Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEleanorRigby
cant remember old username

Loc: Flag
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #10341985 - 05/15/09 04:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Could the humming sound possibly be caused by other drugs still in your system?

One of my first shroom trips was a small dose, about a gram and not much was happening so after an hour i took a bong hit and started to hear whistling, it was increasing in pitch steadily and i wondered if i would explode when it got to the top. but it just kept getting higher and higher and then i recognised the voice of someone speaking in what sounded like an ancient language with alien tongues, it was really gnarly..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: EleanorRigby]
    #10342035 - 05/15/09 05:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's not that unusual to be stoned, op.

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: EleanorRigby]
    #10342343 - 05/15/09 07:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

No other drugs were in my system. I drink a bottle of beer occasionally. I have some coffee every now and then.
Many of you aren't answering my question, although you are implying that you haven't had any of these effects (with weed at least).
I find that even at low doses, marijuana gives me a "heavy", more serious buzz, compared to nitrous oxide (at the dentist), which gives me a "light' and goofy buzz.

Edited by Malfoy (05/15/09 07:56 AM)

Offlinehockeyplyr1057
Music Lover
Male

Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Malfoy]
    #10347256 - 05/16/09 01:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

really depends on set and setting for real. maybe what ever setting youre in while you smoke is a serious setting (for you) normally and comes across more intensely while high?

i have felt effects similar to what you have mentioned, just very rarely and i say "similar" in a very loose way, because drugs affect everyone differently.

--------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. -Gandalf

OfflineCDClock
Stranger

Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: hockeyplyr1057]
    #10349744 - 05/16/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Do some psychedelics, they don't burn you out for weeks afterward, the worst is you'll be feeling a bit out of it the next day if you have a really intense trip (especially with LSD.)

Weed, especially when you don't do it often or are just starting, tends to make you feel a bit slow for a couple days after.
After a while this doesn't happen anymore.

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
    #10349793 - 05/16/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

When I was new to blazin', I concentrated a lot on how I felt, how I was acting, etc. The more I smoked, the more I took it for granted and focused on how I thought.
  You said you've smoked a couple times...as you use weed more, I think you'll start taking it for granted as well, and you'll forget about how weird it is.  :sadyes:  I miss my days of drug-innocence...like the first time I tried shrooms...those were the days....
Myk
Oh, don't let anyone tell you you're not feeling what you are. My friend and I are polar opposites when it comes to any drugs. He's socially high, I would rather be alone or with a very small group. He thinks about people on mushrooms, I think about abstract concepts. We're all different.

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: herd]
    #10350823 - 05/16/09 11:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

herd said:
you definitely need a tolerance.sounds like you get "too" high
pretty easily which isn't a bad thing as long as you can control your self.

no

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Mykologist]
    #10356022 - 05/17/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the info, Mykologist.

I've had bud twice, shake three times, and shake/dust once.
I tend to have two to three good hits when I get high.
Since I'm still new to pot, I'm having difficulty remembering what some of the effects were really like, but I've thought about it and I think I've gotten closer to what I actually felt.

What usually happens is that for the first few minutes (before the buzz) I see a bit of very transparent, barely noticeable noise everywhere. After about three minutes, I start feeling very heavy, and my heart begins beating faster and harder, which gives me the feeling that the experience is a bit "ride-like". Once this happens, I hear a pulsating vacuum cleaner-like tone (slightly smoother) that increases in frequency until it's pulsating 20 to 30 times per second. This tends to repeat over and over again, and as it does, my field of vision pulsates slightly along with the sound. If I close my eyes, I usually see a large dot quickly changing from red to blue. After about fifteen minutes, the pulsating gets slower, and my vision gets choppy. I sometimes see objects that I'm looking at fade and shrink into darkness. Then the environment twinkles brightly, and edges are coated with thick beams of light that usually aren't very vibrant. I also see transparent lines (which often turn into twinkling spots once I get higher) radiating diagonally (only on one side) from objects, which makes them look funny and bouncy for some reason. I'll stop here because I'll just be typing information that's already in my previous posts if I describe any more of what normally happens the first fifteen minutes. I did forget to mention that the first time I smoked, I'd sometimes see myself in a grey void from 40 to 50 meters above when I spoke.

Edited by Malfoy (05/17/09 10:56 PM)

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

#10356088 - 05/17/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

it kinda sounds like salvia dude weed shouldn't do that to you

Offlinerushofblood
Stranger

Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #10356300 - 05/17/09 11:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I know what you're talking about, you gave a pretty good description about the beams that shine off the edges of furniture.

Do you ever get that "I feel my organs" thing in your skull? Tactile hallucinations where I can feel my brain and sinuses, veins, spinal cord. It's very strange and I agree, off-putting sometimes.

Sounds like you're just a serious person, maybe a scientist? Would you consider yourself a highly sensitive person?

Any mental illness in your family?

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

#10356378 - 05/18/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Malfoy said:
I've had pot a few times with my friend, and he says that some of the effects I experience seem unusual to him. I want to know if some of you have experienced these effects, which I'll list.

When I'm high with him, I tend to laugh at myself because of how "old" and worn-out I feel. It feels like my face is highly archetypal, with my skin sagging off it. When he comments on how high I look, I feel as though he's insulting me, being sarcastic, or simply not caring that I'm having a "serious" trip instead of a goofy one. He also says that he feels light. Even though I smoke substantially less pot than he does, I don't feel light. I sometimes feel as though I'm rising, but I usually just feel VERY heavy. Everything seems to be falling extremely fast. Even when I imagine something, it seems to be falling to the bottom of my imaginary field of vision almost instantaneously. When I look at my shelves, I see thick, coloured beams of light on the edges. The shelves can sometimes look bent, usually with a hyper-archetypal look as a result of a weird fish-eye lens effect I get. I'll often get twinkling spots in my field of vision, and they'll sometimes radiate from furniture at very high speed with a bit of an angle. Even when I'm not that high, objects can have dreamy bubble-like streams rising very smoothly and quickly from the edges that make them seem somewhat disconnected from reality. A really funny effect I get is when my friend's eyelashes get long and his face morphs into a cartoony rodent's face, but it doesn't usually last long before his face is back to normal, morphing into something a bit different. Sometimes he looks like Rob Schneider, and other times he looks a bit like a centaur. Sometimes my shelf looks like a prostitute when I'm really high. :/

My first time, I took three hits and had a tactile hallucination that made my skin feel like it was made of very thick mud, rolling off me and into the ground. A force was trying to make me merge with the couch, and I could feel some of my internal organs. Whenever I spoke, I'd see myself in a grey void from 40 to 50 meters above. It kind of made me feel like I was INSANELY tired. After it really kicked in, I saw a tunnel with a very large light, and I felt as though I was passing out. I became very scared, thinking I was going to die if I didn't resist fainting. Everything seemed to be merging into the ground because of extremely strong gravity. After that, I went outside and had an out-of-body experience where I had two fields of vision, and one of them was that of my separate ghostly body. I couldn't eat, because even something as light as whipped cream seemed too dense and heavy. I also heard sounds coming from the sky that would create colourful three dimensional shapes in front of me. It seems too strong to be nothing more than weed, but my friend says it was just really good weed. I did see what appeared to be trichomes.

I'd be interested in reading the responses of people who have and haven't experienced these effects.

Man it's just fucking marijuana. You are tripping out because you don't smoke much weed noob (no offense).

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: rushofblood]
    #10356437 - 05/18/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

"I know what you're talking about, you gave a pretty good description about the beams that shine off the edges of furniture."
Are you talking about the beams of light or the diagonally radiating lines/twinkling spots? Probably the former. I sometimes get a mild form of the latter after I bike for hours.

I'm not a scientist professionally, but I do a good amount of reading on science. Perhaps one day I'll be a scientist, but I'm too anti-authoritarian to become popular. I have a short temper, and I can often be in a "serious" mood because I daydream a lot about epic, gigantic environments and spacescapes. I'm also often visually amazed by many things. However, I also laugh a lot, and I don't find anything offensive. Extreme racism, sexism, explicit sexual descriptions and everything else most people find offensive does nothing to me. Some explicit images of violence can disturb me though.

"Any mental illness in your family?"
I was diagnosed with OCD, Tourette's syndrome, tics, ADHD (questionable), and having certain characteristics similar to those in people with Asperger's syndrome. Also, post-traumatic stress disorder (I think it's pretty mild) and, oxymoronically, Gifted/LD.

I didn't get that feeling in my head. I've only felt myself internally while I peed five minutes after smoking the first time. I was also able to feel my stomach.

Edited by Malfoy (05/19/09 12:13 AM)

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #10357152 - 05/18/09 05:18 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Oh gawd I hate that.  I feel so fragile and gross when I can feel my organs moving around.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: rushofblood]
    #10358530 - 05/18/09 01:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've been getting so high off of weed with a low tolerance. I need to get my tolerance back, its much more enjoyable when the world isn't tripping me out just from marijuana.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

OfflineAlike
Stranger
    #10360779 - 05/18/09 07:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You're new to smoking, huh. My freshman year when I started smoking I got crazy high... Strong visual component, strong tactile hallucinations, mental activity very similar to what you're describing. I'd feel pretty out of it the next day, and my peripheral vision would be kind of off. I wouldn't recommend smoking any less... I kept it up once every other week or so and now a lot of those heavier-duty effects have passed. I almost never notice anything visual and rarely any really bizarre tactile effects. If you keep on going you'll probably learn to appreciate it once it mellows out.

As far as other people go though, you're just gonna have to handle yourself in front of 'em and if you feel like having a "serious" time you should probably chill solo... Most people are more about the goofy aspect so it makes sense that they would have that in mind. If you can let yourself go and wile out and do your thing in front of them in a way that doesn't alienate them, they'll probably laugh until it hurts and have a blast.

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Alike]
    #10361779 - 05/18/09 11:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Another thing that sometimes happened was that my friend would talk to me, and I'd see his face being "screen captured" and it would shrink and move to one end of my imaginary field of vision, then this would repeat every second or so and I'd see all the exaggerated changes in his facial expressions at the same time.

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10361883 - 05/18/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I felt heavy lots of times. One time, I wasn't feeling heavy then I thought about feeling heavy, and then I started to feel heavy. Another time it was reversed with my friend, I told him I was feeling heavy and he said he felt light, then after I told him he said now he feels weighed down. Lol I love him.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: showme]
    #10362103 - 05/19/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've felt like I was rising. Stronger trips make it more likely for me to feel heavy though. Getting really high can be really fun and filled with laughing, but on the more intense trips I find that I tend to feel like I'm close to depression and that I'm simply ignoring it and having fun anyway. Coming back to reality always makes me feel weird, often uncomfortable. Looking at doorways shortly after coming down can be really cool and kind of depressing at the same time. I often get the feeling that everything looks cool, kind of like when I listen to music (but stronger).

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
    #10379942 - 05/22/09 02:46 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

On weed, I act VERY similarly to this guy:

I know that it's not salvia though, because I only start getting high five minutes after smoking, and it lasts for a few hours.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag