Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineoceanfloatation
Stranger
Eating quickly or slowly
    #10398741 - 05/25/09 09:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Couldn't find a good answer for this, so was wondering how the body is affected if consuming shrooms quickly or slowly (ie: eating 2g in 5 mins vs over the course of an hour). How would this affect your trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePeppy
Stranger

Loc: TX
Re: Eating quickly or slowly [Re: oceanfloatation]
    #10398753 - 05/25/09 09:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I always munch 'em down as fast as possible. When I make tea though, I sip it over a few hours, reusing the teabag many times.

I suppose if you were to eat them slowly, the trip would be drawn out a bit longer. I'm not sure if there would be a tolerance issue...

--------------------
yo!

OfflineSeefer
Psychonaut

Re: Eating quickly or slowly [Re: Peppy]
    #10398805 - 05/25/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think that tolerance would be an issue. Unless you dosed again over 2 hours after the initial dose, (when the first psilocybin rush or peak occurs)

--------------------
"Then without my permission an otherworldly force lifted my body up off the dimly lit ground, a tingling sensation was pulsing through my entire being. These people noticed my quick ascent to another life, and  with their hands reaching as high as they could, began grabbing for me with no intention to leave me in one piece. Good vibes were wearing thin, and it was a frightening thought thinking that I would never escape from this horrid place." - Hidden Meanings and Spirituality

Offlineoceanfloatation
Stranger
Re: Eating quickly or slowly [Re: Seefer]
    #10398835 - 05/25/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Would the come up be smoother if you consumed slowly? I haven't shroomed for a few years, but was thinking about trying it again before long. Everytime I've eaten L I get enough anxiety on the come-up, and although I don't get it that bad on shrooms, wanted to make the experience as enjoyable and smooth as possible.

In lieu of trying the .5 xanax before hand, does a beer or two seem to help others on the come up? This leads to the "I've gotta go piss again!" thoughts every 30 minutes :smile:

OfflineSeefer
Psychonaut

Re: Eating quickly or slowly [Re: oceanfloatation]
    #10414973 - 05/28/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well, personally I don't recommend beer, but that's a personal choice. Now the decision at hand is actually pretty easy, there is really no harm done in eating mushrooms slowly. But if you eat them unreasonably slow (over 3 hours time) then you would likely get some sort of tolerance issue (assumption). It really just leads to however you want to eat them, and the "comeup" is all in the head. Do not let it bother ya!

Meditating before hand works for me :crazy2:

--------------------
"Then without my permission an otherworldly force lifted my body up off the dimly lit ground, a tingling sensation was pulsing through my entire being. These people noticed my quick ascent to another life, and  with their hands reaching as high as they could, began grabbing for me with no intention to leave me in one piece. Good vibes were wearing thin, and it was a frightening thought thinking that I would never escape from this horrid place." - Hidden Meanings and Spirituality

Edited by Seefer (05/28/09 06:24 PM)

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
Re: Eating quickly or slowly [Re: Seefer]
    #10415062 - 05/28/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I like eating them slowly because it helps me a lot with the come up anxiety. Usually i'll just nibble on whatever until I feel like i'm good.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag