Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Spawning with Fruitbodies - Can I Really Do This?
    #1046156 - 11/12/02 01:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I read in someone's post that I could cut pieces of fruit body, rinse in h202 and throw them in my sterilized grain jars (along with 12-20 cc's of add'l h202) and it would colonize faster than by syringe. Is this really true? If so, how long do I let the hunks of fruit sit in h202 before I throw them in there? And how many hunks should I use per quart jar? I have cooled jars ready for my attention when I get home, but no syringes prepared. I have a couple of flushes going now, so I do have fresh fruitbodies on hand. Has anyone done this successfully? Tips and add'l info appreciated - I'd really like to try this tonight.

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Spawning with Fruitbodies - Can I Really Do This? [Re: babyshroom]
    #1046182 - 11/12/02 02:04 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have no idea such a method was used . Perhaps you misunderstood ?
Cloning is done by harvesting a chunk from the center of a stalk and then put into a petri dish of agar . This reduces the time needed to establish a "strong" viable strain that will produce , seeing how it came from a growing piece of stock . You do all this in as sterile an environment as possible , like when doing germination of spores in agar . H202 is not used in the method I know of .
Good Luck  :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Spawning with Fruitbodies - Can I Really Do This? [Re: tripndicular]
    #1046199 - 11/12/02 02:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, first I had heard of it, too. I meant to ask questions when I saw the post, but was in a hurry. Now I can't remember which post it was, or who said it. I have agar, but haven't sat down and tried to tackle it yet - my current excuse is no petri dishes, need to buy some.
I was hoping this was true, since it sounds EASY. Not only that, but the poster said that he had "narry a contam" with this method.
I know you're far more experienced - I've read many of your posts. If you've never heard of it, then I have to wonder if there's any truth to it. I don't want to waste my jars, so maybe I have to go home and make some more stinking syringes, huh?

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1046229 - 11/12/02 02:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Like I said , I'm not sure about the use of h202 when doing clones . Do some research on "cloning" , or get a MUSHROOM CULTIVATORS BOOK ,it is an investment none should do without . They have a section on how to clone . The SporeWorks has petris at a decent price , if you want autoclavable ones go to www.sargentwelch.com ( I think is correct addy ) , they are a large scientific supplier that has good prices on pyrex quality dishes . In fact when and if you go there do search for "dishes" .
Good Luck  :cool:
ps my experience is minimal compared to most , I just read lots . But thanx for the compliment .
"May the Mushroom Goddess bless all your endeavors !" :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineNew Name
New Name, OldUser
Loc: ATL
Re: Spawning with Fruitbodies - Can I Really Do Th [Re: tripndicular]
    #1046467 - 11/12/02 04:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I remember reading about this but have yet to try it. I think they said to soak the piece of the mushroom for one hour in 1:10 h2o2 to water and then toss them in your jars. not sure how well it works though. I think ill give it a try. I'll post as soon as i get around to trying it.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will tell a cop that I know my fucking rights and we can match wits all night" -311
Don't let the cops search you. Let them know that you care about your rights.

Edited by New Name (11/12/02 04:05 PM)

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Spawning with Fruitbodies - Can I Really Do This? [Re: tripndicular]
    #1047107 - 11/12/02 06:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Busted for being lazy. Ummm...I have the book, but haven't given it a thorough reading. I thought I had to work with agar to clone, and I keep putting off that "agar learning curve", since I'm still stuck in the "rye learning curve". This sounded like a quick, easy way to jumpstart jars. But the more I think about it -- every time I try to cut a corner, I have to start from scratch.
We've all heard it before - stick to the tried and true teks until you have some decent experience. Guess I'll go make those syringes now. I hope someone does try this and report back. If it works, it could really come in handy sometimes. Like now.
Thanks!

--------------------

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: Spawning with Fruitbodies - Can I Really Do Th [Re: babyshroom]
    #1047275 - 11/12/02 07:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I am not sure what post you are referring to, but yes this will work. It is about the same as taking a chunk of live mycelium and transferring it to a grain jar. After all fruiting bodies are pretty much mycelium, just a bit differentiated. Joshua has started agar plates with fruitbodies, if you want something to reference.
peace

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1047287 - 11/12/02 07:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Spawning with Fruitbodies - Can I Really Do This? [Re: Anno]
    #1048774 - 11/13/02 09:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, Anno. I'll go do some reading. Missed my chance to try this last night, but I'll have another chance soon, I hope.

--------------------

OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
    #1048868 - 11/13/02 11:19 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i THINK that this aplies to agar only cuz if you put a piece of mushroom in a jar, it will colonize but i'd think that it would eventually rot and cause problems...

When you use cloning on agar, the mush flesh will create mycelium wich you can then transfer to jars without having actual fruit bodies involved!

might be totally off, but it's somewhat logic!

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation