Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocybear
Psilocybe Guitarist
 User Gallery

Loc: Dark Side Of The Moon
Synaesthesia
    #10384413 - 05/22/09 11:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

For those of you who use psychedelics... How frequently does this happen? How does it feel?? Does it persist after tripping for a while?? What senses have crossed personally?

--------------------
Everything stated through this account is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlatypus
Cities of the future

Re: Synaesthesia [Re: Psilocybear]
    #10384432 - 05/22/09 11:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I have experienced this 1 time, It was actually very cool but confusing at the same time.

I remember seeing sound as very vibrant, pulsating waves of color. It lasted the duration of my LSD trip, And the next day, It was all gone.

I have yet to experience it on mushrooms.

--------------------
"Good karma may not buy you a meal, but it will cause someone to share a meal with you if you're hungry" -Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineMunkey106
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Lafayette, Louisiana
Re: Synaesthesia [Re: Platypus]
    #10384451 - 05/22/09 11:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I love synaesthesia. It's one of my favorite effects of psychedelics. I got hardcore synaesthesia on 2c-i (25mg orally) one night like nothing I've ever experienced! My friends were "glowsticking" me. I could "feel the red one, sense the blue one, and see the green one". It was incredible. Words don't do it justice.

On higher doses of dextromethorphan (3rd plateau+), I get synaesthesia as well, though it's profoundly different, which makes sense being that dextromethorphan is a dissociative and all.

Offlineretrospect
Re: Synaesthesia [Re: Munkey106]
    #10384457 - 05/22/09 11:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

once i saw music pulsing through all of reality like a ripples in water. i could see and feel the music as it soared through space

OfflineMoonraker
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Synaesthesia [Re: retrospect]
    #10384712 - 05/23/09 01:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

My one and only acid trip I could see sound much like what Platypus described. Mine only lasted during the peak of the trip which I don't know was anywhere from an hour to 4 hours, I really have no idea. Out of 15+ Mushroom trips I have yet to experience synthaesia but haven't really ventured over 4 grams. Needless to say though: when it happens, it is inexplicably profound.

--------------------
A human race with more highly developed spiritual capacities, with expanded consciousness of the depth and the incomprehensible wonder of being, would also have greater understanding of and better consideration for the biological and material foundation of life on this earth, Above all, for Western people with their hypertrophied rationality, the development and expansion of a direct, emotional experience of reality, unobstructed by words and concepts, would be of evolutionary significance.

Beginning to think is beginning to be undermined.

To fall in hell or soar angelic,
You need a pinch of psychedelic.

OfflineAdrianPsy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Synaesthesia [Re: Moonraker]
    #10384910 - 05/23/09 02:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

On LSD, I've seen things moving to music and have experienceed other weird sensations such as what I see becoming what I feel and what I taste melting into my thoughts. Just blended so smoothly. In a way it was like I could sense the actual physical taste turning into a thought in my mind.

--------------------

:mushroom2:    That's why I always recommend a psychedelic experience because it makes you realize that all you've learned is in fact just learned and not necessarily the truth. - Bill Hicks    :mushroom2:

OfflineJfiligree
Stranger Than The Average
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Synaesthesia [Re: AdrianPsy]
    #10384969 - 05/23/09 02:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Synaesthesia is something your actually born with or have normally in your brain, LSD does not make this happen its your imagination + the drug, if you think you have it take a test...more then likely you don't if you only see colors to sound on LSD

--------------------
there you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
And piles
Of trials
With smiles.
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave
And keep on thinking free

OfflineSynesthetic
Ratings go in journal.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tooele, UT
Re: Synaesthesia [Re: Jfiligree]
    #10385082 - 05/23/09 04:26 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Synaesthesia is a side-effect from drugs, too...although not permanent.

My SN's "Synesthetic" because I have synesthesia...it's awesome but sucks at the same time...gives me massive headaches.

Mine's not insane like the people who can taste shapes or see sounds...when my brain recognizes a visual pattern I get these weird flows and pulses of energy...it's hard to explain.

Like between lines of text I see rivers of what look like microscopic shards of metal flowing through the spaces.

When I see a grid I see those same sparkles moving diagonal to the grid.

Weird stuff...it's not an intense thing for me but it does give me MASSIVE FUCKING HEADACHES.

OfflineSynesthetic
Ratings go in journal.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tooele, UT
    #10385083 - 05/23/09 04:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jfiligree said:
Synaesthesia is something your actually born with or have normally in your brain, LSD does not make this happen its your imagination + the drug, if you think you have it take a test...more then likely you don't if you only see colors to sound on LSD

No real test for Synesthesia. Each case has to be studied independently.

Most people don't bother with it because it takes years of constantly being quizzed on the "hallucinations" to have anything formal in the way of a diagnosis.

OfflineJfiligree
Stranger Than The Average
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Synaesthesia [Re: Synesthetic]
    #10385134 - 05/23/09 05:46 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ive always had the condition in more ways than one, there are numerous tests, to see what, or if the person has any form of it. is psychological nothing special, some believe it is synaesthesia, i would argue that having experienced both many many times LSD is much different to what i see whenever i listen to music or meet someone

--------------------
there you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
And piles
Of trials
With smiles.
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave
And keep on thinking free

Offlinedoyoutrip
Marijuana Enthusiast
Male

Loc: Sunny D
    #10385356 - 05/23/09 07:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jfiligree said:

i dont really think so lol. cause when i first tripped i was able to taste the bass of the music my friend was blastin. kinda tasted like metal sound? it was a serious bumpin system though and hard reggae was playin :cool:.

even if it was my imagination, it still means you experience a "State" of Synesthesia :tongue2::thumbup:

just like a could experience a "state" of paralysis  such as your legs falling asleep w/o ever having to be permanently paralyzed

--------------------
"Going about niiinneettyy
On the freeway choking
Ain't no mystery to the weed we smokin'"

"Started from weed, big smoke outs before you could exhale, blunt in your mouth"

:potleaf::getstoned::potleaf:

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#10387363 - 05/23/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jfiligree said:

Quite a bit of people have synaesthasia and probably don't even know about it. It's quite common and there are so many different variations of it, but relatively little research has been done.

I find synaesthasia so damn interesting. I actually have a case of "Spatial-Synaesthasia". I look at and perceive time in a 3 dimensional manner, it's really hard to explain. But whether it be a month, year, week, etc....there is a spatial location where i can pinpoint that time. For example January and February are behind me and slightly elevated, while July is in front of me and slightly off to the left....

I think that LSD, among other various psychedelic substances, can cause synaesthasia for sure, temporarily or permanently....a little more than just your imagination, or where do you want to draw the line at "just imagination" and "true perception", does such a thing even exist?....

--------------------

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: Synaesthesia [Re: Psilocybear]
    #10388059 - 05/23/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybear said:
For those of you who use psychedelics... How frequently does this happen? How does it feel?? Does it persist after tripping for a while?? What senses have crossed personally?

1 - Very very very very rarely for me personally. i think the last time i could really say it happened was about 2 years ago on some really good mushrooms. sound crossed into my visual field. we all 3 noticed it at once, it lasted a second, then it was gone. extremely weird. we all looked at each other like wtf? to make sure we all experienced the same thing. (we did) it was sound coming out of an electic piano.

2 - hard to say, i can say that.

3 - not at all.

4 - sound and vision.

im tripping balls right now otherwise i would put more input into it.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

OfflinePsilocybear
Psilocybe Guitarist
 User Gallery

Loc: Dark Side Of The Moon
Re: Synaesthesia [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #10388811 - 05/23/09 11:00 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the responses everyone!.. no more takers?

--------------------
Everything stated through this account is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order