Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMike_Einziger
Stranger
Secrecy
    #1044372 - 11/11/02 08:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey I'm extremely new to cultivating shrooms and all this, but I hope that sometime soon I'll get enough money to start up a mini shroom farm. But the main thing I was wondering is directed to those cultivators who are still living with their parents. I'm wondering what your stategies you use in order to secretly grow shrooms. i've come down to a couple options for myself and was wondering what you "experienced" shroom growers thought would be best. I've come down to either growing the shrooms outdoors, in my attic, at an abandoned warehouse, or my friends house(his mom doesn't really care) but Im not sure if he'll gank some for his own pleasure. Anyway, I was mainly just wondering what other methods of secrecy other growers use.
Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Secrecy [Re: Mike_Einziger]
    #1044380 - 11/11/02 08:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Do it at your friends house, and damn let him have some you selfish bastard, he is letting you cultivate mushrooms in his house, if I was your friend, I'd take half of what you grew just for letting you use my house. All your other options (besides outdoors, and unless you live in south florida, you'll have to wait till next spring) sound either too difficult or too risky.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisiblePsilosKube
I'm eat todd did

Loc: In bed with your woman
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Mike_Einziger]
    #1044430 - 11/11/02 08:58 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
PK

All information and images posted by myself are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I accept no responsibility for inapropriate or Illegal use of this information.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Secrecy [Re: PsilosKube]
    #1044514 - 11/11/02 09:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Here's a plan:

get a syringe, when your parents are out sterilize some jars and then innoculate them then incubate this is all stealth. Get some yogurt that comes in containers that are not see-through but have see-through lids. Crumble a cake in the container (wet verm on the bottom) put a little verm on top, and then close the container. If any light at all can come through the container's sides, thats bad so place tin foil inside it before you put the cakes in. Now, your see-through lid (as long as any tiny amount of light can come through) will be just righ to make the mushies go straight up. If they grow up really big, that's fine cause they will hit the lid and twist back downwards. And humidity will be fine with the verm in there. Open it for air exchange a little here and there, and if you want, spray the inside walls and lid so that there is some moisture in there. I got one of theses goin on and it just popped up one little fruit today, so we'll see what happens. I think it's good and stealthy.

Offlinebugabuga420
bUgAbUgaBOO

Re: Secrecy [Re: PsilosKube]
    #1044515 - 11/11/02 09:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I can see it now. "So honey how was school?"
"fine mom"
"but you know what mom i feel as if there is something missing in my life"
"i think im gonna start growing edible mushrooms"

OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #1044537 - 11/11/02 09:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Keep in mind that if by some odd chance you get caught, your parents get in trouble, not just you, and may lose there house or something.

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

Invisibletipz
Stranger
Re: Secrecy *DELETED* [Re: StS]
    #1045616 - 11/12/02 07:46 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by tipz

Offlinesuzie_girl
journeyman
Loc: The Proud and Ignorant So...
Re: Secrecy [Re: tipz]
    #1045796 - 11/12/02 11:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineEatAbortstoo
    #1045845 - 11/12/02 11:33 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well i have the same problem i live with mother, who is god bless her, stupid, I built my own water bed frame, and head board, it is slam full of secret compartments for stashing pot, and all that stuff, inside my headboard there is a comartment just big enuff for a ten gallon tank and one incadescent bulb, and 6 one qaurt hippie jars, i drilled a hole in the compartment in the back of the headboard for an extinsoin coard and there is an outlet behind there too so its cool, i just act like its the cord for my alarm clock, well i have a constant supply of shrooms using hippie, and pf fruiting chamber at the same time, just get creative. Make yurself an outdoor pach in the spring and play stupid (wont be playing for alot of you haha)

OfflineLilMerlin
Life magicapprentice
Loc: Europe.
    #1045900 - 11/12/02 12:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Grow tampanensis... the syringe costs quite a lot, but you can keep the jars closed somwhere in a cupboard and leave them there for two-three months.

You won't get fruits (mushrooms), but you'll get sclerotia (compact mycelium) growing in your jars. You don't have anything to do, just leave the quart jar colonise for a few months.

That should be the most secure-secretive method, although it's a longer to see results.

Have a look on "sclerotia" "tampanensis" and you should find some easy method in the pics or cultivation forums. Basically, it's quart jars with any type of grain (grass seed preferred) pressure cooked with the right amount of water (of course), innoculated with syringe or spore print.

When you are ready to open your jars to get out the sclerotia, you should make a "grain transfer". It means that you are going to put some (a spoonful) of the mycelium to another pressure cooked quart jar with any type of grain (shake it bad!), so that the latter quart jar can colonise and yield sclerotia after another two three months. And over and over again so that you always have some sclerotia coming. All that in quart jars hidden somewhere in the back of a cupboard, in a box or covered with clothes, or whatever.

LilMerlin.

Note: For this method, you absolutely need a pressure cooker to sterilise your grain (substrate).

--------------------
"Five grams in silent darkness." T. McKenna
Why take more? Take different!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation