Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChronic_Toker
Stranger
Psyclobe Beaocystis?
    #1037009 - 11/08/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think I may have found some Psyclobe Beaocystis. I found them on a rainy day and they look exactly like the description says except that the cap is a little lighter and more pointed and the gills are slimy, but I think that may be because I found them in the rain. I found them in southern California near the coast in the grass in some apartments(not on the beach) I don't have any pics but I tryed a little sample(just a tiny piece of the cap) and it had no tase at all. I'm doing a spore print right now and I'll tell you the results when they come in. I belive they grew very fast and in large clusters. Please help me! BTW I've never shroomed before and I feel a little different after sampling it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psyclobe Beaocystis? [Re: Chronic_Toker]
    #1037046 - 11/08/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmmmmmmm....  in SoCal?

I highy dout that they are going to grow down there.

They are a Pac NW mushroom! Don't eat that thing, whatever it is. It also does NOT grow from lawns, its a wood lover..

You do not have Psilocybe baeocystis...do a search for it on google, and spell it right. :smile:

OfflineChronic_Toker
Stranger
Re: Psyclobe Beaocystis? [Re: angryshroom]
    #1037076 - 11/08/02 04:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

psilocybe_baeocystis10.jpg
410 x 257 pixels - 40k
www.erowid.org/.../mushrooms/safe-pik/ p_baeocystis10.shtml

Look at the picture when u search for those kind on images they look like mine do

Edited by Chronic_Toker (11/08/02 04:42 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1037141 - 11/08/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I dont see your picture.

Once again, to the untrained eye, they may look similar, but, you will NOT find them in socal....especially on a lawn.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1037147 - 11/08/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

LATIN NAME(S) Psilocybe baeocystis Singer & Smith
ENGLISH NAME(S) potent Psilocybe, baeos, knobby tops
NOTES most easily recognized by its whitish cap when dry, other features include hygrophanous olive-brown to buff-brown viscid striate cap, flesh that stains blue when cut, adnate to sinuate close gills that are grayish to dark cinnamon brown, becoming dark purplish gray with pallid edges, pallid to brownish stem which bruises or becomes blue-green, farinaceous odor and taste, growth on decaying conifer wood or woody material, and microscopic characters; Guzman says may be synonymous with aztecorum; common throughout PNW
CAP 1.5-5.5cm, conical with incurved margin, expanding to convex or (in extreme age) flat, margin distinctly wavy when convex; hygrophanous, olive- to buff-brown, (occasionally steel-blue), becoming copper brown in center when drying, fading to pallid white, bruising and aging greenish-blue about margin; sticky with usually separable pellicle, translucent striate
FLESH yellowish brown in cap, brownish orange in stem, staining blue when cut
GILLS adnate to sinuate, close, broad; grayish to dark cinnamon brown, becoming dark purplish-gray, with the edges pallid
STEM 5-7cm x 0.15-0.3cm, equal to somewhat equal, brittle, stuffed with loose fibers; pallid to brownish surface sometimes covered with small whitish fibrils, while often more yellowish toward top, bruising or becoming blue-green; distinct rhizomorphs around stem base
VEIL partial veil thinly cortinate becoming rapidly inconspicuous
ODOR weakly to strongly farinaceous
TASTE weakly to strongly farinaceous
EDIBILITY hallucinogenic, 0.15-0.85% psilocybin, up to 0.59% psilocin, up to 0.10% baeocystin, losing considerable potency from drying or in damage
HABITAT solitary to gregarious to somewhat tufted on decaying conifer mulch, in wood chips, decayed wood, decaying moss, lawns with high lignin content, seed cones of Douglas-fir, fall to early winter or rarely spring
SPORE DEPOSIT dark purplish
MICROSCOPIC spores 10-13 x 6.3-7 microns, elliptic, smooth, with pore at tip, cheilocystidia present 20-30(40) x 4.5-6(9) microns, wider in middle with narrow neck, pleurocystidia absent except near edge of gill
NAME ORIGIN name refers to comparatively shorter cheilocystidia (Greek baio means small)
SIMILAR to cyanescens but with less copious veil and more conical cap that is usually olive-brown when young, (Lincoff(2) says cyanescens has broad umbonate cap with wavy margin and baeocystis not wavy), like strictipes which has long brittle straight stem
SOURCES Lincoff(2)*, Stamets*, Guzman
FAMILY Strophariaceae of Order Agaricales

Offlineviscid
dikaryon
I'm a teapot

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #1037157 - 11/08/02 05:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

SAMPLING IS STUPID.  NO TINY SAMPLE WILL GIVE YOU DISCERNABLE EFFECTS ANYWAY.  DONT SAMPLE.  taste is a different thing, which involves spitting it out.  besides, you haven't given us any description that would be useful. please fulfill your obligation to provide us with adequate info before posting.
now
depending on conditions, i think maybe baeo's might fruit in your area.
MIGHT.  i dont think it has been found that far south before.  but possible...i guess.
prolly not.

hey angry, baeo's have been found on many a lawn.  in fact, thats where some folks hunt for them.  it's all about the woody mess  under the lawn.

oh, chronic, by the way, if your mushroom didn't bruise blue, the chances are close to zero that it would be baeocystis.
:tongue:

--------------------
You do not know me.

You can't see me.

Offlineviscid
dikaryon
I'm a teapot

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #1037164 - 11/08/02 05:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

HABITAT solitary to gregarious to somewhat tufted on decaying conifer mulch, in wood chips, decayed wood, decaying moss, lawns with high lignin content , seed cones of Douglas-fir, fall to early winter or rarely spring

--------------------
You do not know me.

You can't see me.

OfflineChronic_Toker
Stranger
Re: Psyclobe Beaocystis? [Re: viscid]
    #1037305 - 11/08/02 06:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I guess not because the spore print was brown

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1037385 - 11/08/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to disappoint you ANgry Shroom but P. baeocystis is a lawn mushroom originally from pasture lands which also happens to spread and fruit well in alder, wilow and other mixed conifers woodchips and bark mulckh in association with certain plants the same way Cyanescens does. And P. cyanescens is also know to cross over and emerge in lawns. y lawn page link at my site is not currently opening up so i posted a url to one picture linked at my sight and posted a secon and the other decription above is excellent for describing this species. mjThere are pictures at my site of P. baeocysits in the lawns however my posting limit is gone for the day so here is the uRL for the Lawn Baeocystis ,ushrooms.

http://mushroomjohn.com/species22.htm cover page with descriptions

and the lawn page url. there are also a page on bluing in the specie sand also on woodchip varities and vriations.

However the link on my site needs to be corrected. The page is not coming up it shows up as the asme as the page on the woodchip varities bit go ahead and look at the url I posted above here to see them in the lawn.

Here is an image from a lawn

mj

Someone just emailed me a letter saying they found them in Georgia, but aain it is impossible. They are a fall mushroom in coleer climats although they do fruit from mid July to September in Lawns and then from September to December in woodchips.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (11/08/02 07:28 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psyclobe Beaocystis? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1037623 - 11/08/02 09:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

WEll I was saying that they wouldnt fruit off a lawn in socal... I read and seen them in lawns but, i was trying to express my feelings on that there is almost no way you iwll find them there.

but who knows.

PLease post more information toker.

OfflineChronic_Toker
Stranger
    #1041253 - 11/10/02 03:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well doesn't matter now, I had them all in a grocery bag under my bed and they all melted into some kind of liquid(I know nothing about shrooms so I don't know if that's supposed to happen) so I threw them out.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1041400 - 11/10/02 04:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, then they were not baeo's. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies