Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesnapfizzle92
Stranger
 User Gallery
what happens if i inject inside of the substrate? may have accidentally
    #10367061 - 05/19/09 10:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

looks like i mightve accidentally done it for a few of my jars cause theres small signs of colonization on the outside and its been 2 weeks but for some reason the substrate looks like it could be white on the inside because it appears lighter. is this the reason they arent showing colonization yet? idkkk??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnwayne
Stranger

Loc: 8200 ft
Re: what happens if i inject inside of the substrate? may have accidentally [Re: snapfizzle92]
    #10367082 - 05/19/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

how big are your jars? they'll come, sounds like they are colonizing.....also i see no reason injecting the spore solution towards the glass or center will affect growth, since neither application changes the substrate.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: what happens if i inject inside of the substrate? may have accidentally [Re: johnwayne]
    #10367108 - 05/19/09 10:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Injecting at the edge is recomended so that you see growth as soon as it starts, if something is contaminated you see it right away, rather than it colinise its way through the substrate then appear much later. If you inject into the substrate you just see it much later. It wont effect colinisation time. You just sit waiting longer to see whats happening.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineScukels
Stranger

Re: what happens if i inject inside of the substrate? may have accidentally [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10367332 - 05/19/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I like to make my first inoculation site near the glass, for the above reason of watching for contams, and then I make a second inoculation site inside the cake. I do that because I like to think the myce. grows faster in all directions, instead of being limited by the glass barrier. I don't know if my logic makes sense or not.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds