Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: Murex]
    #1045244 - 11/11/02 11:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"I came to the conclusion (after my experience) that there IS something else out there, beyond our little reality. I tried waking myself up by trying to lift my head up with my hands only to realize my real hands are on my chest. My hands and arms were there, just not physically there. My head kept getting 'smeared' by my hands. I can't really explain it all that well, but it defanately allowed me to confirm that there is something else beyond our physical bodies."

Of course this is, and I don't know how anyone could beleive otherwise. People in hospitals have come back from OBE's reporting events in different parts of the hospital. And since I have had an OBE I know its real, I don't need proof.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: Murex]
    #1045261 - 11/11/02 11:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Many OBEers like postanal talk about exploring "the universe". Which one? The one in your head or the one "out there"?

Why is it ONLY in the field of metaphysics is one able to "discover" something, but unable to share it except as a personal story?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: Swami]
    #1045297 - 11/11/02 11:50 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Why is it ONLY in the field of metaphysics is one able to "discover" something, but unable to share it except as a personal story?

Because metaphsics deals with the esoteric and intangable. I'd say it's pretty tough to prove anything in such a field.

Why are we all gathered here in a spiritual board for a webpage about mushrooms?

:confused:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
Loc: Earth
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: Swami]
    #1045300 - 11/11/02 11:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"Many OBEers like postanal talk about exploring "the universe". Which one? The one in your head or the one "out there"?"

Every aspect of my reality is within my mind. Whether it be waking life, lucid dreaming or astral projection. They are all equally real. If im learning and percieving than it is reality.

--------------------
"It's not until we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything." TDFC

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: postanaldrip]
    #1045332 - 11/12/02 12:10 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Kind of sounds like schizophrenia!  :wink: 

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1045353 - 11/12/02 12:21 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

as long as im happy it doesnt matter. :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

#1045358 - 11/12/02 12:26 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'll definitely agree with you on that!

--------------------

OfflinePsi_fex
Psi Psy

Loc: Aus
    #1045359 - 11/12/02 12:26 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

what you people might not understand is that astral travel isn't that rare infact most of the time it happens is natural and is done in our sub conscious for example a lucid dream (if ur intending it to) could result in an oobe
and sometimes just done when your body is so tired it recharges its batteries in the astrala world , have you every been so tired but weren't able to get to sleep for example a plane trip and then suddenly awoke with a shock and a sat up straight for no reason (please dont think im crazy...) well the theory is that its because yourAstral body has actually left or floated above your physicle body and for some reason suddenly falls down into your body giving u a little shock

but as for being able to roam around the world as a metaphysicle being of sorts and recalling when your back ive heard takes quite a bit of training :smile:

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
    #1045362 - 11/12/02 12:30 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"Every aspect of my reality is within my mind. Whether it be waking life, lucid dreaming or astral projection. They are all equally real. If im learning and percieving than it is reality."

Very well put. You defined reality perfectly:)

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1045418 - 11/12/02 01:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My only experience with anything resembling OBE's was when i used to glug back benylin DM in the late 70's early 80's. i don't mean to imply here that OBE's do NOT exist outside of drug induced context in any general sense, merly that they never have for ME....outside of the aforementioned experiences with DXM....were my experiences "real"? Well at the time they "seemed" to be, in retrospect i can provide no substantial evidence nor answer to my own question.

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
    #1045436 - 11/12/02 01:41 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

astral projection is possible.
anything is with the will power.
but to prove outside of yourself that it was as real as anything else is useless
normal every day life is a projection.

there are much better things to do with your being than loose energy on astral projection.
oh but of course energy to that extent is limitless. once you plug in it will always go.
but thats not the matter at hand, its what you do with that infinite energy.
where you direct it.

my question to all of you is.
what do you get out of astral projection?

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: Monkah]
    #1045465 - 11/12/02 02:08 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"astral projection is possible"

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

"anything is (possible) with the will power"

I have yet to see someone fly with will power.

"but to prove outside of yourself that it was as real as anything else is useless"

Why is it useless?  That would be the greatest thing ever!  Maybe because proving it is impossible???

"normal every day life is a projection"

Please explain what that means.

Thanks!!!  :smile: 

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1045471 - 11/12/02 02:12 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have yet to see someone fly with will power

Hey there Blue! well the above statement COULD be linked to your inability to "SEE", in the Castenedian sense  :grin:

if you've read some of Casteneda's books you'll undertand that to which i am alluding.....if not, rest assured that it was not meant in a mean spirited way :smile: 

--------------------

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1045492 - 11/12/02 02:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't take any offense at all, Freak.  In fact, I have yet to see a mean spirited post from you to anyone.  :laugh:

Although it may not seem like it, I am very open to new thoughts and ideas, but I'm also critical of ideas if they're not backed up with logic that makes sense in my mind.  I'm not familiar with the Castenadan books you talk about, but it seems to me that flying in a castenedan sense is nothing more than using one's imagination.  If people could really fly out of their body (I assume that's what we're talking about), would they be able to tell me what's in a location I specify?  If they could do that, I'd be absolutely convinced. 

--------------------

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta
    #1045507 - 11/12/02 02:36 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well, for as long as I can remember,.. Ive often had feelings of rising from my body when i sleep... One thing that I find odd is that as i am rising,.. I feel a huge degree of preasure on whhatever side of my body I am laying... (us. on my back) and for some reason it really freaks meout,.. so  try to wake myself up.
One thing i have been rrying to incorporatre lately into the experience is to envision a silver cord attaced to my asral self and my physical body... and when i sart to wake up, spin in circles really fast and it usually grounds me alot better
Peace :tongue: 

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: Monkah]
    #1045522 - 11/12/02 02:44 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"my question to all of you is.
what do you get out of astral projection?"

Freedom, wisdom, love.

" but to prove outside of yourself that it was as real as anything else is useless"

Im aware of that. Thats exactly why im not trying to prove anything to anybody.

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1045523 - 11/12/02 02:44 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't take any offense at all, Freak. In fact, I have yet to see a mean spirited post from you to anyone.

Ssssshhhhhhhhhhh! don't let anyone see you saying that or they'll know i'm not serious when i SEEM to be attacking them :grin:

it seems to me that flying in a castenedan sense is nothing more than using one's imagination.

i'm not really qualified to respond to that as i have never really "seen" in the Castenedian sense(there was a good thread Re the Casteneda books at ye olde S & P a couple of weeks ago) From what i can recall* of "separate reality", "Journey to Ixtlan" etc, imagination or one's own personal WILL did seem to be one of the determinate factors....

If people could really fly out of their body (I assume that's what we're talking about), would they be able to tell me what's in a location I specify? If they could do that, I'd be absolutely convinced.

hehe :wink: the truth here is, Blue, i've heard about so called scientific studies done where a purported astral projectile conciousness being has been successfuly able to identify object, playing cards etc, which they "normally" would not have been able to....outside of the context of an OBE

Where these studies were done, who did them, and whether or not they adhered to the rules/dictates of scientific methodology, i really can't say. i've never been especially interested enough in OBE's to do the requisite research surrounding it....

Again Blue, i'm not even predicating that scientific knowledge, in and of itself yields the "greatest" reality value, although it is commonly accepted that IS the case........for my own part though, as in many other areas of "paranormal" research ,all i can say re OBE's is i dunno :grin:

* judicious avoidance of the word SEEN :wink:

Edit was a misplaced asterisk

--------------------

Edited by FreakQlibrium (11/12/02 02:47 AM)

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
    #1045525 - 11/12/02 02:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"astral projection is possible" 
How did you arrive at this conclusion?

because ive felt it, been through it, and become aware of the reality of it.
at least to the extent in my own reality that i feel becomes enough evidence to prove its existance.

"anything is (possible) with the will power" "
I have yet to see someone fly with will power.  '=

i was once chillin with the most insane kid i knew.
he definatly had the capacity to fly in our dense atmosphere.
we were tripping on purple monster blotter, 3 hits.
and he tried soo soo hard to fly.
with all of his might. every last bit of earthly bound energy was used.
there was nothing beyond himself holding him back.
by "himself" i mean his body.

if one really and earnestly had the intent to fly.
they would easily overcome this "self" body attachment
and just think themselfs into flying
or will yourself into visualy flying with your imagination.

i wonder if the Wright brothers had a will to fly?
they acomplished something verry verry big.
manifested through imaginative wants
filtered through scientific methods.

will power is what does anything for you,.
its your functioning gasoline.
if youve ever been extremly hung over or sick.
your will power is lost. and you have not the will to even want to stand up, go out an run around enjoying fresh air.

spirituality is gaining more energie power
sometimes concentrating it into methods like astral projection
zen is the act of being filled with this energie , as to be it, and act out of it.

"but to prove outside of yourself that it was as real as anything else is useless"

Why is it useless? That would be the greatest thing ever! Maybe because proving it is impossible???

its not completely useless. there are some wonderful things in having conections with other entities. but to stress the idea of needing to share is useless.
what im saying, is the only one you need prove too , to be right, is yourself.

"normal every day life is a projection"

means, that what you view is a procedure of alot of componets coming together to make your vision. one major componant being your mind. alters your thoughts, your will power to be, and capacity to remember exactly what happend in those procedures while they where happening.

i will give an example.
even though i cannot alter reality directly from anyone else unless with physical nature, i can however stare blankly at a wall.
while staring at that wall i can physically control my pupils into become wider.
slowly light becomes more sensitive, even in dark.
and if i do not directly look at that light it gets brighter to the point of engulfing my whole "vision"
at first liquidy and ever moving in nature.
with will power i can directly afflict what im veiwing.
if i wanted to see a kitten. i would in this cloudy vision.
i can even travel to diferent places, do diferent things  like fly. its extendable only to the limitations ive created for myself.

but those lights are clouds.
thoughts are clouds. they pass by your perception
thoughts attrack thoughts
and will power atracks the intended
visualy looking at this cloudy structure , it can be melded into whatever desired.
all with my eyes open.
its going as far as i can physically, then imaginatively imfluencing the situation by projecting images with will power.

(verry loose description)

hope that helps. :smirk:

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #1045528 - 11/12/02 02:52 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Right, Doesnt seem to be anyone with the sort of astral prowess i was looking for. Guess Im gonna have to go into training and then I will take the Swami challenge. That cash could come in pretty handy if the offer still stands Swami! :grin:

On a serious note, there is as far as i am concerned a big difference between having an experience of "projecting" inside your own psyche to projecting your conciousness around consensual reality. I know we are all one etc I really do, I just feel that metaphor gets over used as an excuse for sloppy thinking alot of the time.

Any ideas where I might be able to find some experienced astral projectors if there arent any at the sgroomery? 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Any experienced astral projectors around? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1045530 - 11/12/02 02:55 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

VIII. THE NEURO-ATOMIC CIRCUIT
Hold on to your hats and breathe deeply--this is the farthest-out that human intelligence has yet ventured.
Consciousness probably precedes the biological unit or DNA tape-loop. "Out-of-body experiences," "astral projection," contact with alien (extraterrestrial?) "entities" or with a galactic Overmind, etc., such as I've experienced, have all been reported for thousands of years, not merely by the ignorant, the superstitious, the gullible, but often by the finest minds among us (Socrates, Giordano Bruno, Edison, Buckminster Fuller, etc.). Such experiences are reported daily to parapsychologists and have been experienced by such scientists as Dr. John Lilly and Carlos Castaneda. Dr. Kenneth Ring has attributed these phenomena to what he calls, very appropriately, "the extraterrestrial unconscious."

Dr. Leary suggests that circuit VIII is literally neuro-atomic--infra, supra and meta-physiological--a quantum model of consciousness and/or a conscious model of quantum mechanics by the turned-on physicists discussed previously (Prof. John Archibald Wheeler, Saul-Paul Sirag, Dr. Fritjof Capra, Dr. Jack Sarfatti, etc.) indicates strongly that the "atomic consciousness" first suggested by Leary in "The Seven Tongues of God" (1962) is the explanatory link which will unite parapsychology and paraphysics into the first scientific empirical experimental theology in history.

When the nervous system is turned on to this quantum-level circuit, space-time is obliterated. Einstein's speed-of-light barrier is transcended; in Dr. Sarfatti's metaphor, we escape "electromagnetic chauvinism." The contelligence within the quantum projection booth IS the entire cosmic "brain," just as the micro-miniaturized DNA helix IS the local brain guiding planetary evolution. As Lao-tse said from his own Circuit VIII perspective, "The greatest is within the smallest."

Circuit VIII is triggered by Ketamine, a neuro-chemical researched by Dr. John Lilly, which is also (according to a wide-spread but unconfirmed rumor) given to astronauts to prepare them for space. High doses of LSD also produce some circuit VIII quantum awareness.

This neuro-atomic contelligence is four mutations beyond terrestrial domesticity. (The current ideological struggle is between circuit IV tribal moralists-or-collectivists and circuit V hedonic individualists.) When our need for higher intelligence, richer involvement in the cosmic script, further transcendence, will no longer be satisfied by physical bodies, not even by immortal bodies hopping across space-time at Warp 9, circuit VIII will open a further frontier. New universes and realities. "Beyond theology: the science and art of Godmanship," as Alan Watts once wrote.

It is therefore possible that the mysterious "entities" (angels and extraterrestrials) monotonously reported by circuit VIII visionaries are members or races already evolved to this level. But it is also possible, as Leary and Sarfatti more recently suggest, that They are ourselves-in-the-future.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom