Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOogieBoogie
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shadow On The Moon
Fishing..............
    #10375629 - 05/21/09 11:06 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OK I've been real busy so far this year  :bouncysmoke: haven't got a chance to get out there and fish anyone catch anything nice lately ?  :fishing:
Witch do you prefer Salt or Fresh water and why ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: OogieBoogie]
    #10375652 - 05/21/09 11:12 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i still gotta get my lazy ass up to go,, cant wait though! i :heart: fishing!

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

Offlinerhizomorphic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10375673 - 05/21/09 11:15 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

ive been skunked so far this year but Ive only been out twice, I got a good size perch in the ice hut this year ( 2.3 lbs) other than that no luck yet, I'll fish anywhere but, seeing how i live in Ontario im sorta limited to my salt water activities hahah, but i have been in the past and really enjoyed it, you never know what yiou're gonna hook into on the high seas and to me that's exciting, but so is hooking into a nice pickerel or bass for that matter, happy fishin'

--------------------
..."I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". ....Syd Barrett

OfflineOogieBoogie
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Fishing.............. [Re: tripp23]
    #10375681 - 05/21/09 11:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i love packing a bowl and just waiting for that 1st bite i haven't got my fishing license yet  :foreheadslap: but i think I'm going to wait because i haven't fished salt water in years !

InvisibleMankey
Male
    #10375741 - 05/21/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've got a few rainbows, a salmon,(all within a 5 min time span using a hot pink mexican wedding ring :rofl:) a 14in largemouth, and most likely a state record sized (probably around 2.5ft) largemouth that got away. I fucking hate myself for that. :frown: At least he didn't take my favorite rapalla.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #10375749 - 05/21/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've never caught a fish in my entire life, sometimes I feel like there's a special technique that everybody besides me is aware of...:paranoid:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinerhizomorphic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Poid]
    #10375816 - 05/21/09 11:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

my father once told me.. that's why they call it fishing, not catching!

--------------------
..."I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". ....Syd Barrett

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: rhizomorphic]
    #10375822 - 05/21/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

They also call it catching fish. :tongue:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleMankey
Male
    #10375873 - 05/21/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Poid, what do you fish for and what do you use as far as bait/lures?

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Mankey]
    #10375891 - 05/21/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I fish for whatever I can catch, and I usually use whatever bait/lures I can buy at Wal-Mart. Even when I'm fishing with other people who use the same equipment as I am using, I usually am the only one who never catches a fish. :mad2:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleMankey
Male
    #10375904 - 05/21/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Haha. That's how I used to be. Are you a smoker? Do you use sunscreen or bug spray before you touch your lures?

Offlinerhizomorphic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10375907 - 05/21/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I find it helpful to try different delivery and speeds, depending on the temperature conditions etc. one would be surprised the results of experimenting with retrieval speeds, of course assuming you're using lures

--------------------

InvisibleMankey
Male
    #10375919 - 05/21/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thats definitely true. If you're fishing for predator fish like pike/bass, they usually like faster reeling speeds. I've also found that the size/color of your hardware (swivels/leaders) seems to matter.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10375920 - 05/21/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mankey said:
Haha. That's how I used to be. Are you a smoker? Do you use sunscreen or bug spray before you touch your lures?

I smoke occasionally, like a pack every three weeks or so, if that. I smoke weed whenever I can get my hands on it. Does smoking affect fishing somehow?

I never wear sunscreen or bug spray.

Quote:

rhizomorphic said:
I find it helpful to try different delivery and speeds, depending on the temperature conditions etc. one would be surprised the results of experimenting with retrieval speeds, of course assuming you're using lures

I just don't understand the whole dynamic of fishing; what more is there to it than putting some bait on a hook, and casting your line? :justdontknow:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineMkUltra117
The Man with The Plan
Male User Gallery

#10375927 - 05/21/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

was fishing with my dad this past weekend, i caught 2 large mouth bass about 3 lbs a piece, a pike but it wasnt too big, and a nice size bluegill. my dads got a ranger bass boat with a mariner 150 on it, the boat flys, we've hit about 75-80mph in it :laugh:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: MkUltra117]
    #10375929 - 05/21/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Does anybody have any advice on how to catch fish at a beach?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleMankey
Male
    #10375938 - 05/21/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I smoke about a pack a day and I've noticed that when I smoke and handle my bait without washing my hands off, I seem to have much, much worse luck. I'm almost positive there is a correlation. Fish don't like sunscreen or bug spray either. You should try taking your lures (ones that look like the fish's prey) and leaving them in a container with a bunch of ground up whatever they eat for a couple days. I bet you'll have some luck.

OfflineOogieBoogie
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10375944 - 05/21/09 12:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

Mankey said:

I smoke occasionally, like a pack every three weeks or so, if that. I smoke weed whenever I can get my hands on it. Does smoking affect fishing somehow?

I never wear sunscreen or bug spray.

Quote:

rhizomorphic said:

I just don't understand the whole dynamic of fishing; what more is there to it than putting some bait on a hook, and casting your line? :justdontknow:

smoking makes it that much better especially when you get a hit on the line while inhaling lol !
i like to use rubberworms for the bass around here they seem to love em especially motor oil !

InvisibleMankey
Male
    #10375945 - 05/21/09 12:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Does anybody have any advice on how to catch fish at a beach?

It's important that you reel in as parallel as you can to the direction of the waves. A lot of times, the fish won't swim toward the shore when they're that close.

Quote:

smoking makes it that much better especially when you get a hit on the line while inhaling lol !
i like to use rubberworms for the bass around here they seem to love em especially motor oil !

I love it just as much as the next guy, but I always rinse my hands before handling my lures.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Mankey]
    #10375950 - 05/21/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I definitely don't smoke enough for it to make my hands constantly smell like it...

I will try out your advice someday, thanks! :thumbup:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies