Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Re: I Can't Wait Till The Drug War Becomes a Real War... [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #10365913 - 05/19/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You guys expect too much, he's the first black president. He can't just legalize weed, we have enough racist rednecks who hate him because he's black, if he legalized that those loonies would go really apeshit. I am pretty sure though he is laying the ground for it.

But I am pretty sure it will be legal or decriminalized federally in ten years seeing as there is a real war brewing on the mexican border. It's not going to go away. It's been going on for 2 decades. It's just getting to the point now that they are so rich and powerful from our stupid laws that they don't give a fuck they have better weapons than we do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDesos
Stranger

Re: I Can't Wait Till The Drug War Becomes a Real War... [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #10366463 - 05/19/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i agree.  we can't just look to obama to fix all our problems.  it sucks that the government has so much to deal with right now so the drug issue is kind of getting shafted.  but maybe that is helping.  i really doubt that medical marijuana would have made the advances it has made so far if the government didn't have a million other things on their agenda.  but really it shouldn't even matter how many things are on the agenda -- there is no excuse for denying our freedoms.

back during the women's rights movement hundreds of women began a protest out infront of the whitehouse.  when they were arrested, more women just stepped up and took their place.  when they got arrested, more women stepped up.  the government had no choice but to acknowledge them.

i think that if we got literally thousands if not tens of thousands of people together and marched on the whitehouse or the mall in a peaceful protest, and all just toked up right there, it might make a difference.  it would be nearly impossible to arrest 10 thousand people at once.  we would probably need someone to give a speech as well.  we could inform the media right beforehand so the event was highly publicised, once the word got out i am sure more would join.  even if this event wasn't the end-all be all, it would definitely get the ball rolling.  you get enough people in the right place at the right time and it can change the world.

the only issue i forsee with this would be that the government would just send in the riot police and disperse the crowds.  so we would have to make it very clear that we were not rioting, but protesting.  then when it did happen the government would end up looking like the monster that it is.  it would get an incredibly bad reputation for attacking nonviolent protestors.

we need to be noticed and make a stand, while at the same time not appearing as a threat to the societal structures that already exist.  the problem is that the societal structures that exist now DO need to be torn down and rebuilt.  there is a reason the economy is in the state it is in.  we need to send a clear message that we want our freedoms and fundamental rights as human beings, and not sound like a bunch of high asses.

--------------------
I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection.

Edited by Desos (05/19/09 08:36 PM)

OfflineMrHankyTheXmsPoo
Tripper
Male

Re: I Can't Wait Till The Drug War Becomes a Real War... [Re: Desos]
    #10368644 - 05/20/09 08:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with Desos... mad props to that idea.  I would be at that protest front and center :rasta:

--------------------
If a firefighters business can go up in smoke, and a plumbers business can go down the drain, can a hooker get layed off?

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
    #10368666 - 05/20/09 08:39 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Desos said:i think that if we got literally thousands if not tens of thousands of people together and marched on the whitehouse or the mall

OfflineDesos
Stranger

Re: I Can't Wait Till The Drug War Becomes a Real War... [Re: wellage]
    #10368784 - 05/20/09 09:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i would organise it, but i think i would need atleast another year or two before i would be ready.  i would love to give a speech infront of the lincoln memorial.  i could make references to the revolutionary war, the civil war, martin luther king, civil rights, women's rights.  it would be epic.

but then of course there is a pretty good chance that i would get assasinated if i actually got up infront of a crowd like that.  so i don't really know what kind of precautions would need to be taken.

--------------------

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
    #10368791 - 05/20/09 09:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineDesos
Stranger

Re: I Can't Wait Till The Drug War Becomes a Real War... [Re: wellage]
    #10368797 - 05/20/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yea, two dozen isn't going to do anything.  we would need tens of thousands, and live media coverage.

--------------------

Edited by Desos (05/20/09 09:28 AM)

OfflineNarttram
Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany
Re: I Can't Wait Till The Drug War Becomes a Real War... [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #10368876 - 05/20/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CidneyIndole said:
  I believe that information--honest education of the public--is key.

QFT
I think the best everyone can do is just spread the information in a friendly and believable way. And of course be an accomplished respectable person. One of the worst problems is the general "violent criminal drug user" image, and you certainly wont get rid of this via viplent protests, but via education.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains