Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

The Internet Is Psychedelic
    #10356189 - 05/17/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This is an anonymous conversation I had with a complete stranger on the website Omegle. It went like this word for word/Start to finish:

You: i cant decide whether or not this is a positive or negative quality of our society
You: the fact that conversation has been reduced to anonymous discussions via impersonal expression
You: or enhanced?
Stranger: its sort enhanced, yet it feels sort of empty
You: yeah...its like being a robot and talking to another one
Stranger: cant even feel im talking to real live people
You: do you ever feel pressure to make a conversation last
You: regardless of the cirumstances
Stranger: it is kind of fascinating to finally get one
You: you mean on this?
Stranger: i mean, this is the first time i visit this site and the last 5 people ive been conected with have write gibberish and disconnected
You: yeah i can see how that would occur...this is pretty interesting though...think about it...we are entirely unaware of each others skin colors, ethnicities, nationalities, sexuality, religion, and even physical features...yet we can have directly communicate
You: you could be a girl or guy...99 or 19
You: perhaps this is one of the few places on Earth where honesty can occur between humans
Stranger: of course, only when humans are positibly anonymous can really express thir true self
You: its funny because i have no clue what to say...I wonder what that entails about one's identity ha
You: perhaps no such thing exists?
You: a true identity that is...maybe all that exists is uncertainty
You: communication is an attempt at spirtual and invidiudal recognition
You: no judgment exists within the anonyminity of our conversation...human communication existing in its most pure form..only to suddenly fall through into the eternal abyss through the push of a button..disconnect...disconnect...we have become disconnected...a word with infinite meaning in relation to our brief encounter
Stranger: such a usual concept becomes so abstract in this context
You: hmm...disconnection...i dont know..its like someone just gets sick of the other person and can literally delete the encounter between the two of them between the push of a button
You: as if it never occured
You: whats the most bizaree thing you believe in
Stranger: its impossible to delete the encounter, it happened, as long as one part of the party remembers, its still there
Stranger: lingering in the memories
You: good point..
You: whats the most obscure thing you believe in (something which not many people would believe in)
Stranger: i would have to say patterns
Stranger: inmense patterns in all of nature
Stranger: in all reactions, interactions
Stranger: in history
Stranger: like there have been there for all eternity
You: even perhaps this conversation?
Stranger: perhaps
Stranger: perhaps its just another tiny phase in one of those patterns
Stranger: and it scares me actually
You: like synchronicity?
Stranger: repeating into oblivion, like clockwork
Stranger: yes
You: yeah ive..only recently actually...started to believe in that sort of thing...idk whatd you think is in store for the future? is it just going to be another re-occuring repetition of the past or is something new entriely in store for us
You: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Point_(Tipler)
You: its approptiate to mention that on this website (Omegle)
You: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_point
Stranger: well, it cant be a repetition of the past, it'll take an astronomical miracle to make things repeat like that
Stranger: it would be a little more subtle
Stranger: but its kind of far fetched to know if all this will be entangled with the future
You: i agree, its kind of wishful thinking, wanting to have a purpose to a very confusing existence
You: random question
You: have you ever tried lsd?
Stranger: never tried a drug in my life
You: right on
Stranger: you?
You: twice. it opened up a new percpetion of the world for me...and it turned me from atheist to whatever the hell someone who believes in patterns, recognitions, and synchronicites would be called. i was just curious if you had a somewhat similar expericence (or have just a read A Brief History In Time)
You: what do you tihnk of the whole 2012 buisness
Stranger: well, its sort of fascinating, i cant say im scared, most of all the "end of the world" theories are way too paranoic
Stranger: each generation of men always wants to be the last
You: true that. that whole kind of bring significance to one's life thing again...the cool thing about the world now is how quickly information spreads, i mean this being an example, ideas can be sent millions of miles and received in less than a few seconds...idk that ability combined with the clockwork pattern thing (deism sort of?) makes me think that maybe a point of tecnhological signularity will occur but i can only speculate
You: check this website out...you might find it interesting its got a lot cool shit about various weird philosophical/nature of time stuff...(dont worry its nothing bad or a virus, google it if you dont believe me)
You: http://deoxy.org/
You: it has a really good collection of youtube videos
Stranger: ill check it out
Stranger: well i have to go now
You: good talking to you
You: hold on
You: do you go to college?
You: i go to college in ohio
You: im just curious
Stranger: wait
Stranger: lets leave this anonymously
Stranger: yes i go to college
Stranger: but thats all ill tell and all i want to know about you
You: haha..excellent...awesome talk
You: good luck in the future
Stranger: good luck to you too
Stranger: who know, maybe someday we'll meet eachother in soem other place on the internet
You: the best part is we'll never know if it happens
Stranger: indeed
Stranger: so long
You: c ya
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

It is no coincidence that Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and other Silicon Valley computer engineers have experimented with psychedelic drugs.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: The Internet Is Psychedelic [Re: JackofSpades]
    #10356263 - 05/17/09 11:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This whole life seems to be about Identity and what we as individuals and a collective are doing to find our identity.
I would say technology distracts us form finding our identity. meanwhile it provides us with an ever increasing ability to forget about that quest and become anonymous. We look for strangers to give us answers we want to hear. Such as on this forum.
There is a sort of comfort in knowing that you might never see the person again. so vanity and reputation don't seem to matter as much.
Anonymity can be nice though or at least it seems. Talking to someone, your not connected to locally, about issues that the human mind might not be good at taking in real person. AL though communication can get fucked up through text
I'm tired

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

OfflineGratefulgroove
dude
Male

Re: The Internet Is Psychedelic [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #10356304 - 05/17/09 11:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

reading that reminded me of this documentary i was watching about the science of networks,
it was saying that i guess every network within technology and in nature follow the same "rules", that it is something observable in all things from networks of air traffic patterns to the way a single cell works.

from what i understand is that the more complex networks get, the closer information can get passed

it started about the 6 degrees of separation theory and went way more in depth,

that just throwing info out their but quite interesting

--------------------
:sunny:Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right:sunny:

OfflineGratefulgroove
dude
Male

Re: The Internet Is Psychedelic [Re: Gratefulgroove]
    #10378728 - 05/21/09 09:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well me and Ronpaul at least found this thread interesting

:pinkelephant:

--------------------
:sunny:Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right:sunny:

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Internet Is Psychedelic [Re: Gratefulgroove]
    #10378997 - 05/21/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

what a beautiful conversation.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom