Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
minnesotas senator murdered?
    #992441 - 10/25/02 11:45 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

democrat paul wellstone was against the war on iraq, he was leading in the senate re-election race by 6 points. republicans might haved offed him.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: minnesotas senator murdered? [Re: CleverName]
    #992646 - 10/25/02 01:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

He's the second Democrat in recent years to die in a plane crash right before a close senate election. The last was Mel Carnahan, who was running against John Ashcroft in the 2000 election in Missouri. Carnahan's name wasn't taken off the ballot and he wound up beating Ashcroft, with his wife taking the seat in his place. (Yes, our current Attorney General couldn't even manage to beat a dead man in a statewide senate election).

There is no doubt that light planes in general are death traps, not to mention that this one was making an approach in light snow and freezing rain--there might have been icing problems on one of the aerodynamic surfaces. Things like that happen all the time. That's the case AGAINST conspiracy.

On the other hand, it's rather suspcious that this happened TEN days before the election. It's also true that sabotaging light aircraft is child's play. Doing it in such a way that it doesn't get caught during the preflight check, makes the plane go down an hour or so into the flight, and doesn't get discovered in a post-crash investigation is rather more difficult, but certainly not impossible. Light aircraft are very fragile, vulnerable machines. One of the easiest ways to sabotage them is to screw around with flight indicators such as the altimeter, the airspeed indicator, and the attitude indicator (the one that shows whether you're pointing up or down or banking left or right). Since visibility was bad during the landing approach, the pilots were landing using Instrument Flight Rules (IFR). That means that they were relying exclusively on their flight instruments to tell them where they were, where they were going, how fast, etc. They had little or no reference to visual cues outside the plane. Under such circumstances, any problem with the flight instruments will almost inevitably lead to a crash.

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: minnesotas senator murdered? [Re: EchoVortex]
    #992704 - 10/25/02 01:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A faulty attitude indicator was what caused the Carnahan crash:

(AP) A federal probe of the plane crash that killed Gov. Mel Carnahan found that his pilot son, Randy, grew disoriented and lost control of the Cessna 335, in part because the key instrument guiding him through darkness, rain and fog malfunctioned.

The National Transportation Safety Board on Wednesday issued its final word on the probable cause of the crash, saying the pilot failed to control the twin-engine aircraft because he was disoriented. The instrument failure and turbulent weather also contributed to the accident, NTSB said.

The plane crashed Oct. 16, 2000, into wooded hills south of St. Louis, killing the governor, his son and aide Chris Sifford. Since then, investigators have focused on the main instrument Randy Carnahan used to navigate the stormy skies: the primary attitude indicator.

Also called the artificial horizon, the attitude indicator reports a plane's position in the air, telling whether a plane is banking and whether the nose is high or low. NTSB investigators concluded that the primary attitude indicator "was not displaying properly at the time of impact," although they could not determine what caused the malfunction.

"They could not determine what caused the malfunction."

That one sentence speaks volumes.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #994105 - 10/26/02 12:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That wrestler governor will probaby appoint another wrestler to be senator. Jerry The King Lawler cold be the new MN senator!  :shocked: 

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #994460 - 10/26/02 08:35 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

When I heard this on the radio my first thought was:
"How long will it take some bozo to make a conspiracy post about this"

Apparently not too long at all.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: minnesotas senator murdered? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #994722 - 10/26/02 12:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I guess thats what the conspiritors have going for them eh?

Anonymous

#995016 - 10/26/02 04:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I thought the same thing.

However it will not profit the Repubs very much. Look at how the Carnahan fiasco worked out.

I am always up for a good conspiracy but this just doesn't have the makings of one.

And as I am sure you all are aware by now it will be a Democrat appointee, probably Mondale.

And the hits just keep on coming.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #995644 - 10/26/02 09:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

it was the republicans....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

#995702 - 10/26/02 09:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

humm, I might have to cross jurisdiction and investigate

OfflineCleverName

#996503 - 10/27/02 09:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

When I heard this on the radio my first thought was:
"How long will it take some bozo to make a conspiracy post about this"

quick to judge, slow to comprehend.
i posted "republicans might haved offed him"
hell, i even used the word might, so how is that a conspiracy theory?

p.s.-bozo

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #996517 - 10/27/02 10:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

might - sounds like a theory to me..

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #996582 - 10/27/02 10:44 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Might have IS a theory.

Apparently you fail to comprehend.

Main Entry: the?o?ry
Pronunciation: 'thE-&-rE, 'thi(-&)r-E
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ries
Etymology: Late Latin theoria, from Greek theOria, from theOrein
Date: 1592
1 : the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
2 : abstract thought : SPECULATION
3 : the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art
4 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances -- often used in the phrase in theory
5 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena
6 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b : an unproved assumption : CONJECTURE c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject
synonym see HYPOTHESIS

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (10/27/02 01:47 PM)

OfflineCleverName

#997082 - 10/27/02 02:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

oh, you got me, your right....shit my conspiracy theory didnt take off i guess. well, what can i say except your mighty anal

--------------------

this is the purpose

Anonymous

#997639 - 10/27/02 06:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i'm glad someone adressed this... today i listened to an interveiw of Blase Bonpane, author of a great book "Guerrillas of Peace On the Air" on pacifca station wbai earlier today... he suggested an investigation needs to be done...

of course, even if this is the case, how can something like this ever be proven? brutally tough to prove i would imagine... and i would bet the ranch anyone getting close to presenting evidence would: 1) never be allowed an audience or 2) if the evidence is compelling, meet a similar fate...

it's very easy to dismiss conspiracies... but i for one will be keeping an eye on this one... it will be interesting to see what role jesse "the body" ventura plays in all of this as it unfolds...

i would highly recommend visiting their website from time to time: http://www.officeoftheamericas.org/

Edited by mycotao (10/27/02 06:59 PM)

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: minnesotas senator murdered? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1037177 - 11/08/02 05:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

More bozos out there printin stuff on the net.

What suckers. No one would murder for money or power, no one would use murder as a way of stopping political opposition.

Just like JFK. He was murdered by some communist. All those bozos like Oliver Stone need a shrink. Damn conpiricy theorists. Everything's clean and pure in the USA.

http://www.straightgoods.ca/ViewFeature.cfm?REF=720
http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=14399

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Anonymous

Re: minnesotas senator murdered? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1037641 - 11/08/02 09:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

u r a reallllly realllly smart person... ur right ... no one with real power would ever manipulate events... wanna share what it is ur smoking son?  :wink: 

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: minnesotas senator murdered? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1038454 - 11/09/02 06:28 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Good links, carbonhoots. Of course, we'll never know for sure.

Offlinedickdeadly
rælity

Loc: in my mind
    #1040126 - 11/10/02 12:35 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

democrat paul wellstone was against the war on iraq,

you have to realize that the iraq resolution has already been passed and BUSH can ATTACK ANYTIME HE WANTS TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Character is how you act when you think no one is watching

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder