Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineani.o
Mrs. Captn' to you!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Citizen of the world
South Fl round 2!
    #10443937 - 06/02/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OK, think i found some more cyans (sure about 4).  Picked out all the ones i was sure are foes but the lonely caps i need some help with.  The stems being thicker and longer did not bruise although they were not manhandled..some showed slight darkening that could or could not be blue because it was a darker bruising than in the smaller ones.  Got pics with my REAL camera this time (although they aren't that great..sorry :frown: its not a professional cam)
Habitat:
Where does it grow? pasture, cow dung, directly
Gills:
Grey to charcoal

Stem:
thin

Cap:
conical 1-4 inches in diameter (i think don't have a ruler)

Spore print color:
in the works..will be black i assume since all are pans

Bruising:
bright to dark blue (varies from mushroom to mushroom)
Oh and the larger ones have now acquired a greyish bluish tone but were bone to off white when picked.

--------------------
So you..thought cha..might like..to go to the Show....To feel that warm thrill of confusion that ...space cadet glow..Tell me, is something eluding you, Sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?  If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

I do not condone illegal activity..i'm just practicing for my internet acting class! :evil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
Re: South Fl round 2! [Re: ani.o]
    #10443993 - 06/02/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

kind of looks active... but honestly not sure at all

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

Offlineani.o
Mrs. Captn' to you!
Female User Gallery

Re: South Fl round 2! [Re: psychedelicSLUG]
    #10444027 - 06/02/09 08:15 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I know man..those pesky bigger ones have me really confused.  I mean, im SURE they are Not antillarums because of gill color/cap thickness and coloration (it's thinner on the friends fatter on the foes right?) .  Only thing is, the bigger ones bruise darker than the small ones on the cap and the stems didn't seem to get much color although after rubbing them A LOT ( i know..tisk tisk :/) they did turn somewhat darker.  Will wait for a TI tho

--------------------
So you..thought cha..might like..to go to the Show....To feel that warm thrill of confusion that ...space cadet glow..Tell me, is something eluding you, Sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?  If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

I do not condone illegal activity..i'm just practicing for my internet acting class! :evil:

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
    #10444042 - 06/02/09 08:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ani.o said:
I know man..those pesky bigger ones have me really confused.  I mean, im SURE they are Not antillarums because of gill color/cap thickness and coloration (it's thinner on the friends fatter on the foes right?) .  Only thing is, the bigger ones bruise darker than the small ones on the cap and the stems didn't seem to get much color although after rubbing them A LOT ( i know..tisk tisk :/) they did turn somewhat darker.  Will wait for a TI tho

Quote:

ani.o said:

yea deff... hopefully they will bring some good news!

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #10446309 - 06/03/09 07:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The 2nd picture looks like all Pan Cyans:thumbup:.

Take a picture on bright white paper next time outside (with natural light) - it should make it easier for us to tell.

Invisiblepanaeolus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: º¶¥–¢¶
Re: South Fl round 2! [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #10446377 - 06/03/09 08:18 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

there's definitely a few active Panaeolus fruits there. you should snap some more photos, and wait for a trusted identifier.  nice finds

--------------------
øª¶•†ƒ¨√©µƒ∂´

Offlineshroomgatherer
Male User Gallery

#10446394 - 06/03/09 08:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Pan Cyans will always have the skinniest stipes and will bruise blue fast. 

Edit:  the 3rd one from the left in the 2nd picture looks like a Panaeolus Antillarum - it has the thicker stipe.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #10446408 - 06/03/09 08:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You beat me to it. The small, short and thick one with the light, non-bruised cap is Pan. antillarium. The rest look :thumbup:

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Invisiblepanaeolus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: South Fl round 2! [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10446458 - 06/03/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

not all Pan Cyanescens have thin stipes. I'v found some beefy ones before.

these are from this morning, and have pretty thick stipes that bruise heavily.

Offlineshroomgatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: South Fl round 2! [Re: panaeolus]
    #10446488 - 06/03/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Those are the thickest stipes I've ever seen on Pan Cyans:eek:.
If those are Pan Cyans they were probably going to grow huge.:thumbup:
On the ones I find, the stipes are skinny and when they are dried out they are super skinny and turn purple/black.

Nice active panaeolus for sure!

--------------------
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."

Invisiblepanaeolus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10446508 - 06/03/09 09:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, I'm not positive any blueing Panaeolus I found is Cyanescens. There's other types of active blueing Pans, especially in South Florida.

I'm about to send out a few samples for Workman to examine. I might see if he can identify a sample from those Gyms I found this morning also.

--------------------
øª¶•†ƒ¨√©µƒ∂´

Offlineani.o
Mrs. Captn' to you!
Female User Gallery

Re: South Fl round 2! [Re: panaeolus]
    #10448342 - 06/03/09 03:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for that info paneolus!  That's something i'll have to look into being in the Fl area myself :laugh: that way I can keep an eye for other types of pans (i've left quite a few behind before that didn't quite look like cyans OR antillarum).  Oh, and by the way, thanks all for the I.D.'s you were right on the money with the 4 small ones..the others i ended up tossing because I came to terms with the fact i was persuading myself into seeing blue that wasnt there hehe..Anyway, they were pretty potent little buggers being as me and bf each had 2 (cyan smoothie mmm:crazy2:) and i could definetly feel "something" when with other shrooms that dosage would've probably done zilch.  I'm going to have to find another field being as yesterday the cows chased us out (and a Huuuge bull) and after that some guy passed by in a truck and told us to get out (not his field, guess maybe he knew the owner or was trying to give us a tip? idk..lol).  Now I'm going to look into asking for permission..there's something about sneaking up on these farmers that makes me shaky :eek:..although asking for permission kind of scares me too guess its the lesser evil..might make a few farmer friends :mushroom2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds