Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Honey water spore syringes [Re: rhizo]
    #1049322 - 11/13/02 12:44 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You would be making light gravy or soup.  :crazy: Whatever you use. It should be clear. Or, as close to clear, as possible. 6T  :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWebMycelium
Phish Phiend

Loc: Farmhouse
Re: Honey water spore syringes [Re: rhizo]
    #1049592 - 11/13/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You can use Karo as well. It helps keep the solution clear so you can spot the contams if they hit. Just use 1 level teaspoon per 100ml of of water pc for 20 mins lets cool inject 1cc spore solution and bam in about ten days you got lot of inoc. Also check this link it is an awsome little tek using nutritional yeast Visions tek

--------------------
mycelium: (pl. mycelia, adj. mycelial)
Mass of hyphae constituting the body (thallus) of a fungus

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: Honey water spore syringes [Re: SixTango]
    #1050944 - 11/13/02 10:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking like a gram of brf to 300 ml. I don't think this would have the consistency of gravy. However, it wouldn't be a clear solution. Is there a need to allow for air exchange while incubating mycelial solutions?

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Offlinelvleph
mathematicalidiot

Re: Honey water spore syringes *DELETED* [Re: SixTango]
    #1050967 - 11/13/02 10:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by lvleph

--------------------
"Man was born free and is every where in chains."

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Honey water spore syringes [Re: lvleph]
    #1051001 - 11/13/02 10:56 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

LOL........... Look at the pic. I..........erughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ......... the raccoon just goes by feel. I would guess about a pint. That leaves some AIR space in the jar.

6T  :wink:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Honey water spore syringes [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #1051120 - 11/13/02 11:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The syringe idea woud reduce the risk of contams, though, don't you think?  It's kind of the same idea with spore syringes.  Why not just keep spore solutions in 1/2 gallon jars and suck up when needed?  The reason is because if you do that and the jar is contaminated your f'ed.  A friend does something similar, but uses 50ml syringes.  Thats enough mycelia for alot of jars.  Wait a second, does anyone store spore solution in one place or jar?!  IF they do that blows my post to crap! :blush: 

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: Honey water spore syringes [Re: flawed]
    #1051152 - 11/13/02 11:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

hey 6t do you still use BRS?? thought you said you had alot of luck with it.. :smirk:
where did you get those cool filter patches?? dust mask?? my frends pet rock uses 3m micropore sergical tape with greate sucess.....i told him bout the BRS tek of yours i found way back in the day and he still hasnt tried it.....dont know why.

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

Edited by IDontGrow (11/13/02 11:36 PM)

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Honey water spore syringes [Re: IDontGrow]
    #1052056 - 11/14/02 09:53 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

For those who do not know .........BRS = Brown Rice Syrup.

And, yes. I use it. But, for newbies, additives like BRS, and/or other nutes going into a soak of WBS (Wild Bird Seed) spawn just complicates the matter. Adding one more thing that can go wrong. If you add to much.

When just starting out. It is BETTER to keep it SIMPLE.

WBS alone works GREAT. But, a little added BRS makes it even better.

6T  :tongue: 

--------------------

OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Loc: intermolecular travel
    #1053662 - 11/14/02 07:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I really like the idea of using syringes to germinate the spores instead of a jar... man, in about a week, you could easily have 100 syringes ready to inoculate, all from a single spore syringe...

Here's what im thinkin.... take 1 L of water. bring to boil for 10 mins. drop in dextrose, enough to make it a 4% solution... u can do the math. Let boil for like 2 more minutes. Suck up as many syringes full of this stuff as you want, the same way you would make a plain water syringe sterile. REmember only fill em up 9cc .. I'd advize you put a small metal ball or peice of glass in each syringe before you suck up the water, just so u can adjetate the mycelium once its grown. make sure the needle doesnt get clogged by whatever u put in there though.. let yur sterile dextrose syringes cool in the freezer or somethin.. Next, take yur SPORE syringe, in a glovebox or whatever u think is sterile, squirt all 10cc of spores into a shot glass. Take yur dextrose water syringes, and suck up 1cc of the spores into each. Place in dark at temp 84 F until u see chunks of white. Repeat this proceedure with all 10 of yur syringes once they colonize, that makes 100 syringes. pretty sweet. what to do with all of em..... i dunno, just make 20.
Im gonna try this as soon as i can find a drug store with big empty syringes.. maybe i'll try to do this with 50cc syringes, or maybe even bigger. You could innoculate soo many jars for cheap, then spawn em all with straw... thats alot of straw.
peace

--------------------
"cus it aint gonna be like you think it is - thats the one thing you can take to the bank." - Terance mckenna

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Honey water spore syringes [Re: DrJoseph]
    #1054501 - 11/15/02 01:23 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Doc, you should learn agar isolates, then G2G transfers. Then, you will have primo spawn out the gazoo. Screw multispore syringes.........unless you don't believe in selective breeding to refine your stock...... 6T  :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Loc: intermolecular travel
    #1056158 - 11/15/02 02:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

no money for agar, and it just doesnt seem like the easiest way to do things.. i like the old fashioned stuff, rye grains to poop and straw work quite alright.  Im just saying... 20 quart jars of rye spawn make 20 straw spawn  bags and maybe some poop in there, each of those turn into a casing of some sort.. thats 20 trays for the price of straw (free) poop (free) rye (around 10$).  jars and spawn bags are reusable.. rye can be transfered from jar to jar to make more spawn, no need for syringes once u have the setup started.  And if you have a good strain, i see no need for the introduction of agar. 

The reason why i made the post above, is because i've got 40 quart jars of sterilized substrate, and only 2 syringes of different strains.  Well, i wanted all 40 jars to be one strain, so i picked gulf coast, as it was the dark syringe. how to make 1 syringe get all 40 jars started at once?  The dextrose water syringe seems like the perfect answere to me.  Once my 40 jars are done colonizing, i'll spawn 36 of them with poo straw, and use the other 4 to innoculate a new batch of jars.  It will work, there is no way it cant. :smile:  I've worked with straw before, so it shouldnt be a problem.

peace

--------------------
"cus it aint gonna be like you think it is - thats the one thing you can take to the bank." - Terance mckenna

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale