Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDudeyourgone
Gone...
Male User Gallery
Loc: California
Palin: Government wants to 'control the people'
    #10455046 - 06/04/09 04:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

(CNN) – Alaska governor Sarah Palin let loose Wednesday on the Obama administration for enacting fiscal policies that "fly in the face of principles" and "defy Economics 101."

In a speech introducing Michael Reagan — the son of former President Ronald Reagan — to an audience in Anchorage, Palin warned that the government is planning to "bail out debt ridden states" so it can "get in there and control the people."

"Since when can you get out of huge national debt by creating trillions of dollars of new debt?" Palin asked. "It all really is so backwards and skewed as to sound like absolute nonsense when some of this economic policy is explained."

"We need to be aware of the creation of a fearful population, and fearful lawmakers, being led to believe that big government is the answer, to bail out the private sector, because then government gets to get in there and control it," she said. "And mark my words, this is going to be next, I fear, bail out next debt-ridden states. Then government gets to get in there and control the people."

"Some in Washington would approach our economic woes in ways that absolutely defy Economics 101, and they fly in the face of principles, providing opportunity for industrious Americans to succeed or to fail on their own accord," she said. "Those principles it makes you wonder what the heck some in Washington are trying to accomplish here."

Though the bulk of her remarks focused on government encroachment into the private sector, and praise for former President Reagan's views on limited government, the former vice presidential candidate briefly touched on national security. She told the crowd that "the terrorists are still dead set against us" and that her son Track is still deployed in Iraq.

I'd have to agree with this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Dudeyourgone]
    #10455054 - 06/04/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I wonder who wrote that for her?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: mofo]
    #10455069 - 06/04/09 04:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

it wasnt obamas speech writers, probably one of her kids

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10455088 - 06/04/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Talk about hypocrisy.  Unless Palin has magically changed to the opinion that drugs should be used freely without punishment, that gays can be married, and turned pro-choice, I'm not where she has the balls to say anything about controlling people.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10455103 - 06/04/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

"And mark my words, this is going to be next, I fear, bail out next debt-ridden states."

Truly she is a master of the English language.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: zouden]
    #10455117 - 06/04/09 04:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you gotta admit, if she actually did make it to VP, that would have made for some great laughs over the years.  I mean, as long as politicians are going to be useless, they might as well at least make us laugh, right?

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: mofo]
    #10455124 - 06/04/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well Bush made us laugh a lot but I don't think it was worth it :sad:

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #10455226 - 06/04/09 05:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

"Some in Washington would approach our economic woes in ways that absolutely defy Economics 101, and they fly in the face of principles, providing opportunity for industrious Americans to succeed or to fail on their own accord," she said. "Those principles it makes you wonder what the heck some in Washington are trying to accomplish here."

"Since when can you get out of huge national debt by creating trillions of dollars of new debt?" Palin asked. "It all really is so backwards and skewed as to sound like absolute nonsense when some of this economic policy is explained."

She's right and Sarah Palin is the only one left in the republican party i have any respect for.

the rest of them are just a bunch of pussies!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Redstorm]
    #10455324 - 06/04/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Talk about hypocrisy.  Unless Palin has magically changed to the opinion that drugs should be used freely without punishment, that gays can be married, and turned pro-choice, I'm not where she has the balls to say anything about controlling people.

This was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title of this thread. Is this fully retarded semi-MILF serious? :what:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10455448 - 06/04/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Palin said:
Hey guys remember me?  yea I know im way the fuck up past Canada but Im still chuggin.  Keep me in mind because I plan on running for president, oh whats that?  What is the point of this speech?  Well im trying to distinguish myself from Obama by proclaiming "If Obama says X! Then let it never be said that I immediately did not say Not X!".  Alright yea, I mean Im just up here to babble because news media will show just about anything at this point.  Hey you like my haircut, yea its new. Look at my ass twitch, yea it twitches at times :shrug:  I don't know whats up with that, maybe I should see a doctor?  Oh whats that?  Ha yea I know it doesn't matter what I say, just need to get reported that I still exist.  Yea life's funny that way"

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Chespirito]
    #10455510 - 06/04/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I wonder why people like Cheyney and Palin still appear on the news, nothing but a bunch of attention whores...

Palin's ass twitches? :strokebeard:

:whacker:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Poid]
    #10455541 - 06/04/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yea who knew?  I just report it.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: zouden]
    #10455604 - 06/04/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
"And mark my words, this is going to be next, I fear, bail out next debt-ridden states."

Truly she is a master of the English language.

*her kids

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Chespirito]
    #10455675 - 06/04/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Does she do this: :ass:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: Redstorm]
    #10455770 - 06/04/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

Are you fucking kidding me?  What is the greatest engine for controlling people?  Not dopers (state issue) not homos(state issue) not abortion (should be state issue but is court issue).  Not eavesdropping, not visa denying.  It is the tax code and the forced charity we are getting crammed down our necks.  There is NOT ONE UAW MEMBER WHO SHOULD HAVE A JOB RIGHT NOW.  The UAW pension fund should have no more protection than anyone else's and yet we are paying billions to support it.

The tax code is the single most powerful agency for population control ever invented.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: zappaisgod]
    #10455780 - 06/04/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing you said there supports your assertion that Palin is not a hypocrite...:confused:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people' [Re: lonestar2004]
    #10455787 - 06/04/09 06:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

She's right and Sarah Palin is the only one left in the republican party i have any respect for.

the rest of them are just a bunch of pussies!

Fucking spot on and Australian idiots have nothing to say about it.  They aren't paying the fucking bill.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#10455789 - 06/04/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Nothing you said there supports your assertion that Palin is not a hypocrite...:confused:

A hypocrite about what, lips?

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #10455990 - 06/04/09 07:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

> Nothing you said there supports your assertion that Palin is not a hypocrite...:confused:

As Governor, has Palin forced any of her religious moral beliefs upon the people of Alaska?  If not, then what is your complaint?  :confused:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #10456983 - 06/04/09 09:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

This was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title of this thread.

Really?

that's the first thing you and Redstorm thought about?

drug laws?

abortion laws?

gay rights?

IMO she was talking about Obama bailing out the private sector and using our tax dollars to take over large corporations! :thumbdown:

let me give you guys a secret. Sarah Palin is not the vice president of the united states she is the Governor of Alaska!

But!

Barack Obama is the PRESIDENT of the United States and Obama has promised to help with those very issues you have brought up!

gay rights and the war on drugs.

Obama promised to overturn the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell. :shrug:

Obama promised repealing the Defense of Marriage Act. :shrug:

Obama's First Drug Budget Fails to Shift Priorities
May 29, 2009

"The chairman of a House oversight committee last week chided the Obama administration for failing to live up to its rhetoric about ending the war on drugs and taking a new approach to preventing drug use,

Despite promising statements by the new administration and Director Kerlikowske, the FY 2010 Budget does not reflect a changed approach to fighting drug abuse," said Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), chair of the Domestic Policy Subcommittee of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. "While there is an increased emphasis on treatment programs, the spending allocated to supply-side initiatives still vastly outweighs the demand-side programs."

However, the FY2010 drug budget, released earlier this month, is actually more unbalanced in favor of supply reduction than the Bush administration's final anti drug plan.

"President Obama is poised to invest more in enforcement, and less in prevention and treatment than George W Bush!

It's hard to imagine ending even the rhetoric of the 'drug war' while prosecuting it with greater vigor than we saw during the Bush years."

http://www.jointogether.org/news/features/2009/obamas-first-drug-budget.html

If you all really gave a shit about these issues you would be demanding Obama (the current U.S. president) keep his fucking Promises from last year instead of worrying about what a Governor from Alaska believes about gay and drug rights.

Talk about hypocrisy.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom