Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
Anyone know how to test soil ph?
    #1036113 - 11/08/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am trying to find out how to test soil ph for one of my "other" growing endevors, and i turned first to our community. Any feedback, or links would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance, long live the shroomery  :grin: 

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Anyone know how to test soil ph? [Re: Floydseamus]
    #1036143 - 11/08/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes , there is a way .
Go to a nursery(Home De Pot , and Lowes may have them ) , ask for soil test kits , most of them only test nutrient levels(potash, nitrogen , etc...) , but if you look or ask , you can get the ones that also do PH , I think they cost about 15$ .
:cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
    #1036163 - 11/08/02 12:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Excellent guys... thank you very much for the info. You've furthered my grow  :wink: 

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1036272 - 11/08/02 12:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A pH tester probe from Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware (under $20 usualy) is also a GREAT thing to have, to test pH of any casing mix you make. A small worthwhile investment :wink:, to insure your casing pH is good, rather than WAY OFF :crazy:.

6T  :wink: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
    #1036277 - 11/08/02 12:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think pet stores also have these. They are used to test the ph in fish tank. They should work the same. The test stripes are the cheapest, but they wont tell you what ph its at, just if its acidic or base... basic? wtf do u call it.. base-like?

OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Re: Anyone know how to test soil ph? [Re: ExtravagantDream]
    #1036291 - 11/08/02 12:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

when you water your plan.. ehhh,,, mushrooms, ,hihi,, check the runoff of water with the use of an aquarium ph test kit.. works very well,,

ps: Make sure the water you use is a neutral 7, and then check again after it has gone thru your pot at the bottom!

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds