Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
projecting thoughts (artificial entities)
    #1040357 - 11/10/02 03:14 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"In addition to the nonhuman entities which are perceived by astral vision, or on the astral plane, there are found on the astral or on the earth plane, a great class of entities, or semi-entities, which Occultist know as "artificial entities."

These artificial entities were not born in the natural manner, nor created by the ordinary creative forces of nature. They are the creations of the minds of men, and are really a highly concentrated class of thought forms. They are not entities, in the strict sense of the term, having no life or vitality except that with they borrow, or have been given by their creators. The student of Occultism who has grasped the principle of the creation of thought-forms will readily grasp the nature, power, and limitations of this class of dwellers.

The majority of these artificial entities, or thought-forms, are created unconsciously by persons who manifest a strong desire-force, which is accompanied by definite mental pictures of that which they desire.
But many magicians have learned the art of creating them consciously , in an elementary form of magic, white or black.
Much of the effect of thought force, or mind-power, is due to the creation of these though-forms. Strong wishes for good, as well as strong curses for evil, tend to manifest form and a semblance of vitality in these artificial entities. These entities, however, are under the law of thought-attraction and go only where they are attracted. Moreover, they may be neutralized and even destroyed by a positive thought properly directed.

Another and quite large class of these artificial astral entities, consist of thought-forms of supernatural beings, sent out by the strong mental pictures of the persons creating them, the creator usually being unconscious of his results. For instance, a strongly religious mother, who prays for the protective influence of the angels around and about her children, frequently actually creates thought-forms of such angel guardians around her children. These are given a degree of life and mind vibrations from the soul of the mother. In this way, such guardian angels, so created, serve to protect the children and warn them from evil and against temptation.

Many a pious mother has accomplished more than she realized by her prayers and earnest good desires. The early fathers of the churches, Occidental or Oriental, were aware of this, and consequently bade their followers to use this form of prayer and thought. They did not explain the true unyielding reason behind such actions. Even after the mother has passed to the higher planes, her loving memory may serve to keep alive these thought-form entities, and thus serve to guard her loved ones.

In a similar way, many "family ghost" were created and kept in the same way. All by the constantly repeated tale and belief in their reality, on the part of generation after generation. In this class are the celebrated historical ghost who warn royal or noble families of approaching death or sorrow. The familiar family ghost, walking the walls of old castles on certain anniversaries, is usually found to belong to this class of thought-form entities.

Many haunted houses are explained int his manner. The ghost may be "laid" by anyone familiar with the laws of thought-forms. These artificial entities are of purely human creation, and obtain all their form and mind from the action of the thought-force of their creators. Repeated thought, and repeated belief, will serve to keep them alive and to strengthen these entities.

Many supernatural visitors, saints, and semi-divine being of all religions have been formed in this way. In many cases, they are kept in being by faith of the devotes of the church. In many temples in the oriental countries, there have been created and kept alive for many centuries the thought-form entities of the minor gods and saints. These are endowed by thought with great powers of response to prayer. Those accepting the belief in these powers are brought into harmony with the vibrations and are affected by them for good or evil.

The power of the devils of savage races (devil-worshipers) arise in the same way. Even in the early history of the western religions, we find many references to the appearances of the Devil, and of his evil work. Witchcraft, and diabolical presences, are all created thought-form entities. Many of the effects of sorcery and black-magic are produced in this way. It is the element of belief , of course , which adds to the effect. The Voodoo practices of Africa, and later of Martinique, and the Kahuna practices of Hawaii, are based on these same principles. The effect of "charms" depends on these same laws.

Even certain forms of the "Spirits" in certain forms of Spiritualistic seances arise from this principle. An understanding of this principle will aid in the interpretation of many phases of Psychic phenomena. "

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: projecting thoughts (artificial entities) [Re: Monkah]
    #1040360 - 11/10/02 03:17 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think Tool's music is an "artificial entity."

I'm serious. They create their music in patterns similar to Nature itself.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Re: projecting thoughts (artificial entities) [Re: Adamist]
    #1040382 - 11/10/02 03:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i agree.
it is an entity.
but i disagree on artificial
they still have yet one more cd to make an they should be complete for the mass's.
is nature artificial?

but at least more endearing than the pop songs about being "dirty"
dont get me wrong, not all pop music is artificial.
its not really the lyrics, or the music. but the intentions behind the media plays

someones gotta be dirty though!

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1040625 - 11/10/02 09:09 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Couldn't it be possible that humans are "artificial entities", or thoughts manifested from some alternate plane of existence? And how can one determine which entities are artificial and which are "real"?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1040627 - 11/10/02 09:11 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

they still have yet one more cd to make an they should be complete for the mass's

Re Tool

how exactly do you mean that Monkah? just curious.........

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Re: projecting thoughts (artificial entities) [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1043652 - 11/11/02 01:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

(imo) theyre next cd will form a complete whole.
their cds have always progressed
the latest cd, lateralus, was after a cd of digging through the dark (Aenima)
to find... the light

reflection being the last song on that cd.
its my opinion its not complete
completing a search. but theres always more than just searching.
although lateralus does cover some of the "knowing" of spirituality.

"for the mass's" by that i meant to say tools music is opening up wider and wider
to encompass a more whole spectrum of ideals that the listeners share.
it seems that through their discoveries and musical evolutions they have gained more respect from a wider aspect of humans.

just an opinion, bound to change.

this could even go along with my origonal post in this thread
about how thoughts project certain qualities to an image

in this case my thoughts on tool, make them my tool for myself.

imagine how someone who dislikes tool would project their thoughts to the music while listening. totaly disrupting the origonal intended quality.

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1043692 - 11/11/02 02:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for taking the time to clarify your meaning behind what i(imo) felt to be a statement that seemed to be somewhat obscure(to me).
      I'm just relatively new to Tool, Lateralus and Anemia being the only 2 of their CD's with with i have any familiarity  :laugh:

imagine how someone who dislikes tool would project their thoughts to the music while listening. totaly disrupting the origonal intended quality.

lol, yes, a receptive mind is a lot more conducive to true understanding(imo) than a closed one :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: projecting thoughts (artificial entities) [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1043792 - 11/11/02 02:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Opiate- Somewhat Angry sounding, but there is something else there, a questioning of reality maybe?

Undertow- Unplesant actions and experiences destroy the frail human mind- an Undertow into a void.

Aenima- The struggle within.

Lateralus- Breaking through and overcoming the darkness. Finding Peace.

(IMO)

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: projecting thoughts (artificial entities) [Re: Murex]
    #1043840 - 11/11/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Opiate- Somewhat Angry sounding, but there is something else there, a questioning of reality maybe?

Undertow- Unplesant actions and experiences destroy the frail human mind- an Undertow into a void.

Aenima- The struggle within.

Lateralus- Breaking through and overcoming the darkness. Finding Peace.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts/ideas/feelings and beliefs Re Tool Murex. As a Tool "newbie" i am always interested on hearing new perspectives.....even on "Anemia" i seem to detect some of the anger that you say exists on OPIATE....(title song, for instance)

i downloaded Undertow but i'm saving that for much L8er when i have exhausted all of the possibilities of Anemia and Lateralus.........that could be a LONG time though :wink:

It's funny though, if i were a teenager right now Tool is what i would be listening to.......yet i am MUCH(chronologically speaking) older than that now, and i STILL listen to  Tool......i see it/them in an entirely different light now than i would have in my angrey rebellious teens  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #1046389 - 11/12/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I know them as "artifical elements" and if you want to read about them get the book by Dion Fortune "Psychic Self Defense".

I've experienced these personally.

OfflineEarth Shaman
Earth Lover

#1047092 - 11/12/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps a scientific viewpoint on this might support what you're saying, Monkah. I've been practicing magick for years (hence the name "Earth Shaman"), and much of it can be explained by some science. Not to say that the meaning is any less diminished. Baraka's signature quote is extremely accurate here.
Consider for a moment particle/wave duality, as postulated by Einstein. Sub-atomic particles exist as both as a wave and a particle. As well, many waves (such as light waves) exist in this same fashion. The equation:
amplitude/wavelength=mass*velocity
is a statement of how these particle and wave states relate to each other. It was derived from the famous E=mc^2.
Thoughts, as many of us know, exist primarily as a wave (brainwaves). Also, these waves are able to radiate beyond the skull (basis for EEG).
If we were to find the wavelength, amplitude, and velocity of these waves (all easily done), we could determine the theoretical mass of the particle form for these thought waves.
But here's where things get interesting.
If our thought waves have a mass, that means that our thoughts have a very real physical manifestation. Everything we think, to some degree, is therefore real.
If everything we think is somehow real, we do indeed determine our own reality.
And thoughtform does, therefore, have physical ramifications.
By the way, I am also a HUGE fan of Tool.
Hope this helps to those reading the thread.

Walk in Beauty,
The Green Earth Shaman

--------------------
Walk in Beauty,
The Green Earth Shaman

"Whatever you take from Mother Earth, replace it, because nothing is for nothing."
-Native American Proverb

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: projecting thoughts (artificial entities) [Re: Earth Shaman]
    #1047169 - 11/12/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

But here's where things get interesting.
If our thought waves have a mass, that means that our thoughts have a very real physical manifestation. Everything we think, to some degree, is therefore real.
If everything we think is somehow real, we do indeed determine our own reality.
And thoughtform does, therefore, have physical ramifications.

That was an excellent post.........i sincerly hope that you will make yourself a regular presence on this particular message board :smile:

Freak

LOL then......so it counts as an EDIT even if i failed to accomplish what i was attempting to edit.......i had TRIED to put Earth Shaman's words into italics..... :grin:

--------------------

Edited by FreakQlibrium (11/12/02 05:07 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order