Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThurgood
Stranger
At Birthing stage - a few questions - with pics
    #1042310 - 11/11/02 02:59 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

These were transfered to their 2-liter bottles about a week and a half ago. The one pictured was checked this morning then in the evening, since the morning they more than doubled. This is my first time but they seem to really take off and go once they start. Anyways, my only question at this point really is how tight do the tops of the 2-liter bottles need to be. My fit so tight that there is a complete air seal. Is this what you want or do you want some air to be able to get in? Because it seems as if the one that is ahead of all the others fits a little more loosely and I wondered if this had anything to do with it?

Thanks for any help everyone!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: At Birthing stage - a few questions - with pics [Re: Thurgood]
    #1042333 - 11/11/02 03:09 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

You definately want some air exchange, I dont know if you have a schedule set up where you fan those or not but it is a good idea. 2-3 times a day, and rehydrate the perlite as needed. Looking good!

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

OfflineThurgood
Stranger
Re: At Birthing stage - a few questions - with pics [Re: Drummer]
    #1042619 - 11/11/02 07:44 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

Yeah, I understand that I need air exchange. Let me try to rephrase my question a bit. Most of the 2-liter bottles that I cut up to use for my chambers fit VERY tight. The only time any air can get in/out is when I open it to fan it (which i do 2-3 times a day). Now occasionally if I mess up when cutting up the 2-liter the tops don't fit too tight. Is this going to present a problem if there isn't an air tight seal? Or is this prefered? A reason that makes me think you want it air tight is because if it weren't there would be problems keeping the humidity up. On the other hand, out of all my 2-liters the one that fits loosest is the furthest along right now. So, I'm not sure what exactly is the ideal condition? Any one with any inisight? I'd really appreciate it!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation