Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedanx64
Stranger
Pennsylvania LBM ID( subbs? )
    #10420382 - 05/29/09 03:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Habitat: Growing amongst grass in my yard, there are hundreds of them out there and if they do turn out to be subbs, I'll have more than I know what to do with :laugh: They grow in groups alot too

Gills:
Dark brown, fairly dense. Not attached to stem, curve upwards along the cap( eg. (/||\) forgive my crude diagram ). They don't seem to disintegrate over time. Almost always inside the cap( above the bottom )

Stem:
Fairly long, roughly 100mm on average. Has fibers running up and down it, twisting. White/light brown - medium brown in color. Some dark staining at the base/break points, but not vivid blue. No rings.

Cap:
~15-50mm across. Semi-circular/conical, sometimes with a small indent at the top. Dark brown - light brown in color, sometimes with a darker or lighter ring. All of the caps fade to a very light brown color( and the rings disappear ) after sitting for a while.

Spore print color:
Black, though possibly a very dark brown. I'm taking more prints to confirm it.

Bruising:
Some dark bruising on the stem, though I'm not sure if I'd describe it as blue. Just "darker"

Other information:

I can't post any pictures right now, but hopefully I will be able to soon. Also feel free to ask for any more information that may help. Thanks guys!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Pennsylvania LBM ID( subbs? ) [Re: danx64]
    #10420408 - 05/29/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You probably have Panaeolina foenisecii.  Check the spore print color.

Offlinedanx64
Stranger
Re: Pennsylvania LBM ID( subbs? ) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #10420539 - 05/29/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

In regards to them being foes, that's starting to look like the case, this in-progress spore print is looking more like a dark brown than the black of the original. I'll add though that there doesn't seem to my eyes to be any fine white powder on the stipe.

I also forgot to mention that the stipe is hollow if that's even relevant at this point.

I also had two other very similar shroomguys among all these which were a bit darker. Now that all the #1 mushrooms are drying and getting lighter in color, these 2 ( #2 ) are very dark and wet( they look slimy ). Other than that they seem pretty identical to the #1's, what's with the difference?

Offlinedanx64
Stranger
Re: Pennsylvania LBM ID( subbs? ) [Re: danx64]
    #10421670 - 05/29/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yup, looks like they're foes according to my new spore prints. Foenisecii aren't edible at all? I've read conflicting things on this. And any word on my question in my last post?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies