Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRedBeerd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty south....
Custom GH Advice
    #10433933 - 06/01/09 05:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

How's it going guys?

So I've built a GreenHouse out of PVC and 3 mil clear plastic sheeting to fit the exact space I've got for it...

****PICS****

It's basic dimensions are 5' X 3', 16" deep... Wide and short style...
It's got one shelf layer midway, and grills laid on top of the pvc to create the bottom 'shelf' and a 3/4" cavity.
I filled the cavity with 1/2" (one bag) of perlite.
It has two 'coolmist' type humidifiers sitting on the bottom shelf.
It's fully covered in the sheeting.

Okay, I'll get pics up tomorrow... it's ridiculous o'clock and I don't know where my GFs camera is..

My problems:
  Just having one of the humidifiers wasn't quite cutting it... I Could mist like a shotgun and maintain 95+% RH, but that sucked.
  So I threw the other one in there (they came in a two pack like 3 years ago).
  Now my problem is that these two beasts are REALLY heating up the GH..

I Also think I could be getting more FAE... just a hunch...
I know people tend to unzip their martha's, cut slits here and leave gaps there... But mine's still mostly closed... Cut some slits in it or something?

Thanks for any help guys... and again, I'll have the pics up this afternoon....

~Red :strokebeard:

--------------------

Edited by RedBeerd (06/01/09 08:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFungiFractals
Sacred Geometry
Male User Gallery

Re: Custom GH Advice [Re: RedBeerd]
    #10434046 - 06/01/09 07:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It would be nice to have some pictures, but good luck. i know with our greenhouse we assembled we had put our humidifiers on the bottom and it turned into a mess the floor would get cotam on it and presumably float up into our tubs and kill our future flushes. secondly our fresh air flow was probably not as good as it should have been. this is why we are planning on modifying the humidifiers so they sit above the entire green house and hoses connect to the top and push heat in and down. while also pumping in fresh air. food for thought.

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

Re: Custom GH Advice [Re: FungiFractals]
    #10434340 - 06/01/09 09:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

idea?

--------------------
Infea said:
You ever seen that movie Constantine.  Well they pass into hell several times.  In hell there are melting human bodies, in your tub are melting mushroom bodies.  Your tub had passed into mushroom hell.

InvisibleRedBeerd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Custom GH Advice [Re: Stealthgrower]
    #10437806 - 06/01/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, I went ahead and put some pics up...

Yeah, I was getting worried I'd have to McGgyver some kind of piped system for my humi....  But I swear Ive heard of guys just setting their Humis right inside their Martha's and whatnot?

Also, I'm still wondering if the right holes/slits in my GH could provide the FAE and heat dissipation to run both humidifiers... Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks guys

--------------------

Offlinekrygods
Tripper

#10437880 - 06/01/09 09:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i think it would be best to modify the humidifiers and if you don't have any type of opening in the plastic there is probably little if no air exchange.... IMO

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

#10438462 - 06/01/09 10:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stealthgrower said:
idea?

Did you even consider my drawing?  The humi pumps in humidified FAE, what more do you need?  At least try it.  The only thing you might need is an ultrasonic fogging it every now and then.  I'm pretty sure my plan satisfies the equation.

--------------------
Infea said:
You ever seen that movie Constantine.  Well they pass into hell several times.  In hell there are melting human bodies, in your tub are melting mushroom bodies.  Your tub had passed into mushroom hell.

InvisibleRedBeerd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10439225 - 06/02/09 01:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure it would work fine, it's just not exactly a quick fix based on the design of the humidifiers and the dimensions (not to mention aesthetics) of the grow space.

I'm mostly waiting for someone to chime in saying they've had a similar problem or something, here is what they did to fix it...  I still appreciate it though

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #10440071 - 06/02/09 07:56 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Are those wicking type humidifiers with a wet filter in them?  If so, they won't get you over 70%.  You want impeller type coolmists, which you can set right inside like you have.  In a GH that size, one is all you need.  I used to run two, but only ran them for one minute on, six minutes off to keep it at 99%.  Cut lots of holes and slits in the plastic for fresh air.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleRedBeerd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10440097 - 06/02/09 08:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm, yeah they are the wicking type... darn.. I had it into 98+ with both of them in there, but again with no slits or anything... Thanks though, I was just composing a "ooo RR's on, I should bump my thread" post.. hehe

I'll try just slicing and dicing on my sheeting and running them both again... Man, it's gonna get hot here today anyway though... :frown:

Edit: With the correct type of coolmist though, you think I'd otherwise be on track to having a useful GH?

--------------------

Edited by RedBeerd (06/02/09 08:05 AM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #10440111 - 06/02/09 08:08 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yup.  Looks nice.  Cut those holes though.  You need fresh air and lots of it.  In the meantime, mist a lot.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10440127 - 06/02/09 08:13 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I had a setup very similar to yours a few years back and what I did was to put the coolmist on the top shelf with a hole cut in the plastic form fitted to the intake tfor the coolmist. That way the coolmist could suck fresh air in. I cannot see how the intake is set up on those humidifiers, but it could be worth a try.  I know that it will not help your heating problem much, but it will give you plenty of fae.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleRedBeerd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Custom GH Advice [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10440148 - 06/02/09 08:21 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the advice and reassurance... I just went to town on it with my pocketknife... Putting it through a test run now.  I'll likely end up taking the second one out and misting again like you said, until I get the gumption to buy a regular coolmist.
Thanks again and my best to Mrs. rabbit and your projects.

Oh, george yeah man, that's kinda what the other guy was saying, I may try it... the intake is located on the side of the coolmists that are facing eachother in the pictures.  Exhaust is actually pretty small and is on the top of the opposite side... hmm.. Thanks for the input, I'll be tinkering this morning.

~Red

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Custom GH Advice [Re: george castanza]
    #10440342 - 06/02/09 09:22 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:
I had a setup very similar to yours a few years back and what I did was to put the coolmist on the top shelf with a hole cut in the plastic form fitted to the intake tfor the coolmist. That way the coolmist could suck fresh air in. I cannot see how the intake is set up on those humidifiers, but it could be worth a try.  I know that it will not help your heating problem much, but it will give you plenty of fae.

humidifiers do not provide FAE they humidify. FAE needs to cause evaporation of moisture from your substrate, its not just about getting rid of still stail air and removing co2. humidified air for fresh air wont cause the nessesariy evaporation.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

Re: Custom GH Advice [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10442779 - 06/02/09 05:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Quote:

george castanza said:

humidifiers do not provide FAE they humidify. FAE needs to cause evaporation of moisture from your substrate, its not just about getting rid of still stail air and removing co2. humidified air for fresh air wont cause the nessesariy evaporation.

Bad advice.  Why don't you tell that to hippiechick and all the other GH users who get pounds of mush from their setup using a humidifier that pumps in fresh air?  a couple slits in the plastic is plenty.

--------------------
Infea said:

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Custom GH Advice [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10442788 - 06/02/09 05:05 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Quote:

george castanza said:

Well why don't you tell us about your gh grow...

Any air that is not already in your grow is fresh air, hence the term fresh air exchange(that means that you exchange fresh or new air for the stale or old air).  Evaporation, is just that, evaporation.  Humidity fluctuation is what causes the sub to dry and the pins to form.  That can easily be achieved by putting your humidifiers on a timer. Re-hydration is the act (or art) of getting that water back into your sub. 

Once again you have opened up your cock sucker and shit all over yourself. Get some experience under your belt or shut the fuck up.  You should stick to telling folks to make a shotgun or telling them to take the foil off of their jars.  I think that is really the only hands on experience that you have.

Why do you always take what I say out of context?  Simply put you are a douche bag sir.  You do not know what you are talking about half the time and you just puke up some shit you read with no actual experience to back it up.  Hell it is not my fault your girlfriend kicked your lame ass out. Go get a fuckn' job.  Ease up and take a chill pill.

:homo:

No hard feelings shroom brother. :wink:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

#10442862 - 06/02/09 05:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:
Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Quote:

george castanza said:

Well why don't you tell us about your gh grow...

Any air that is not already in your grow is fresh air, hence the term fresh air exchange(that means that you exchange fresh or new air for the stale or old air).  Evaporation, is just that, evaporation.  Humidity fluctuation is what causes the sub to dry and the pins to form.  That can easily be achieved by putting your humidifiers on a timer. Re-hydration is the act (or art) of getting that water back into your sub. 

Once again you have opened up your cock sucker and shit all over yourself. Get some experience under your belt or shut the fuck up.  You should stick to telling folks to make a shotgun or telling them to take the foil off of their jars.  I think that is really the only hands on experience that you have.

Why do you always take what I say out of context?  Simply put you are a douche bag sir.  You do not know what you are talking about half the time and you just puke up some shit you read with no actual experience to back it up.  Hell it is not my fault your girlfriend kicked your lame ass out. Go get a fuckn' job.  Ease up and take a chill pill.

:homo:

No hard feelings shroom brother. :wink:

I'm glad somebody said it.  I held my tongue because I was starting to feel like the resident asshole around here slamming noobs and I figured I'd chill out some, but as you can see from this post I made yesterday, the feeling is mutual.
Quote:

Stealthgrower said:
Good looking out guys, and I also want to give props where props is due to kinderfield.  Thanks for trying to be as helpful as possible while making sure to let people know your experience level on the matter at hand.  It's always nice when someone says, 'so I've heard' or 'I've never tried it myself, but a popular method is'.  There are too many people on this board who just recycle shit that other people say and while what they say has some truth, sometimes it just doesn't apply to the specific matter at hand and it ends up being more hurtful advice than helpful.  I wanna drop some names here, but you all know who you are.  You suck the balls of T.C.s on the board without ever actually getting your feet wet, and you're the first one to chime in on a cultivation issue just to raise your post count even though your experience doesn't back what you say.  And worst of all, you do it without a disclaimer, and say it like it was your own idea.  +5 shrooms for kinder.  We need more like you brother.  Peace.

--------------------
Infea said:

Offlineozzysmygod
Late Night PC'ing Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#10442883 - 06/02/09 05:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:

I would have to agree on this one, and maybe stop telling people to stop shopping at the 'evil' walmart. You live in the UK, and I doubt you would be telling people to not shop there had you not seen RR's hate towards the company, basically in fewer words stop sucking RR's furry rabbit dick

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

Re: Custom GH Advice [Re: ozzysmygod]
    #10442955 - 06/02/09 05:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ozzysmygod said:
Quote:

george castanza said:

I would have to agree on this one, and maybe stop telling people to stop shopping at the 'evil' walmart. You live in the UK, and I doubt you would be telling people to not shop there had you not seen RR's hate towards the company, basically in fewer words stop sucking RR's furry rabbit dick

^^^exactly the TC I was referring too in my post!!!!  LOL.  Since we're here, might as well put it all out in the open.

--------------------
Infea said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate