Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

First Psilocybin Trip
    #1041500 - 11/10/02 05:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I ingested around 2 grams of dry psilocybe cubensis material (Ecuadorian variety). I really don't know the exact weight, and in fact I could be way off. I started the night off by eating the material with a glass of OJ, and turning on the movie Scooby Doo, which I had never seen previously.

About thirty minutes in, I started to feel the first effects; a nice body buzz. This quickly escalated until it was hard to concentrate on the movie, and quite frankly difficult to watch the whole thing (it wasn't a very good movie), but I forced myself through it. After it was over, I went on my computer and started talking with people on IRC, this is when the first hallucinations started (1.5 hours in).

When I looked at the carpet, it started to swirl and move, and the longer I concentrated on it, the more intense the visuals got. Some of the more notable things I saw were Greek looking sculptures, that quickly turned into Mayan looking structures. Those didn't last very long, however they were probably the most interesting things to me. They made me think of this one question, however: Would I be seeing Mayan and Greek type sculptures if I wasn't aware of the Mayans or Greeks? Or was it because I was aware of them that they were coming forth in my reality?

Next what I saw amazed me a little bit. First, my whole carpet was covered in eyes, they got smaller and smaller until they were billions upon billions riding on my carpet. They all flowed through a system of 'veins' like blood cells in the body. This covered my entire carpet, and it made it seem as though the whole thing was working together to achieve a single goal (although I don't know what that was).

One last thing that I did, was to look into a mirror. This was an interesting experience. My face changed and contorted. I appeared to be a different person for a second, and then I appeared to be me with a different face, all in all, a very 'different' experience.

Through this entire time was a nice body buzz, and also something that surprised me was the fact that this intoxication felt so clean. It was a really nice experience, and not much happened after those hallucinations described above. There was very little change in thought pattern, which I was more or less expecting and hoping for. I think a larger dose would assure this, though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: First Psilocybin Trip [Re: ]
    #1041504 - 11/10/02 05:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome. Mirrors are funny things aren't they?

--------------------

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: First Psilocybin Trip [Re: Revelation]
    #1041613 - 11/10/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Would I be seeing Mayan and Greek type sculptures if I wasn't aware of the Mayans or Greeks?

i figured that these are the type of images the mushrooms create. the mayans/aztecs etc did not create these images. they ingested mushrooms and drew what they saw.
when we see them we attribute them to the mayans, not the mushrooms.

if i am completely wrong on this, someone please tell me :smile:

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Re: First Psilocybin Trip [Re: mikey_]
    #1041623 - 11/10/02 06:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hey. That's a really interesting idea. I've never thought about that.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: First Psilocybin Trip [Re: mikey_]
    #1041687 - 11/10/02 07:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, that was the other side of the argument. I thought of that too, and its extreamly intriguing.

I dont know if we will ever know for sure, however.

OfflineBulletoothTony
crazy mofo whenplaying with hisAK
Re: First Psilocybin Trip [Re: ]
    #1042566 - 11/11/02 03:56 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I can relate to your experience with the carpet. One time on a gel tab or two my friend and I were afraid to get off his bed because the carpet looked like it was bleeding everywhere ( the carpet is a beige color) . This startled to the point that we believed we would fall into a blood sea or something if we left his bed. Our only comfort is that we somehow knew or thought that the bed (our boat) wouldnt sink ;p

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: First Psilocybin Trip [Re: BulletoothTony]
    #1043852 - 11/11/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Next time you trip, try doing something a little more constructive than watching Scoobee Doo or chatting on the computer. Walk around in nature, talk to people (real time, not on the comp), or just let the mushrooms tell you what to do. Don't stick to your routine, and, trust me, it will be a lot more fun!

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: First Psilocybin Trip [Re: Meph]
    #1043872 - 11/11/02 02:56 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with Meph.

Try tripping in solatude, look into a mirrior while tripping and ask yourself questions. Write down what you feel, be creative and express your deepest feelings. There is no better time to do those things.

The only movies I'd watch while tripping would be something like fantasia or Waking life.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: First Psilocybin Trip [Re: Murex]
    #1043897 - 11/11/02 03:04 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have a hard time writing down ideas while tripping. When I read it the next day it's just a bunch of random words and ideas that I thought were so profound... I have an index card covered with things like "Shamanism!! Tool!!" blah blah blah... wherever popped into my head at the time. I've also seen the eyeballs all over everything before, and when I'm coming down in the "calm after the storm" so to speak I see little elvish looking faces everywhere...

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: First Psilocybin Trip [Re: Llamanose]
    #1043922 - 11/11/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've noticed my features become more femanine or elvish. Very strange.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#1043940 - 11/11/02 03:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

One weird phenomena that almost ALWAYS happens to me (and 90% of the time in the bathroom) is that I'll start staring at something for a really long time and just spacing out (the carpet, bathroom wall, floor, anything really) and after a little while i see these purple veins everywhere that look like there is purple glitter flowing inside them.  :shocked:  They look really tiny, the first time it happened I thought I might be seeing the veins in my retina or something (don't know how it's possible, but that's how it seemed).

It's not bad, but the shitty part is once is happens they stick the rest of the night!  Everywhere I look there are little purple glittery lines that wont go away...  And they only appear if I really stare at one surface for a long time... they just kinda get burned into my mind or something...  :grin:

Everytime I trip I catch myself spacing out on the carpet and then it's "Dammit!  The veins have showed up for the night!"  Ah well...  :smirk: 

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

#1052897 - 11/14/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Try tripping in solatude, look into a mirrior while tripping and ask yourself questions. Write down what you feel, be creative and express your deepest feelings. There is no better time to do those things.

Very wise words. When I look in the mirror, I begin to see all the images I associate with myself, shifting and morphing into each other. It's like looking at my ego. Once it's run it's course I can see myself as I really am. And then I think "Hey, if i'm not what I thought I was, then what am I, exactly?". It's a question that i'm still trying to find an answer to.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale