Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsychedelia56
Stranger
 User Gallery

A gathering of friends in an alien world [Mushrooms]
    #10425372 - 05/30/09 01:52 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This trip was another very memorable trip for me, however at the same time I must say it was one of the strangest. I'll begin.

Substance: 1/8th of Magic Mushrooms (Psilocin)
Trippers: Myself, N, V, S, SP, M, T, NT, and A
Time frame: 14:30 - 04:00 on Friday May 29th, 2009

This trip was to be one of the most legendary of trips. It was my friends birthday and 1 month prior a bunch of his friends had decided that going out for a barbecue and shrooming would be a fantastic idea. Little did I know what was going to happen. The plan was to meet up on campus, and then head down to the park and start up the barbecue and eat the mushrooms. S had acquired 2 ounces, which was the perfect amount. Everyone got around 6 grams of fungus. I'll start off with meeting up.

14:30 - S called me and let me know he was coming to campus. I was just finishing a call on my job and then I would head over to the meeting spot.

14:45 - I arrived at the meeting spot with V and S. We chatted for a bit about NT coming along, since we all felt that he was going to bring bad vibes to the group and bring the party crashing down. However, after talking about it we decided it should be OK and that NT won't cause any major problems.

15:00 - We continued to wait around. S was waiting for a call back from his dealer to grab the shrooms, and V had went off to the basketball courts to play some b-ball.

15:30 - S' dealer calls and arranges to meet him. We start heading off to the basketball court to meet the others.

16:00 - We get to the basketball court and the majority of the trippers are here. I sat around and watched them play basketball for a while until S got the phone call and we were all here.

16:30 - S has acquired shrooms and pot, and has decided he needs to go home and shower. Everyone else groups up and decides to take off to get prepared for the journey. I head off with A and J and we go to a shoe store to pick up J some pants.

17:30 - Finally, we got the pants for J and were about to get things underway. Myself, A and J head back to campus to pick up another friend, M.

17:45 - We pick up M and decide it's time to head to our location. About time, I say.

18:00 - The four of us arrive at our spot. It's actually very nice here; lots of trees, a nice giant field, and places to sit around with a barbecue. It felt like we were camping, without camping.

19:00 - I'm just going to skip most of the setting up part because it's rather boring. Basically we just waited around until everyone showed up. At this point everyone was here, and the shrooms and food were underway.

19:30 - It took a while, but we evenly divided the shrooms among everyone and managed to get some food cooked. The steak was pretty good - N did a nice job cooking them. However as we were about to trip I abstained from eating much.

19:45 - Everyone consumed their dose. The trip has begun.

20:00 - We all sit around talking about what's going to happen, and then 4 more people arrive at the location. They were cool people actually, so they are welcomed. The trippers are busily talking about what is going to happen on this trip and what kinds of things we are going to see.

20:30 - Everyone really begins to feel the mushroom. Nobody reports any obscene visuals or anything crazy happening yet. Of course, that's to be expected. We all continue to wait as the next events unfold before our very eyes.

Also at this point T decided to join us. She had done some shrooms we grew at home around an hour before so that she would be tripping with us when she got here. Unfortunately, I didn't tell her the right place to go. I had explained to her that we were at a park but we were actually at a sports centre with a park. This threw her right off - I tried to get her to come over here, but little did I know she was at least a 2 hour walk away. This was when I grabbed JR (a designated driver) and we went and picked her up. She was freaking out at this point but felt a lot better when she got in the car. We headed back to join the rest of the group.

21:00 - Around now everyone is feeling the mushrooms and experiencing visuals. The amount everyone ate is completely unknown at this point; I had recommended to everyone to only take half (around 3 grams) of their dose, however I had noticed some people continued to eat them. I didn't know what effect this was going to have on the group, but it was interesting. SP was walking around very awkwardly; he's actually a very awkward looking person to begin with. If anyone in our group was to be called "The Foreign Kid", it's him. All I could really remember was how he would walk around constantly with his skinny arms packed awkwardly into his pockets. He was also muttering strange things all the time; he was quite incoherent. I assumed he took a rather large dose of shrooms for someone of his size. N, the birthday boy, had consumed more mushrooms and was beginning to lose his ego. He started telling me things like "I just forgot who I am.. who am I?" and I knew it was starting for him. A level 5 trip was most likely in store for him. I really wasn't sure what to do, but I tried reassuring him by giving him the information he was looking for and telling him that everything happening was normal. He seemed OK though, just forgetful.

Another memorable moment at this point was M. The guy was really shrooming now, and he was losing control over his actions to a degree. He laughed uncontrollably and started to say some pretty odd things. Of course that's the shroom for you. S was also really feeling the shrooms, I noticed his behaviour became a little more erratic and strange. I could tell he was having quite the trip.

Otherwise I didn't pay a lot of attention to the other trippers as I was really focused on what was going on in my world. I'll try to explain my part.

First off when the shrooms settled in it was a level 4 trip. The visuals were very intense; almost as intense as the acid trip I embarked on last weekend. I wasn't too sure how high my tolerance was so I didn't know how strong it would be. Oh boy, it was strong. I remember sitting around watching the field as the visuals became more and more prominent. I wondered to myself how good this trip would be; little did I know what I was in for! Soon the ground was swaying and colors were changing like crazy. I was having a hard time believing what I was seeing. I knew it was really intense because during a moment where I was talking to N, I actually didn't have to focus on anything for the visuals to be noticeable. While focusing on N's face, the grass and trees around him in my peripheral vision were still morphing and changing colors like crazy. This was the first time I had ever noticed this happening on a shroom trip. It was then that I began to realize.. I felt like I was in an alien world!

21:30 - The colors of everything started to change for me. I felt like I had become literally placed onto an alien planet; the dirt was purple, the grass was a much different shade of green, the sky was a blueish-purple color and there were tracers of color everywhere. I also noticed that some of the visuals were actually the same as my acid trip, but with one major difference. Shrooms seem to be more "transparent", while acid is more lucid. Basically it seems like movement had slowed down a bit, due to the tracers and the nature of the shroom.

22:00 - Time was passing fast. I was actually fairly content, but the trip was mindfucking me pretty good. Still though I kept my wits about me as well as my sanity and actually managed to stay mentally stable the whole time. I'm pretty proud of that - a level 4 shroom trip and I was in control (for the most part). It was at this point that I started thinking that I wanted to be home. Set and setting is definitely important.

22:15 - Things were really starting to get weird. More and more I felt like I was in an alien world, and the trippers were getting more and more strange. I grabbed T and decided it's time to go home. We grabbed our things and let everyone know we're heading off.

This is where the interesting part of the adventure begins.

22:25 - T and I headed off from the location. We went down a trail and continued going uphill to find an exit. While walking around.. we couldn't find one! We literally walked around for at least a half hour trying to find the way out, but it was no where to be found. This was really frustrating. I couldn't comprehend a park being designed in such a way where the exit/entrance is actually a challenge to find! I wasn't sure if this was the shrooms, or if it really was tough to find the way out. Either way, it was hard. We continued to look around for an entrance/exit, only to find dead-ends. At this point I was really starting to get pissed off. Were we literally trapped inside this place, with no ability to get out?

22:45 - After looking around for an exit I had given up. At this point I decided we were going to make our own way out. So, we started climbing the hill on the border of the park. This was really not cool - we had to climb over huge trees and bushes all the way up, and it was also a steep incline. On top of that, I was carrying my heavy suitcase all the way up with one arm. On shrooms, your muscles don't want to do a lot of work. I got fatigued a lot faster than usual, but eventually we made it to the top.

22:48 - Finally, civilization! We were out of that stupid park! This felt good. However, as we began to progress further it was hard to say exactly where we were. Unlucky for me, my phone with GPS on it was dead so that was no use. We decided to go up the hill along a busy road to see what we could find.

22:50 - The territory began to look familiar. I had been here before, although everything was colored quite differently. Cars looked angry to me - I felt like the cars passing us were trying to attack us in some way. The buildings were also changing into strange colors. The sidewalk beneath us didn't even feel like sidewalk as I was walking on it. All in all, I really felt like I was on an alien planet, with a strange sense of familiarity to it.

22:55 - It was at this point in time I began having some revelations. One of them being the possibility that when you take psychedelics, perhaps you are really being connected with an alien being in another dimension or place. The reason I felt that is due to the nature of my trip - like I had said I really felt like I was not on Earth anymore. My explanation for that was that while high on mushrooms, another being enters your mind for the time the chemical lasts in your brain and alters your perception. It made a lot of sense - it explained to me why each trip was so vastly different. Of course I don't mean there are two consciousness's in your mind. I had also came up with a similar thought while tripping out on acid, so that reinforced the idea. I decided I'll put that thought away until I'm sober to better decide if it was real or not.

23:00 - T and I continued to walk until we finally got back to campus. This was not a nice sight - it was rather dark out at this point with people wandering around, and the campus looked very eery. Although the buildings are very well designed and everything is aesthetically pleasing, it was creepy to be there. We got to the bus station and figured out when our next bus came.

23:05 - The bus was going to come in 45 minutes! Augh, how were we going to be able to wait around high as balls on shrooms for 45 with others around? I sat pondering that for a while until the genius idea of a TAXI cab came up. Thank goodness for that. Just around the corner of the bus station there were 4 taxi's lined up. I felt like this was meant to be. We hopped in one and immediately began our voyage home.

23:10 - As I mentioned in my trip report for last weekend on acid, I always found bus rides/car rides to be very enjoyable while tripping. Not this time. Although it wasn't uncomfortable, it wasn't enjoyable either. The mindfuck of the shrooms were really playing around with my head while I tried to keep a sober posture about myself. I didn't think it was a good idea to tell the driver we were high on shrooms at this point to start a conversation. In fact the whole ride home it was very quiet. Although, I felt that was a good thing. While in the car I thought about a lot of things as well.

Mental Stability - It was at this point in time I really began to see how mentally capable I am. Here I was in a public situation able to keep myself from looking insane. I answered the cab drivers questions without any problems and was able to get home smoothly. I was on a level 4 trip and was able to keep myself together. This I felt was something that I should cherish as there are many other people who don't have the same kind of mental focus as I do. I decided at this point I wanted to continue to get better at it, maybe to a point where level 5 trips will be explorable.

My future - As a person built on self-improvement, an interesting thought occurred to me. While tripping I have always felt that I am connected with my God the whole time. As such I always feel that he gives me certain messages to show me what I need to do next in my life. The one thing I was shown this night was that I need to be more socially capable. I couldn't quite understand why - it felt like my God was telling me that currently I was not very socially capable and that I had a lot of work to do. One thing that I agreed with was the idea that I needed to become a better person. At this point in time though I have done a LOT of work on myself and who I am. I've become a respectable human being and I've accomplished many things. When the thought that I wasn't good enough came to me this bothered me because truly I feel that I am good enough. When I realized this, I knew that my God was trying to tell me how to improve. I uttered in prayer that I would completely submit myself to this new path of enlightenment and improve myself as my God had so directed me to do.

23:25 - T and I finally arrived home. I paid the cab driver and we got home.

23:30 - While walking through the apartment building, I could not help but notice how different everything seemed. It felt like rooms were bigger, or the walls were a different color. Again the alien thing going on. I knew I was home though, and it felt good. Although I will admit it didn't make me feel the way I thought it would.

23:45 - The trip was slowly coming to an end, but still going pretty well. The visuals were very prominent still, just not as intense as before. T and I decided to smoke a bowl of some Purple Kush that we are currently curing. Wow, 2 days and what a difference! I could only imagine what a whole week will do to the crop. At this point I really felt great because it made me realize that I'm sort of growing weed, without having to grow it! Since the curing part is really the most important, it was great to know that this was one part of the process that I knew how to do.

00:00 - T and I decided to watch some That 70's Show as well as a new episode of Naruto Shippuuden. Naruto was probably not that great of an idea though because it was an episode where there was a lot of emotional barraging going on. However it was OK to watch. One thing that bothered me about the shrooms, is that the other "being" inside my mind (my altered perception) was trying to tell me that what I was watching was low quality and stupid. I fought back! I told that thought to go fuck itself and that I enjoyed what I enjoy. I told that "being" that it didn't truly understand me and what I liked to do. It mocked me. I mocked back and told it to stop revealing the low quality of the show, since while sober that is a lot harder to notice. I really felt like that while tripping on shrooms of this degree that my analytical abilities had changed dramatically. My analyzing skill had changed so much that I was able to see a lot of things I couldn't before. As well, analyzing things was a lot easier and faster. Interesting, I thought to myself. I feel as though I'm slowly starting to document what exactly these psychedelics can do to your mind. Maybe I'll be the next Timothy Leary (yeah right).

The rest of the trip pretty much dwindled off until we finally slept at around 3:30-4:00am. I would say this is the end of my journey.

Afterthoughts:
Well, all in all it was a very odd experience. I never expected the visuals to take over my complete field of vision and change the color of say, soil, to purple. That was most interesting. Unfortunately I almost feel like this trip was a waste because I didn't spend as much time thinking about things like I did on my last acid trip. This makes me realize the stark difference between these two substances. Luckily for me I know how to utilize both and use them for what they're good at to have revelations of otherworldly proportions.

I hope this was an interesting read and maybe to any new shroomers out there will give some insight into what the shroom can be. It's a very interesting substance, one I hope to do more research on!

--------------------
[quote]Shad0w said:
A Bong is like the "fukit" of getting high...... You are smoking out of a bong for one reason. And one reason only. To get super high out of your mind.[/quote]

Edited by psychedelia56 (05/30/09 03:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrganicVision
Opened Eyes, Opened Mind

Re: A gathering of friends in an alien world [Mushrooms] [Re: psychedelia56]
    #10432627 - 05/31/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey everyone,

This is my first trip report, I'm T in psychedelia's reports and his fiance. 

This was a fairly weird trip for me as well, it was my first time taking both wet and dry mushrooms for a trip and they were home-grown, so I was fairly excited (this is the malabar that we have mentioned in the grow log), as we had just harvested the night before.

Anyways, here's my side of it.

I was working when J (psychedelia) was at the birthday party.  The plan was to meet at one of the nicer parks and eat, have food and eat mush.  One of the guys took a while with the mush, so they ate and chilled, I was still at work.  When I finally got home, I grabbed my poi, extra batteries for the poi, money, a bus pass and my keys.  I munched down 1g of dry mushrooms and about 11g wet and ran out for the bus. 

Thankfully the bus came quickly and I had a good conversation with the driver, who was pretty nice about helping me find my way and connect my buses properly.  Anyways, I make the transfer to the other bus just fine and get off at the park J and N had told me we were going to be at.  I'm coming up at this point, have a nice body high going on and I was excited to hang out with my buddy and fiance and whoever else was at the party (I didn't really know any of these guys, except NT, who I don't really like.)

I call J because I couldn't find them and I was starting to get worried that I was in the wrong place.  This is when the high started to kick in.  Panic is pretty interesting on mush, I was fairly worried and starting getting mad but J calmed me down and told me that he was going to get one of the dds to come and get me.  This made me feel better but I was also mad because i felt so lost, so i kept walking to the entrance i knew they were coming in.  Soon they picked me up and this is where my trip went from bad to much better.

I got in the car and immediately felt better, J was there and there was someone to take us to where we needed to be.  This thought comforted me.  What didn't comfort me was the distance between where I was and where they had been.  I was a good 30 blocks away, and that probably would have taken me a while to walk to, while shrooming, alone.  This scared me, and I started crying.  Thankfully we got to the site where the party was and things started to look up.  By this time I was starting to hallucinate mildly, colors started looking like they were part of a water color painting, and introducing myself to everyone turned out to be a quick handshake to 8-10 guys.  I found this interesting as I was pretty much the only girl there.  A few other girls dropped in, but didn't stay for long. 

At this point I'm about 2 hours into my trip, and everything looks like a painting, this is especially of the downtown area that we could see, the sun was just setting and it looked amazing reflecting off the buildings.  Everyone has joined me in the awkward silence bubble and every time someone said “man, what awkward silence” we would all laugh.  I know this was just the way of the shroom so I had to say that to the guys.  Apparently they found that funny too.  It was getting late and chilly, so I decided that I wanted to spin poi for a bit, to warm up and entertain all the trippers.  The ipod dock had died, so I decided my blackberry would have to do.  I picked some Infected Mushroom and started spinning.  After about 10 minutes though, I got tired of doing that and sat back down, starting up some interesting conversations with the group.

I really started getting cold, and wanted to leave. I don’t like tripping when I’m uncomfortable, so being cold wasn’t really an option for a good time.  J apparently had the same idea and asked me right at that moment if I wanted to get going. (we do this sometimes, we know what the other is thinking and vocalize it.)  I told him I did, we grabbed our stuff and started heading out.  We had to find our way out of this park though, so we started heading to where we thought the exit was and ended up on a golf course.  I found this pretty funny, but J looked worried and suggested that we just crawl out of the park.  I could see the road up ahead, and knew where we were from there, so I agreed.  Once we got out of there, we headed up the road to the campus, J was shrooming pretty hard at this point, so we just started talking about the mush we had both had and what we were seeing.  As he mentioned, he was on level 4 while I stayed around 2-3.  This made going home a bit easier to deal with for me, but things got really strange for me once we were on our way there.

J had called the bus line and learned that the next bus would be at the campus in about 45 minutes.  I was not willing to wait for a bus for that long when we’re both obviously shrooming, and on top of that, the bus ride so we would have taken a total of two hours to get home, so I suggested we take a cab.  This was the weird part for me, we got in the cab and the driver had a shield in the back of his cab.  Now, this is understandable, as cabbies don’t really get treated with respect, but to me, this shield was a personal symbol, it reminded me of the one time I rode in the back of a security car, and it made me feel trapped and like a criminal.  I tried to focus more on what was outside and not talking, but the feeling of the shield lingered.  I’m glad that the ride was quiet, and that we got home quickly.

Once home, I felt much better, I was warm and somewhere comfortable.  On top of that, we have two cats, and they are very loving and cuddle freaks so I enjoyed just lying on the couch and cuddling with them.  After a bit of time with the cats, J and I started our coming down ritual of a bowl and a show that we regularly watch.  That night we had a new Naruto Shippuuden episode to watch, as well as that 70s show.  Naruto, I agree, wasn’t the best pick.  For me, it felt way too emotional and… sappy, way too cliché.  It was decent to watch though, then we watched some of that 70s show then went to bed.
After trip notes: I realized more reasons why J and I were meant to be together, and I believe that this trip has allowed me to fully and comfortably embrace my love for drugs and what they can show me.  J and I have talked about our views on drugs, and after tripping as many times as I have, I can see his point in that something else is allowing us to see our world the way they do.  I believe that with certain aspects of drugs, you allow that to happen to you, and it is either a good inhabitance or a bad one.  I think that if it is us tuning into another being or vice versa, that part of that personality comes into the trip and that could, as J said, be why each trip is different.

I’ve realized, because of this trip how important good people are to have around and that if you allow yourself to embrace the things you truly love, you will be happy.  I’m a very lucky woman in many respects and I’ve learned that lesson many times, but this trip cemented it well for me, especially when I was lost, I felt like a scared child.  When I was around good people I was just fine, and also discovering that I don’t need to feel odd about my drug use has brought amazing peace to my soul and state of mind.

Can’t wait for the next trip and thanks for reading!  Happy trails! :smile:

--------------------
An open mind never hurt anyone except those that tried to close it again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates