Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesaltyroy
peeled baby boy
Psilocybe cubensis first timer 2 CRUCIAL QUESTIONS
    #1036850 - 11/08/02 03:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hi, I am using this little tray plastic bag kit, the shroomies have been growing for a few weeks now. I have two questions. First, is white fuzz all over the shroom stalks/ stems common or is that another fungus or mold over/ on them? It is just white furry covering, no other colors. I made the mistake of using tap water from my tub faucet for the initial spraying/ watering of the shrooms, I didn't not over water them or drench them, yet maybe it was the water being not clean/ spring water?

Second, if you pick shrooms before the caps open up, before the veils rupture, are they still active and safe to eat? Do the stems contain everything but just less potent or not at all?

I've been trying to read up in books and online on this site, want to get more into shrooms.

Anyone out there and not busy, please let me know about the white fuzz and the immature consumption questions. Thanks

--------------------
Rainy day mushroom pillow
Colors brown green orange and yellow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Psilocybe cubensis first timer 2 CRUCIAL QUEST [Re: saltyroy]
    #1036872 - 11/08/02 03:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The fuzzy white stuff on the shrooms is most likely just mycellium. From what I understand it is caused by too much humidity. I use tap water so I don't think that is a problem.

The answer to your second question is that they are active from the second they start growing and yes they are safe to eat at every stage. Potentcy is about the same throughout the shroom.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinegompyre
Evil

Loc: In the Darkness
Re: Psilocybe cubensis first timer 2 CRUCIAL QUESTIONS [Re: saltyroy]
    #1036879 - 11/08/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The stuff on the stems sounds like mycellium growing on them.
If you pick them before the veil ruptures you can still eat them, and yes there still active.

--------------------
Oh, no Tears Please -- It's a waste of Good Suffering.

Edited by gompyre (11/08/02 03:42 PM)

Offlinemyco_holic
mycologicalexplorer
Loc: SoCal
    #1036882 - 11/08/02 03:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

1.) the white fuzz just means your humidity is a little high...however you are doing your air exchanges, do them more often.

2.) just wait a couple of days for the vail to break....

3.) if you really had been reading up you would have found the answers to your question in no time....I dont mean to sound mean when i say it but use the search..or even better read the faq....I applaude your first grow...congrats....now im going to make love to my g/f

--------------------
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Jack Handey.

Offlinegompyre
Evil

Loc: In the Darkness
Re: Psilocybe cubensis first timer 2 CRUCIAL QUESTIONS [Re: gompyre]
    #1036884 - 11/08/02 03:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Damn you bet me to it..

--------------------
Oh, no Tears Please -- It's a waste of Good Suffering.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1036917 - 11/08/02 03:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Psilocybe cubensis first timer 2 CRUCIAL QUESTIONS [Re: gompyre]
    #1037786 - 11/08/02 10:21 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

whether the veil is intact or broken has no proven relevance to the potency of cubensis mushrooms

--------------------

OfflineCoolMojo
Imagination iswhat you make ofit
Folding@home Statistics
    #1037807 - 11/08/02 10:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The white stuff isn't a contam don't worry.

Tap water isn't the greatest but its ok. The main problem is actually not so much contams as it is the fact that most tap water is clorinated. Basically your drinking water with alittle bleech to kill shit and keep the water safe. Bleach isn't all that great for shrooms. humans have adapted over the years to take in alittle clorine without any harm. Mushrooms haven't.

The stems and the cap are equally active. They contain the same amount of psilicybin so eat the whole shroom and if you really want to get the most out of your grow, look into how to ingest the mycelium which also contains psyilicybin.

Hope this helps, please ignore any spelling errors as I kant speal wirth sheet

Offlinesaltyroy
peeled baby boy
Re: Psilocybe cubensis first timer 2 CRUCIAL QUESTIONS [Re: CoolMojo]
    #1042904 - 11/11/02 09:01 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks everyone for taking the time out to explain things and not totally scolding me. I didn't know the term for the white fuzz, I am very new and learning, I will read up lots. Sorry to sound so ignorant. I'm ready for the fantastic and fun-filled world of shrooms.

--------------------
Rainy day mushroom pillow
Colors brown green orange and yellow

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate