Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Do Anti-Abortion Terrorists....
    #10445988 - 06/03/09 06:41 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

.... fire-bomb and murder those cats that, for some reason or another, choose to swallow up their new-born kitties?

Of course not. Its viewed as a natural aspect of life. Although I'm not sure why these cats will do this, it seems that it doesn't always have to do with a rumble in the tummy but more so that the cat simply isn't interested or does not feel like the conditions are right for raising the kittens at the time, quite possibly.

I mean, it isn't as though cats have birth control, eh, and swallowing the kitten by the head is no different than killing a rat or a bird. Life begins, life ends.

While, IMO, it is always best to prevent unwanted pregnancies from occurring in the first place, and because having an abortion can put a lot of stress on a person physically and mentally that is usually less preferable than prevention, sometimes circumstances work around prevention and sometimes things change in a person's environment, and there obviously is no justifiable reason that, if in the end, a person chooses to forego raising a child at the time, people should be upset or otherwise feel it wrong to have an abortion. Of course, its their freedom to do so, but it is simply silly and ill-founded. :lol:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: Do Anti-Abortion Terrorists.... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #10446180 - 06/03/09 08:46 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"..and there obviously is no justifiable reason that, if in the end, a person chooses to forego raising a child at the time, people should be upset or otherwise feel it wrong to have an abortion. Of course, its their freedom to do so, but it is simply silly and ill-founded."-

The defense of abortion-terrorists is "Divine Inspiration", it's difficult to argue against: "God told me to do it and promised me a place in Heaven., so I don't care what you do to me, I am righteous in the eyes of God." 

For all I know that claim may be correct and suicide bombers and plotters do receive their expectations.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Do Anti-Abortion Terrorists.... [Re: Booby]
    #10446283 - 06/03/09 09:39 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You know, there's certain groups, like PETA, the british nazi party (whose leader, Nick Griffin, has attended parties hosted by queen elizabeth), and anti-abortion murderers do nothing but hinder their cause.

Peta is so over the top with their beliefs, and hypocrisy, that the rest of the animal welfare movement is given a bad name because of them.

The BNP gets more media attention than it deserves, thanks to it's racist attacks on ethnic minorities. The UK independance party has been associated with the BNP by the media, claiming that wanting independance from Europe (and claiming our country back and governing ourselves, ohh, 1776 anyone?) is racist.

Murdering abortion practitioners gives the pro life, pro adoption movement a bad name.

I know it's a woman's right to choose if they want to kill their unborn child. Sadly, not enough is mentioned about how many couples are desperate to adopt, and would pay money to take an unwanted child. Pregnancy has it's difficulties, and in some cases is fatal, but abortion is not an easy surgery either.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#10446353 - 06/03/09 10:10 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Booby said:
The defense of abortion-terrorists is "Divine Inspiration", it's difficult to argue against: "God told me to do it and promised me a place in Heaven., so I don't care what you do to me, I am righteous in the eyes of God." 

For all I know that claim may be correct and suicide bombers and plotters do receive their expectations.

You quoted me regarding choosing to be upset or otherwise feel it wrong to have an abortion. I wasn't speaking about a justifiable reason for the terrorist act itself. I have no problems discussing that, but I put the focus on the emotional rejection of abortion because what you're talking about is a more complex, psychological matter that has its roots in how one chooses to regard abortion. In short, one doesn't begin to act against something unless one has a dissatisfaction with that something.

Here's my argument against what you're speaking about, though. "Divine inspiration" is a subjective experience affecting one person, but the terrorist act is one in which the person chooses to bring consequences upon others. Whether or not the act itself, regardless of one's motivation (divinely inspired or not), is justified is determined by examining the nature of the circumstance - the people involved, what was occurring, the act itself and its consequences. This means we're dealing with information that results from our observations, information that can be verified to some extent consensually, through our accumulated understanding and abilities of reason.

Whether or not it is justified is something that isn't simply a matter of the actor's personal motivations, since the act affects others. IMO, the act isn't justified, with what I was putting forth in the op pointing towards some of the stuff that influences that opinion. I find that their personal motivations are irrelevant. More than likely, I would assume that they are simply delusional people that have a complex psychological issue. Or, I would put forth that the divine that is inspiring their actions, if that is actually occurring, is of a limited capacity of both discerning the nature of the matter and of settling upon the most effective course of action for bringing forth retribution.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #10446950 - 06/03/09 01:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
.... fire-bomb and murder those cats that, for some reason or another, choose to swallow up their new-born kitties?

Of course not. The answer is, the same tards mentioned above think that other animals don't have souls, as opposed to humans, therefore there's no soul that's wandering around in confusion. :tardhi:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Do Anti-Abortion Terrorists.... [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #10446977 - 06/03/09 01:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
Sadly, not enough is mentioned about how many couples are desperate to adopt, and would pay money to take an unwanted child. Pregnancy has it's difficulties, and in some cases is fatal, but abortion is not an easy surgery either.

So what are you suggesting, that the woman should keep the pregnancy and then give the baby to adoption?
Perhaps you're forgetting that some people don't want to have a baby not because they don't like the idea, but because in that moment they don't have the right means to financially support them the way a child needs. In this case, the emotional implications could be devastating, especially for the people who, in other situations, would really want to have a child, and carrying a pregnancy for nine months and then simply giving the child away would be heartbreaking.

It's easy to say suggest an idea like yours, in theory, but this doesn't mean that in real life you can really organize people's lives like this.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Do Anti-Abortion Terrorists.... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10447158 - 06/03/09 02:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Adoption begins the super-hero plot. Always!

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #10447654 - 06/03/09 03:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"..I put the focus on the emotional rejection of abortion.."  ..as silly and illfounded;
I think religion is often an emotional state that is difficult to argue with.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#10447872 - 06/03/09 04:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Booby said:
I think religion is often an emotional state that is difficult to argue with.

To argue in the sense of not being able to bring those who think in that manner to see what you're saying, or that it is difficult to argue against the manner of thinking itself on an ideological level, due to its own characteristics?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #10448088 - 06/03/09 04:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It is difficult to argue against the manner of thinking of rock throwers, for example,  without resorting to the same tactic.

That an emotionally laden person would resort to rock throwing, as an example of their ideological level, is difficult to argue with without resorting to the same tactic.

One could surmize therefor that it is the violence that is silly and unfounded, not the emotion.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#10452239 - 06/04/09 07:46 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I don't see how the fact that someone with an emotional complex would be difficult to debate with on how they feel about such an issue therefore brings the summary that their line of thinking and their emotional reactions to that line of thinking are not silly and unfounded. :shrug:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #10452664 - 06/04/09 10:56 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You brought me 1/2 way towards supporting your premise that "..there obviously is no justifiable reason that, if in the end, a person chooses to forego raising a child at the time, people should be upset or otherwise feel it wrong to have an abortion."

Can an emotional rejection be considered justifiable in the face of logic, that is, I believe, the item in disputation.

edit: Rephrase: Is emotional rejection justified in the presence of overwhelming logical arguments?

In other words: Are we not surrounded by assassins - emotionally triggered?

Edited by Booby (06/04/09 11:34 AM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #10455214 - 06/04/09 07:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

Of course not. Its viewed as a natural aspect of life. Although I'm not sure why these cats will do this, it seems that it doesn't always have to do with a rumble in the tummy but more so that the cat simply isn't interested or does not feel like the conditions are right for raising the kittens at the time, quite possibly.

I mean, it isn't as though cats have birth control, eh, and swallowing the kitten by the head is no different than killing a rat or a bird. Life begins, life ends.

While, IMO, it is always best to prevent unwanted pregnancies from occurring in the first place, and because having an abortion can put a lot of stress on a person physically and mentally that is usually less preferable than prevention, sometimes circumstances work around prevention and sometimes things change in a person's environment, and there obviously is no justifiable reason that, if in the end, a person chooses to forego raising a child at the time, people should be upset or otherwise feel it wrong to have an abortion. Of course, its their freedom to do so, but it is simply silly and ill-founded. :lol:

Anti-abortionist retards eat chicken eggs, and they don't see anything at all hypocritical about that! :flowstone:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Do Anti-Abortion Terrorists.... [Re: Poid]
    #10455424 - 06/04/09 07:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Do Anti-Abortion Terrorists.... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10455487 - 06/04/09 07:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

...they're morally against killing human embryos, but not morally against killing chicken embryos; this means that they are not 'pro-lifers', but instead are 'pro-human-lifers'.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #10455523 - 06/04/09 07:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

and so we classify them as madcap reactionary?

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10455534 - 06/04/09 07:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I've never heard the phrase 'madcap reactionary', what does it mean?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
    #10455539 - 06/04/09 07:53 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
...they're morally against killing human embryos, but not morally against killing chicken embryos; this means that they are not 'pro-lifers', but instead are 'pro-human-lifers'.

duh.  I'm sure there are plenty of vegans out there who are pro-abortion too.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #10455577 - 06/04/09 07:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think the title basically affords them mentally handicapped status.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10455608 - 06/04/09 08:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mofo said:
Quote:

Poid said:

duh.  I'm sure there are plenty of vegans out there who are pro-abortion too.

I don't think anybody calls themself a 'pro-abortionist'; nobody is really for abortion, rather, they are against the notion that the government has some sort of right to prohibit a person from having an abortion.

Quote:

Booby said:
I think the title basically affords them mentally handicapped status.

Well, they sure are quite the flowstones! :flowstone:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order