Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Timbucktoo
23 day spawn run and counting!!
    #10448652 - 06/03/09 04:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

ok,

2 monos, one a clone im working with, the other is TED MS.
73 quart monos, 3.5 inches of hpoo, 4 quarts of wbs.

these thing are both colonizing slow as molasses.:banghead:
The TED MS was spawned 16 days ago and is about 60%.
The clone was spawned 23 days ago and is about 95%.

they are not dry and are getting FAE (covered with blankets).

one thing that worries me is that the 95% one should smell like mushies i would think, mine always do, but these tubs smell like aged manure (earthy, kinda like dirt i guess, which is why im worried, ive heard trich smells like dirt.):crazy:

I dont see trich, ive seen it and know what to look for.:tongue2:

At first i thought i had a bum clone because i cloned a mature fruit from a 3rd flush ( i know, duh :rolleyes:) but the TED is slow also, so what gives?:shrug:

Ive never waited longer than 2 weeks with my setup/system i use.

any ideas? could a contam be present with no symptoms?
I have had one tub get to 100% in 2 weeks, put it in fruiting conditions, and it went green a week later, couldnt even get one flush.:thumbdown:

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They try to take away everything God gave us,yet...
our money still says "In God We Trust".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You take a mortal man and put him in control,
Watch him become a God,watch peoples heads a'roll.
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 23 day spawn run and counting!! [Re: 200proofhonky]
    #10449344 - 06/03/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

bump

--------------------
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

#10449417 - 06/03/09 06:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

200proofhonky said:
ok,

2 monos, one a clone im working with, the other is TED MS.
73 quart monos, 3.5 inches of hpoo, 4 quarts of wbs.

:

That ratio sounds kinda low.  :justdontknow:

--------------------
Infea said:
You ever seen that movie Constantine.  Well they pass into hell several times.  In hell there are melting human bodies, in your tub are melting mushroom bodies.  Your tub had passed into mushroom hell.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: 23 day spawn run and counting!! [Re: Stealthgrower]
    #10449434 - 06/03/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

wait 24 hours before bumping your post.

95% colinised and smells like dirt>? that doesnt sound like mushroom mycelium at all, dirt smell suggests mold.

whats your spawn ratio, you gave your spawn quarts, but mentioned the bulk in inches, how many quarts of bulk did you use.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

Re: 23 day spawn run and counting!! [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10449498 - 06/03/09 07:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

He said they smelled like aged manure.  Perfectly normal.  Assuming your tub is 34 long by 20 wide, which seems reasonable for that volume of a tub, and 3.5 inches deep, you used approximately a 1:9 or 1:10 ratio, according to the handy dandy excel spawn calculator. 
:

That ratio sounds kinda low.  :justdontknow:

Slow spawn runs will increase your chance of contams, but that doesn't mean this project is contammed.  Just leave it alone and wait it out.  There's really nothing you can do about it at this point.

--------------------
Infea said:
You ever seen that movie Constantine.  Well they pass into hell several times.  In hell there are melting human bodies, in your tub are melting mushroom bodies.  Your tub had passed into mushroom hell.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10449511 - 06/03/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

no wonder its taking so long.

Next time, use a 1:3 ratio.

as previous said, you will just have to wait

--------------------

Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

#10449564 - 06/03/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey BTW Veda, do you use hpoo in a lot of grows?

--------------------
Infea said:

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10449572 - 06/03/09 07:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I wish i did, i hope to try it soon. My mates uncle owns some horses so hes going to collect aged manure soon.

--------------------

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

#10449644 - 06/03/09 07:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:

95% colinised and smells like dirt>? that doesnt sound like mushroom mycelium at all, dirt smell suggests mold.

Quote:

Stealthgrower said:

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
I wish i did, i hope to try it soon. My mates uncle owns some horses so hes going to collect aged manure soon.

Dude I don't understand why you keep trying to give people advice outside of your realm of experience man.  At least say you've never tried it, but you've heard or something.  You could have this guy tossing his monotub that just isn't ready to fruit yet because he sees your post count and thinks you must know what you're talking about.  I'm trying to be cool here, but you kinda do this a lot, and I know you're just trying to help and that's nice of you, but think about it.  Spawn plus tub, this guy is probably like almost two months into this grow.  How bad would it suck to toss a perfectly good tub, that is just slow due to spawn ratio?

--------------------
Infea said:

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#10449687 - 06/03/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

the tub's are prolly only 30" by 16" at the most, they are taller than they are wide.
Ive used this same ratio for many grows (never used a spawn calculator or anything, i can just tell by looking when its right).
Im using the same tubs,same spawn ratio and same technique ive used for many,many successful grows minus the clone im using in one tub now.
I used MS before, and remember one tub is TED MS and one is a clone.

The confusion im having is that they are both colonizing slow when every other tub ive had has colonized in less than 2 weeks with the same exact setup and technique im using now.

btw, there is no rule about waiting 24 hours to bump in MC.
I bump alot because of people in different time zones and such, and i never seem to get answers unless i bump a few times.

Ive found that unless you "know" people on here questions often get ignored or you get "newbs" helping "newbs" which leads to disinformation.
there are not many here who want to help, they just want to criticize usually.
I am not a vet and im not a newb, im stuck between.
I bump to get answers and sometimes that doesnt even help.

thanks to those that truly want to help,seriously:cheers::thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10449703 - 06/03/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

and thats why i said suggests mould.

I live in a flat that has dampness problems in the bedroom with lots of mould growing, i dont sleep in that room also. I know what moulds smell like. I also know what manure smells like. Ive been around farms plenty of times to know what aged manure smells like.

If i was certain that it was bad, i would say chuck it, anyone with half a brain cell would be erring on the side of caution rather than being fuck get it out get it out.

Post count means nothing, and people should realise that. theres alot more forums here than just mushroom cultivation, its easy to build up posts, posting crap in the other forums then frequent here.

Theres plenty of other noobs that post bad advice, yet just because im around alot and have a high post count, and post beyond my physical experience i get slated for it.

A simple, sorry but your mistaken its actually such and such.

Im sorry that i havnt been able to gain the actually physical experience, but its been impossible and only now and its going to be short i can cutlivate on my own.

Now i have to ask you, does your poo still smell like dirt when almost fully colinised? maybe the OP estimate of colinisation isnt acutally 95% and is much lower? it really doesnt make sense that it will still smell like dirt, then all of a suden, earthy mushroom.

--------------------

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#10449722 - 06/03/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Stealthgrower said:
Quote:

veda_sticks said:

Quote:

Stealthgrower said:

Quote:

veda_sticks said:

Dude I don't understand why you keep trying to give people advice outside of your realm of experience man.  At least say you've never tried it, but you've heard or something.  You could have this guy tossing his monotub that just isn't ready to fruit yet because he sees your post count and thinks you must know what you're talking about.  I'm trying to be cool here, but you kinda do this a lot, and I know you're just trying to help and that's nice of you, but think about it.  Spawn plus tub, this guy is probably like almost two months into this grow.  How bad would it suck to toss a perfectly good tub, that is just slow due to spawn ratio?

my point exactly....

I think veda just likes to post sometimes, i dont know him, he may be cool, whatever, idk.
Nothing personal but thats what i mean, its hard to get a straight answer.

thanks guys for at least trying to help:thumbup:

thanks

--------------------

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#10449743 - 06/03/09 07:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
and thats why i said suggests mould.

I live in a flat that has dampness problems in the bedroom with lots of mould growing, i dont sleep in that room also. I know what moulds smell like. I also know what manure smells like. Ive been around farms plenty of times to know what aged manure smells like.

If i was certain that it was bad, i would say chuck it, anyone with half a brain cell would be erring on the side of caution rather than being fuck get it out get it out.

Post count means nothing, and people should realise that. theres alot more forums here than just mushroom cultivation, its easy to build up posts, posting crap in the other forums then frequent here.

Theres plenty of other noobs that post bad advice, yet just because im around alot and have a high post count, and post beyond my physical experience i get slated for it.

A simple, sorry but your mistaken its actually such and such.

Im sorry that i havnt been able to gain the actually physical experience, but its been impossible and only now and its going to be short i can cutlivate on my own.

Now i have to ask you, does your poo still smell like dirt when almost fully colinised? maybe the OP estimate of colinisation isnt acutally 95% and is much lower? it really doesnt make sense that it will still smell like dirt, then all of a suden, earthy mushroom.

no, by earthy i meant aged manure or dirt, aged manure smells like dirt to me.
you are right, at 95% it should smell like mushies and it doesnt but shows no green or sign of contam and my spawn was clean looking also, i dont get it.

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10449768 - 06/03/09 07:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

ah right, thats where the confusion is then.

it is odd, just wait it out.

--------------------

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

#10449781 - 06/03/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Good luck man.  Time may heal this one.  Sounds like it's possible that your third flush clone just lost a little vigor.  I've heard of this happening also.  If trich is causing your dirt smell, you'll see green within the next day or 3.  Hope it all works out.  Oh and Veda, I'm really not trying to be a dick although sometimes I'm a bit direct.  You always try to be really helpful and that's way cool of you.  I just see it as kinda like guessing what's wrong when someone's car is acting up.  If you don't know for sure, and they follow your advice, thinking that you know for sure, well they could end up wasting a lot of time and money, or messing things up more.  That's all.  Peace man.  :sun:

--------------------
Infea said:

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#10450229 - 06/03/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thanks to you both for your time, i will post back with the results:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinebrand0n
large jar mad man!!

#10450455 - 06/03/09 09:37 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

good luck man.

--------------------
That did it! I am now the anti BRF CAKE! I have had enough! TO HELL WITH BRF! REAL MEN USE SEED! Go now brf younging. Get some seed. COME BACK A MAN!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix