Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Bonnarooooooo!
    #10436581 - 06/01/09 05:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going this year.  I've never been to a festival before, and say what you will about Bonnaroo, I'm really looking forward it.  Me and my friends are bringing everything that you're supposed to and being organized about it, but I was wondering if you festival veterans had any advice to drop.  Ya know, something you wish you'd known before hand, or maybe just some suggestions for how to really do this thing right.  Whatever you have to say at all would be appreciated.  Sorry if there has already been a thread like this but I figure everybody will have different perspectives so another couldn't hurt.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLittleman

Re: Bonnarooooooo! [Re: g00ru]
    #10436671 - 06/01/09 05:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

take toilet paper

--------------------
"Well Right after the 4th hit he was so far gone he puked all over him self. He had no clue that he threw up on him self and was finger painting in it on his stomach."
- Mudnpool

NZ Psilocybe Hitlist:
Subaeruginosa-Weraroa-Semilanceata
-Subsecotioid - Angulospora - Tasmaniana - Alutacea

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Bonnarooooooo! [Re: Littleman]
    #10436677 - 06/01/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

shits gonna be so dope

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

InvisibleDug a Sprogie
eeeeee
Male

Loc: California
Re: Bonnarooooooo! [Re: tak]
    #10436707 - 06/01/09 05:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Take your drugs while waiting in line if youre going to be taking any. Dont smoke weed until nightime unless you have 100% chill vibes all around you. Have your schedule of what stages you want to watch if there are multiple and time your bathroom breaks wisely  :ganja:

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#10436760 - 06/01/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Drink plenty of water. Getting dehydrated can suck.
Bring TP.
If you are bringing anything into the festival ground in your car that you shouldn't, you should pack it first and pack it discreet.
No smoking pot on the way to the festival. It can wait for when you are in and set up.
Stay safe, stay smart, know your mind, know your chemical (if applicable), but most of all HAVE FUN!

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Bonnarooooooo! [Re: DNKYD]
    #10437025 - 06/01/09 06:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks guys.  More!

--------------------
check out my music!

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #10437483 - 06/01/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
I'm going this year.  I've never been to a festival before, and say what you will about Bonnaroo, I'm really looking forward it.  Me and my friends are bringing everything that you're supposed to and being organized about it, but I was wondering if you festival veterans had any advice to drop.  Ya know, something you wish you'd known before hand, or maybe just some suggestions for how to really do this thing right.  Whatever you have to say at all would be appreciated.  Sorry if there has already been a thread like this but I figure everybody will have different perspectives so another couldn't hurt.

Every time bonnaroo ends im counting down 365 till next year.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#10437592 - 06/01/09 08:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Flashlight/battery lantern
A flag/balloon for campsite ID is good, but not necessary if somebody around you has something memorable.

I used to carry a Camelbak and when I went into Centeroo I would have the only compartment on the bag open and ready for them to look inside. Of course my chillum was in the pocket next to that (which they never noticed), and my buds in my back pocket, shoe, or hidden well in the bag. If you have your shit ready for them to look at you will get through a lot faster and easier with less chance of getting your shit confiscated.

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #10437608 - 06/01/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

A flag/balloon for campsite ID is A FUCKING MUST.

FIXED.

EDIT:
Would have been better if he had said 4 flags with wolves on them.

Edited by Cubie (06/01/09 08:22 PM)

Offlineindigo_shades
psychosematic
Male

#10437643 - 06/01/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I so badly want to go to bonnaroo but between being short on cash and the fact the the only band i really want to see is Phish i dont think ima go.  I would really like to though!

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
    #10437755 - 06/01/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Flashlight/battery lantern
A flag/balloon for campsite ID is good, but not necessary if somebody around you has something memorable.

I used to carry a Camelbak and when I went into Centeroo I would have the only compartment on the bag open and ready for them to look inside. Of course my chillum was in the pocket next to that (which they never noticed), and my buds in my back pocket, shoe, or hidden well in the bag. If you have your shit ready for them to look at you will get through a lot faster and easier with less chance of getting your shit confiscated.

I heard that festie has a ton of cops and undercovers, etc. are you saying they check you before going into the main area(im assuming thats centeroo correct me if im wrong)

--------------------

OfflineFrost
Inside a locked room
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Bonnarooooooo! [Re: mockingbird]
    #10437873 - 06/01/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I would really like to find out what it is all about.
Sadly, it will not be this year.

Do it big for me, homey.

--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Bonnarooooooo! [Re: mockingbird]
    #10437906 - 06/01/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I never had a problem with undercovers in the 4 years I went from 2004-2007. Never had a problem with anybody there, really, except for a couple sluts that were too drugged for their own good at Radiohead.

Festival staff checks you before you go into Centeroo. Depending on who you get searching you they might be cool and just checking for glass bottles/chairs/etc, but if you get an asshole they will pat you down, look inside cig boxes, check bags.

Two years in a row there was this cool guy supervising one of the Centeroo entrances and he was announcing "If you don't want us to take it, get creative and hide it well. We don't want to ruin your weekend we just need to do our job."

OfflineJeffedelic
Fucked Up On Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Freedomland
    #10439122 - 06/02/09 12:35 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure you have a shade canopy, but if you don't make sure to get one.

Other than that bring extra chairs, toilet paper, a towel, and lots of cash. You will spend more money than you expect to so bring more cash than you think you'll need. Sunglasses and something to put over your head/neck is good too as this bonnaroo is going to be very hot. Hydrate very well in the mornings and don't drink too much before the sun goes down. Bring extra shoes (or at least flip flops) just in case of rain. Most importantly bring a smile because when you're at a festival there is absolutely no reason to have anything else.

Its all common sense stuff really but it happens. My first year I was strapped for cash and wasn't expecting the heat. Not being ready for that heat caused me to not hydrate well the first full day and that made the rest of the weekend harder.

Just be smart with it really. Listen to your body, if you think you need to rest then rest a little. There's nothing wrong with taking a quick nap near the stages.

--------------------

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world." -Lester Burnham

OfflineNymphaea
Money-less Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten Flag
Re: Bonnarooooooo! [Re: Jeffedelic]
    #10439215 - 06/02/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have a question bout undercovers at festivals, perhaps someone here knows something, perhaps not.  Do they usually pose as dealers and try to bust you buying or do they basically only bust dealers?  It SEEMS like they would be there more to bust the dealers, in which case I don't really have to worry about them, but IDK.

I can't wait for Rothbury!

--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:

Plant Trees

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Bonnarooooooo! [Re: Nymphaea]
    #10439237 - 06/02/09 01:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nymphaea said:
I have a question bout undercovers at festivals, perhaps someone here knows something, perhaps not.  Do they usually pose as dealers and try to bust you buying or do they basically only bust dealers?  It SEEMS like they would be there more to bust the dealers, in which case I don't really have to worry about them, but IDK.

I can't wait for Rothbury!

Yeah they're gunnin for the dealers for sure. My buddy who got popped at '06 is just now getting out of the pen this month.

Be careful yall.

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Bonnarooooooo! [Re: muistrue]
    #10439614 - 06/02/09 02:59 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Cool.  I'm so psyched.  I don't think I'm gonna go all out on drugs, maybe take some shrooms or acid once, maybe roll once, and just smoke the rest of the time.  And I'll get drunk as shit at Bruce Springsteen haha (he's all that's on during his time).

--------------------
check out my music!

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#10485606 - 06/10/09 11:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Tomorrow! AAAHHHH!

--------------------
check out my music!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag