Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Can you give me proof?
    #1040794 - 11/10/02 01:19 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

What do you believe is the nature of existance, and what proof do you have that your belief is "true"? I'm interested to find out what everyone thinks  :grin: :grin:

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Can you give me proof? [Re: trendal]
    #1040873 - 11/10/02 02:01 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hi Trendal! :smile:

Did you mean to put this in the Political Discussion forum?  It sort of belongs in S&P&S.

Maybe a Mod will move it for you.

Cheers,

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #1040957 - 11/10/02 02:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The nature of existance is a constant whole.. No one living thing is any more important or larger than another....

"Existance" is an is nothing more than a life giving energy, while humans grow, plants and animals suffer from a shortage of this life force.
One day things will reverse and humans will become extince and another form of life will take over... This is the nature of Existance...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1041312 - 11/10/02 05:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

noone can answer this and be sure...so all i have is faith.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Can you give me proof? [Re: ]
    #1041496 - 11/10/02 07:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yes this was supposed to be in S&P&S  :crazy:

Posting high is fun  :grin:

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
    #1041625 - 11/10/02 08:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

are all these your guitars?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1041700 - 11/10/02 09:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

until you read what you posted the next day... :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Can you give me proof? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1042691 - 11/11/02 09:08 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That must be a constant thorn in your side inny.  :grin:

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Can you give me proof? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1042711 - 11/11/02 09:26 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

At times i guess :grin:, however i'm talking about OTD when you look at the next day and say WTF!!!??

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1042761 - 11/11/02 09:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

There is nothing to believe. Faith means forcing yourself to be ignorant.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Can you give me proof? [Re: Phluck]
    #1042897 - 11/11/02 10:58 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

****Faith means forcing yourself to be ignorant. ****

or admitting that you will never know the solution while being alive. ignorance means you don't know, so you'll admit to being ignorant as well?
It sure beats guessing right?

people hate faith becaue they can't prove it wrong....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (11/11/02 10:59 AM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1043565 - 11/11/02 03:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

"people hate faith becaue they can't prove it wrong...."
No, I hate faith because you can't prove it to be anything. It's completely baseless. It's claiming to know the answers to something that you simply can't know the answers to.

Faith is not "admitting that you will never know the solution while being alive", it's claiming that you do know the answer while being alive. Believing that there is or isn't a god or afterlife or anything at all really, is arrogant and completely ridiculous.

Even if I when I do die, god comes and speaks to me personally, it can't possibly answer any of my questions. Hell, I've already spoken to the guy, and all I had to do was alter my brain chemistry a bit. Was it an actual conversation with god, or was it just a figment of my imagination? Claiming to know the answer would be totally absurd.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Can you give me proof? [Re: Phluck]
    #1043718 - 11/11/02 04:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

****It's claiming to know the answers to something that you simply can't know the answers to.****

no it's accepting the fact that you do not have answers for. (at least that's my interpretation...god knows your's is different)

****Faith is not "admitting that you will never know the solution while being alive", it's claiming that you do know the answer while being alive. ****

i think it's more of a hope or leap of faith. I hope there is a God and i have faith that there is. If i'm wrong then the joke is on me. If i'm right then those that don't believe will have their own problems to deal with.

****Believing that there is or isn't a god or afterlife or anything at all really, is arrogant and completely ridiculous. ****

it must suck being you. You believe in nothing while at the same time coming down on those that do....you are the typical atheist...those that believe in nothing will believe anything i suppose.

****Even if I when I do die, god comes and speaks to me personally, it can't possibly answer any of my questions. ****

How could god speak to you if you don't believe he exists? You'd just be talking to yourself.

****Hell, I've already spoken to the guy, and all I had to do was alter my brain chemistry a bit. *****

so much for the "no stupid comments" thing you were discussing in your self rightous thread...oh well

****Was it an actual conversation with god, or was it just a figment of my imagination? ****

I don't claim to know what's in your head, if anything....the only one that can aswer that is you.

****Claiming to know the answer would be totally absurd. ****

hence faith. You cannot explain faith to someone who believes in nothing...i'm glad i'm not you.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1043832 - 11/11/02 04:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

"you are the typical atheist"
Check you dictionary. An atheist BELIEVES there is no god and is just as stupid as those that believe there is a god.

"it must suck being you."
You'll have to trust me, you don't need the crutch of faith to be happy. I'm a very happy person, and the sense of wonder I get from realizing how little I really know only enhances that. I know it might seem like I'm coming down on those people that do have wacky beliefs, but I'm really quite accepting. When asked directly though, I state the reasons why I refuse to believe. There are lots of people who try to impose their beliefs on others, and that just makes me sick.

"How could god speak to you if you don't believe he exists? You'd just be talking to yourself."

You don't understand. I don't believe that there isn't a god. I don't know the answer.

"****Hell, I've already spoken to the guy, and all I had to do was alter my brain chemistry a bit. *****
so much for the "no stupid comments" thing you were discussing in your self rightous thread...oh well"

If you couldn't tell that was a tongue in cheek statement, well... geez.

"I don't claim to know what's in your head, if anything....the only one that can aswer that is you."

What's in my head is the same as what's in the heads of everyone else, I've just interpreted it differently. I know that lots of people have had "religious experiences" with drugs, and they came to the conclusion that what they were experiencing was real.

"You cannot explain faith to someone who believes in nothing...i'm glad i'm not you."

You don't need to explain it to me, I've experienced it firsthand. Then I met logic. Faith and logic cannot coexist in the same mind.

The assumption that someone who doesn't believe in god must be depressed or miserable or a horrible pessimist confuses me. Why must one have the comfort of knowing there's an afterlife to be happy? The only life that I know for sure I have is the one I'm living, so I'm going to make the best of it.

I read some muslim talking about being a martyr, and he said that the life he was living now was insignificant compared to his afterlife, so being a martyr was the best way to make use of it. This is the kind of thinking that faith can bring about.

Don't worry about your afterlife, there's no way you can know what will happen then. Make your life right now and the lives of those around you as best as you can.

Oh... and...

"If i'm wrong then the joke is on me."

If you accept the fact that you might be wrong, then you don't really have faith, do you?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion