from spending the entire day tripping and doing stuff.  But It heals me and makes me feel incredible too.  I don't see it as hard on the body at all.

Furthermore, there is no connection betwixt MJ and cancer, an inverse relationship if you eat or vape only too since CBD and THC are tumor suppressors, or activate tumor suppressing pathways.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: psychedelics and health [Re: Cannashroom]
    #10466409 - 06/07/09 05:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cannashroom said:
Maybe you should read up on the effects of these drugs on the body?

Mescaline might make me tired the next day from spending the entire day tripping and doing stuff.  But It heals me and makes me feel incredible too.  I don't see it as hard on the body at all.

Furthermore, there is no connection betwixt MJ and cancer, an inverse relationship if you eat or vape only too since CBD and THC are tumor suppressors, or activate tumor suppressing pathways.

I'd go a step further and put all traditional psychedelics instead of just mescaline.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: psychedelics and health [Re: teeter]
    #10467062 - 06/07/09 07:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Totally agree with what your saying, but smoking cannabis isn't really that hard on the body, there is far less tar in cannabis than tobacco and for those that vaporize the health issues are non existent.

OfflineTeamAmerica
 User Gallery

#10467279 - 06/07/09 08:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms are hard on the body?

Explain...

Offlinelibertyshroom
Turn up the silence

Loc: Inside of Emptyness
Re: psychedelics and health [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #10467405 - 06/07/09 09:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It kinda sounds like your post is  an interesting type of survey to see how educated some of us shroomerites are.

Whether that was your intentions or not, I like it.:thumbup:

Anyways, while most psychedelics do have side effects like increased mucous production, increased/decreased blood pressure, nausea(sometimes, for some people) etc. these effects are only temporary. There is no long term effects.

Weed has been shown in many studies ot have anti-cancer effects and is much healthier than smoking tobacco and cigs.

Other drugs aren't that bad as long as you control yourself and live a healthy lifestyle to do as little damage as possible while having the most fun:vaped:.

--------------------

"Trip to heave and ho, up down, to and fro"

We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.
    -Terrence McKenna           

Invisiblechampinhom
Lord Justhappensness
Male User Gallery

Re: psychedelics and health [Re: libertyshroom]
    #10467709 - 06/07/09 09:57 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, using a vaporizer with cannabis would remove any lung cancer potential.  As for the effects of traditional psychedelics on health--I recall reading that Wasson believed that mushrooms were somewhat deleterious.I'm not sure what kind of mushrooms he was talking about. Maybe it was amanita muscaria.Maybe P. Mexicana.

Edited by champinhom (06/07/09 09:58 PM)

OfflineTeamAmerica
 User Gallery

#10467958 - 06/07/09 10:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

He was definitely talking about Amanita Muscaria, the health risks for that strain are well known, even though you can take some and still not die.

As for PSILOCYBIN mushrooms, wich is what I thought you were talking about, I could not see any health risk...

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #10467977 - 06/07/09 11:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms are a little rough on the stomach but this is a very shortlived thing and with moderate use wouldn't affect anything. And LSD is physically safe as well.

However I do believe the possibilities of mental trauma are very real as I have seen it happen. A bad freak out on either drug can mess someone up for few weeks. They can also supposedly bring out dormant mental conditions. Not to mention panic attacks and short term anxiety following trips can happen too.

Edited by Freeker (06/07/09 11:03 PM)

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: psychedelics and health [Re: Freeker]
    #10468335 - 06/08/09 12:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

no.. psilocybin mushrooms are not hard on the body at all....

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, San Pedro, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience