Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Still searching for Cubes, the latest (PICS)
    #1030479 - 11/06/02 10:40 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok here is another location, none of these are cubensis except for one shady suspect.  Anyway, these were all on dung, the rain has been gone for about a day so they have been baked a little.  The good news is they had alot of shade.  Give me your opinions, please.

Cute little guys posing.  There were several clustersof these, but this is one of the better pics.

Different angle:

Here I am examining them.  The stem was a pinkish hue, the spores were black.  I wore the gloves to look all official like :smile:

I had to merge files again because of upload limit.  On the left, shady cubensis suspect i was talking about, notice the bluing.  On the right different mushrooms growing out of dung.

This is just a nice pic!  Notice the purple ring on the stem!

So give me your questions and your opinions, thanks.:grin:     

Edited by cheesenoonions (11/07/02 05:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Still searching for Cubes in Texas, the latest [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1030580 - 11/06/02 11:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The first three pics are definetly a panaeolus species. They somewhat resemble subbalteatus, but, I really am not positive. They are sure something interesting, whatever they are.

On the merged picture, the left does resemble a cubensis as well, but, has some different traits. They blued? Did they have a veil or anything that looked like a veil was present? What colors were the gills? Im guessing that they are cubensis...still though, if there was no obvious veil, then they are probably something else.

The last pic, are those the same that were in the first 3? They could be subbalteatus as well. Or possibly a realitve to campanulatus...maybe a popilonaceus or sphinctrinus.

Wait for others, they are all pans of somesort :smile:

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Still searching for Cubes in Texas, the latest [Re: angryshroom]
    #1030584 - 11/06/02 11:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Nice finds btw... man, you are living in a primo spot for actives man... I love your pics and finds :smile:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #1030599 - 11/06/02 11:12 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i dont think the mushroom in question is cubensis.
and the rest appear to be panaeolus antillarium
at first i wanted to think papillonaceus :smile: but nooooooo

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Still searching for Cubes in Texas, the latest [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1030607 - 11/06/02 11:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, but what about subbalteatus? They look like matured specimens...

gotta wait for GG or someone really smart with pans :smile:

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#1030655 - 11/06/02 11:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think the last pick is the same as the first 2 except they were baked a little more in the sun.  I have so many more pics.  I took around 70 in all!!  All from one site in a 30'X30' area!  Some other ones I found were orange and red.  THe first two pics also look different with the flash.  Maybe I'll post those tomorrow. 
    My stupid "thinking cubes grow in soil" ass forgot to check if the first two bruised or not.  The ones from  yesterday that I posted definately did not bruise blue.  I still have more locations to check out.  Oh yeah, I found something I wanted to ask about.  I encountered a specimen that was bigger than these, had a nipple appearence, was off white and shriveled because of the sun, and had a strange veil.  It was like the veil was web like.  It was purple and it looked like it was a spider web hanging from the underside of the cap to one side of the stem.  I thought it could be a cubensis veil that was all dried up along with the fruitbody, but I'll have to wait for the next rain to find out.
    I think I'm gonna do my grad work on this when I get there!  This is so much fun.  Thanks for the compliments.  Once I find something interesting, I'll be willing to give away prints if you guys want or are into that since you are all so very helpful. :smile: 

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#1033229 - 11/07/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

bump

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #1034395 - 11/07/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

purple with a web-like veil.
sounds like courtinarius

and those pan-subby looking things are likely exactly that.
if the print is black then id say its a go.

OfflineYourHighness
ruling since1991

Loc: TX
    #1034444 - 11/07/02 11:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The "shady cubensis subject" you were holding near the other variety looked a lot like a small cubensis to me. But that big one that fell over ( if it was the same variety as the one you were holding) didn't appear to have a veil, and would have dropped purple spores everywhere on that cow-patty if it were a cubensis. Still, the one you were holding looked a lot like a cubensis to me! Did it have a veil? PM me.

My advice: view as many images here as you can stand to look at, but keep in mind that you will rarely find perfect pointy specimens in the wild.
When YourHighness' loyal subjects go hunting, the cubensis they find rarely have a nipple, unless they're somewhat immature. The more mature specimens are mostly rounded or flat.

Keep looking! And when you're in the pasture, take a couple deep breaths, clear your mind, and let the cubies CALL to you.

YourHighness

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Still searching for Cubes in Texas, the latest [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1034738 - 11/08/02 12:55 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Here is the web I was talking about in a merged pic, remember the color is all wrong because of the sun.  I don't know what color it was before.  I can't wait till the next rain!!  I have permission!

These are some more specimens I found that day:

These two pics are me being artsy :smile:

Edited by cheesenoonions (11/08/02 02:29 PM)

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#1036608 - 11/08/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1036864 - 11/08/02 03:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Spore print is black right?

Man, the first two on the merged pics remind me of cyans. But, the colors are a little off.

The second picture looks like subbalteatus. The reddish stems and the caps really make me think that.

You really have to get a close up shot of the gills man. That will make it a lot easier to identify.

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#1037965 - 11/08/02 11:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks angryshroom for the help.  I think everyone is ignoring my thread :confused:  Anyway..... here is a pic of the gills.  I'll remember to get a better shot next time i go out.  Anything else I should collect?

OfflineGSAfarmer
Mycotopian
Loc: Mycotopia
Re: Still searching for Cubes, the latest (PICS) [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1038019 - 11/09/02 12:24 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

nice pics.................peace

--------------------

GSAfarmer Joshua

"Don't live someone elses dream."..........GSAfarmer

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1038070 - 11/09/02 12:54 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'd guess pan antillarium.

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Still searching for Cubes in Texas, the latest [Re: Gumby]
    #1041907 - 11/10/02 09:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok I agree that the first three pics of the first set I posted are most likely antillarium, but these

seem to be something different. i was reading a book and thought they may be semiovatus (spelling?). I came to that when I read a description that said the two were very similar except that the semiovatus would have a purple ring on the stem. Plus the color is different. Any comments?

Edited by cheesenoonions (11/10/02 09:39 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1042492 - 11/11/02 02:54 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, nice shot of the gills.

The last two pics that you've just posted do really not look like antillarum to me at all. But, really, I am not the expert.

The inmature specimen in the background of your gill picture, is no way in hell an antillarum. It has a red cap!

Your others really seem to be members of the Panaeolus campanulatus group. My field guide says they are common along in coastal pastures in the fall, winter and spring. There are quite a few species which fall in this group.

As for the exact species, it is really hard to tell. Im sorry that no one has been able to help you out.

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#1042578 - 11/11/02 04:30 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

on the contrary... i have learned alot from various replies. The next time I go out I will have a better idea of what to get. Thanks everyone.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract