Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Phred]
    #10483374 - 06/10/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

funny stuff! that video made my day! :rofl:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: THC Titan]
    #10483383 - 06/10/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ron Paul, Barney Frank, and Jim Webb (this guy's theme is more about prison reform I suppose). Kucinich and Gravel, maybe. Some other representatives. Also there are some governors that would sign a bill decriminalizing weed.

And you can of course link for us the House resolutions or bills introduced, I'm sure.

Face facts, dude. The only state where marijuana was legalized (for a while) was Alaska, and Palin as an Alaskan politician quite cheerfully went along with the will of the Alaskan people on that one. I don't recall her campaigning against the bill making it legal. Nor do I recall her campaigning to get that bill revoked.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleBrasco
Stranger
    #10484223 - 06/10/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think what is pathetic in this whole thing is how several former prominent Republicans (Cheney, Gingrich, Palin, etc..) are flailing about and blathering on TV constantly in an attempt to remain relevant and to try to bring focus to a defeated and disheartened party.

Gingrich is a political dinosaur and a divisive character.  Cheney is a hypocritical douchebag.  Palin is an inexperienced and naive novice.  These are the so-called leaders we should look to in the Republican Party?  Absolutely pathetic.

Offlineinkblot
Stranger
    #10484255 - 06/10/09 06:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Quote:

Ron Paul, Barney Frank, and Jim Webb (this guy's theme is more about prison reform I suppose). Kucinich and Gravel, maybe. Some other representatives. Also there are some governors that would sign a bill decriminalizing weed.

And you can of course link for us the House resolutions or bills introduced, I'm sure.

Face facts, dude. The only state where marijuana was legalized (for a while) was Alaska, and Palin as an Alaskan politician quite cheerfully went along with the will of the Alaskan people on that one. I don't recall her campaigning against the bill making it legal. Nor do I recall her campaigning to get that bill revoked.

Phred

...Well, yes, Palin wouldn't have been campaigning against the bill, seeing as she was around 14 at the time.

Edited by inkblot (06/10/09 06:57 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Brasco]
    #10484292 - 06/10/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brasco said:
I think what is pathetic in this whole thing is how several former prominent Republicans (Cheney, Gingrich, Palin, etc..) are flailing about and blathering on TV constantly in an attempt to remain relevant and to try to bring focus to a defeated and disheartened party.

Gingrich is a political dinosaur and a divisive character.  Cheney is a hypocritical douchebag.  Palin is an inexperienced and naive novice.  These are the so-called leaders we should look to in the Republican Party?  Absolutely pathetic.

Flagrantly ignorant and stupid all at once.  What do you think is hypocritical about Cheney?  What do you think is inexperienced about Palin that cannot be applied to the retard thug in office right now?  I suspect that you have no interest whatsoever in Republican leadership.  Because you are  in no way conservative, are you?

--------------------

OfflineTHC Titan
Spoonman
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL, USA
    #10484350 - 06/10/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:And you can of course link for us the House resolutions or bills introduced, I'm sure.

Shit, dude, no problem.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/ron-paul-and-barney-frank-talk-about-marijuana-and-hemp

There's actually links to 3 separate bills concerning marijuana in that article.

Maybe you should face that fact that 12 states right now have protections for medical marijuana. Supporting marijuana reform isn't an outlandish idea in this day and age.

Quote:

Phred said:
By the way, she claims she has been called a slut "in public". By whom? When? Where? Is she talking about comments made to her by  schoolmates after the Senior prom or what?

On David Letterman. I didn't see it, but on the top 10 list he basically alluded to her appearance as a "slutty flight attendant".

InvisibleBrasco
Stranger
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: zappaisgod]
    #10484373 - 06/10/09 07:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
What do you think is hypocritical about Cheney? 

Claiming to not be interested in nation building in the 90's but then becoming a cheerleader for the Iraq adventure which is just that.  Claiming to be appalled at Obama's fiscal recklessness but being a part of an administration which consistently ran monstrous deficits and which doubled the size of the federal debt.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
What do you think is inexperienced about Palin that cannot be applied to the retard thug in office right now? 

Even though I am not a fan of Obama, at least he is articulate and has a grasp on policy and current events.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I suspect that you have no interest whatsoever in Republican leadership.  Because you are  in no way conservative, are you?

I actually do.  I am a conservative, but I believe that the Republican Party has been perverted by the neocons.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#10484487 - 06/10/09 07:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brasco said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
What do you think is hypocritical about Cheney? 

Claiming to not be interested in nation building in the 90's but then becoming a cheerleader for the Iraq adventure which is just that.

Iraq adventure?  That's humorous.  Cheerleader?  Even more humorous.  He was an actual leader, like the quarterback.  And there is no nation building involved.  Just the prosecution of an international criminal.
Quote:

Claiming to be appalled at Obama's fiscal recklessness but being a part of an administration which consistently ran monstrous deficits and which doubled the size of the federal debt.

My goodness, yet another child who thinks that a President who doesn't control the Congress can run up hideous bills.  Can you say "Quadruple"?  Of course you can.  Because you've been to collidge.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
What do you think is inexperienced about Palin that cannot be applied to the retard thug in office right now? 

Even though I am not a fan of Obama, at least he is articulate and has a grasp on policy and current events.

Dude, he thinks Austrian is a language.  Wake the fuck up.  He's a fucking moron.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I suspect that you have no interest whatsoever in Republican leadership.  Because you are  in no way conservative, are you?

I actually do.  I am a conservative, but I believe that the Republican Party has been perverted by the neocons.

And I think that the neocons, which I suspect you have zero understanding of, are the least of the reasons for the Republicans failing to win elections.  Perhaps if the Republican Party had not morphed into the Spend Like Democrat Whores Party they would still be in power.  But they bought into the seduction that ruins anyone who gets to DC.  I must do or therefor I am not.  Too bad.  Sometimes nothing is the best course of action.

--------------------

InvisibleBrasco
Stranger
    #10484577 - 06/10/09 07:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
And there is no nation building involved.  Just the prosecution of an international criminal.

You choose to ignore the billions being spent on Iraqi infrastructure and the training of Iraqi forces?  The exercise we are involved in is quite obviously nation building.  We are attempting to solidify a stable and friendly regime in the Middle East so that we can have another ally and so that we obtain access to their oil.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
My goodness, yet another child who thinks that a President who doesn't control the Congress can run up hideous bills.  Can you say "Quadruple"?  Of course you can.  Because you've been to collidge.

Do you remember President Bush using his clout to support the Medicare prescription drug plan?  Did you notice that it was Bush who signed those budget bills that ran those large deficits?  Cheney was a part of an administration which campaigned on fiscal conservatism and which did the exact opposite.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Dude, he thinks Austrian is a language.  Wake the fuck up.  He's a fucking moron.

A guy who is a graduate of Harvard Law School is not a moron.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #10485938 - 06/11/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

THC Titan said:
I would wager that Palin is receiving heat here because she actually campaigns strongly for limited government as a Republican yet doesn't support legalizing a plant that is prevalent all over the world and has become deeply entrenched in our culture for the better part of a century. In addition it offers a cheaper alternative to expensive pharmaceuticals.

I'm yet to see anything from anyone that backs this statement,
show us where in her own words she's said this, show us her
record for these stiffer penalties

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10485942 - 06/11/09 12:25 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brasco said:
A guy who is a graduate of Harvard Law School is not a moron.

a middle of the road graduate

would a Yale graduate be considered a moron?

OfflineTHC Titan
Spoonman
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL, USA
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10486286 - 06/11/09 02:18 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:a middle of the road graduate

would a Yale graduate be considered a moron?

Gotta be at least in the top 10% to get magna cum laude.

And Yale? Or Yale Law? I would wager that morons could potentially come out of either place, so it depends. I can think of one that got in on legacy from his father, and ended up being a very average student.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10486310 - 06/11/09 02:34 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I can think of several from both schools that turned out to be
morons, one from each that were morons and presidents

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #10486352 - 06/11/09 03:00 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You have a very wide definition of 'moron' if you include both Obama and Bush.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: zouden]
    #10487399 - 06/11/09 10:29 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

please, explain how there's a difference

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #10487776 - 06/11/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
johnm214 writes:

Quote:

By actions I'm not refering only to official actions as mayor or governor, I'm including policy positions and implicit support of various issues.

Again, I ask you to provide specific policy positions advanced by Palin to support your assumptions. Note that giving one's opinion on a certain subject when asked is not the same thing as promoting a specific policy. For example, she is honest in saying - when asked - that she opposes abortion. Yet none of her policy initiatives have anything to do with attempting to alter exiting abortion laws. This, by the way, makes her no different than the hundreds of other politicians who also oppose abortion but propose no changes to existing abortion laws.

And of course there was the recent widely-reported Gallup poll showing the majority of Americans polled consider themselves pro-life. Sarah Palin's position on the issue is the mainstream position.

Quote:

Anyways, I'm referring to Palin's support of victimless crimes like our drug laws (perhaps more accurately not supporting changes to them)...

And again this double standard. Why is it only Sarah Palin who receives your blistering and outspoken contempt, when in actual fact no politician of any prominence to speak of has made it a policy to stump for the reform of existing drug laws? Sarah Palin's position on this is the mainstream position.

Quote:

....opposition to equal treatment of homosexuals by the government in marriage licensure...

Again, why the singling out of Sarah Palin on this issue? Obama himself opposes gay marriage. Hell, even the citizens of freaking California - not Utah, mind you, but California - showed in no unmistakable terms that they oppose gay marriage. Sarah Palin's position on this is the mainstream position.

None of the lame examples you've dredged up illustrate any kind of hypocrisy when compared to her statements re the dangers of expanding government control over the American populace. And that apparently was your entire point - "Sarah Palin has some nerve complaining about increasing government control when you look at all the government control she has increased! Or, if not increased, supported. Or, if not supported, failed to revoke!"

Phred

How am I singling Palin out?  You ever read my posts, this is basically the reason I doubt I'll be voting for a mainstream popular party candidate for gubernatorial and presidential elections- and many others if possible.

This post was about palin and so I discussed her.  If that's singling out than I did so, but you have no perceivable basis to accuse me of particularly focusing on Palin- its just she's the one who's making these claims in this article, at least she claims to be on the right side of the issue.

Anyways, I've allready vaguely referred to what I'm criticising her for- here's the gist:

(from ontheissues.org )

Palin doesn’t support legalizing marijuana, worrying about the message it would send to her four kids. But when it comes to cracking down on drugs, she says methamphetamines are the greater threat and should have a higher priority.
Source: Anchorage Daily News, “Little play,” by K. Hopkins Aug 6, 2006

Q: In relationship to families, what are your top three priorities if elected governor?

A: 1. Creating an atmosphere where parents feel welcome to choose the venues of education for their children.
2. Preserving the definition of “marriage” as defined in our constitution.
3. Cracking down on the things that harm family life: gangs, drug use, and infringement of our liberties including attacks on our 2nd Amendment rights.
Source: Eagle Forum 2006 Gubernatorial Candidate Questionnaire Jul 31, 2006

Then the gay marriage stuff and claiming its an important issue, the apparent support for barring abortion in many cases at the state level, the nebulous "family values" shit which I have no idea what she's actually talking about.

There's plenty of other stuff in ontheissues, but I have no idea whether their summaries are accurate, and a bunch of them look misleading, so I won't refer to them (things like dna tests for felons and stuff are mentioned, but doesn't mention if its all felons or what- which I think should be unconstitutional unless court ordered pursuant to law).

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #10489184 - 06/11/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

If one is a moron then the other is some sort of super moron. Don't misunderestimate Bush's stupidity.

I'll take that back if Obama ends up saying more stupid things than Bush did, lies to the country in order to lead it into an unpopular, unnecessary and disastrous war, and raises global anti-American sentiment to unprecedented levels. So far he's had a much better and less-moronic track record than Bush.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10489433 - 06/11/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

If one is a moron then the other is some sort of super moron. Don't misunderestimate Bush's stupidity.

I see what you did there

Quote:

I'll take that back if Obama ends up saying more stupid things than Bush did, lies to the country in order to lead it into an unpopular, unnecessary and disastrous war, and raises global anti-American sentiment to unprecedented levels. So far he's had a much better and less-moronic track record than Bush.

are lies of omission also included, Obama is already rapidly approaching Bush's pile

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#10493390 - 06/12/09 09:43 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

How silly.  He has already said a plethora of stupid things, far outstripping Bush.  How many states are there again?  Do you speak Austrian?  The fact that he has a press that can't enough Obama cock is the only reason you haven't heard it.  He has been protected and coddled like the retarded child. What lie?  What was unpopular about the Iraq war?  Do you know that Congress decides whether to go to war and not the President and that the vote was overwhelming?  Do you know that Bush was more popular than Obama at the same point in his career?  Please explain to me how a diminution of "global anti-Americanism" is indicative of a good job by the President of the United States of America.  I don't give two fucking shits what you or anybody else thinks of America.  You are at best honest competitors.  He is supposed to represent my interests, not yours.  We don't pay this asshole to be your buddy.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #10493436 - 06/12/09 09:54 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
  He has been protected and coddled like the retarded child.

ain't that the truth.

could you imagine if someone like jay Leno reported that Michelle Obama looks like a whore and made jokes about adult men having sex with her children?

the media would be in full blown fucking meltdown. instead the MSM is telling Palin just to deal with it....

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds