Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL]
    #10362710 - 05/19/09 03:59 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Law Enforcement: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid After Firing on Officers
May 15, 2009 - Drug War Chronicle

A 77-year-old Foley, Alabama man was shot and killed during a pre-dawn raid by police officers with a search warrant for marijuana. Robert Woods had emerged from a rear bedroom holding a gun and fired once, wounding one police officer. Four other officers returned fire, killing the homeowner.

Arrested in the raid was Woods' son, Michael Woods, 51, who had been the raid's target. Woods had told an undercover investigator he had a large quantity of marijuana, resulting in the search warrant served during the fatal raid. It is not clear how much marijuana was seized. Michael Woods shared the home with his parents.

In the police version of events, officers knocked on the door, then announced they were entering the house, then entered the house yelling "Police! Search warrant!" Then they detained Michael Woods and his mother before a man came out of the bedroom holding a handgun. Officers shouted for Woods to drop the gun, but he fired, striking Officer Randy Stillworth. The other officers then fired back, killing Woods. That version of events has not been corroborated by witnesses.

In the comment section of the article linked to above, a person who identifies herself as Wood's granddaughter had this to say: "He and my grandmother survived being robbed at gunpoint in their home in McCalla, Alabama. He also survived a horrible accident when the golf cart he was driving, working as a security guard, lost control and went up under an eighteen wheeler. He had to have brain surgery to remove a tumor due to that accident. Now, let me set the scene for y'all. For one, he didn't have his hearing aids in. Secondly, he didn't have his glasses on. Thirdly, what the hell would y'all do if you give his history, if all of sudden you where woken by a loud boom?!?!?!? You would grab the nearest object that you have by your bed. And seeing that we all live in Alabama, you either have a baseball bat or a gun. So, he grabs his gun and goes running towards the sound of the boom, all he sees is a figure moving in his home!!! Now, Mike sold to an undercover the night before in the driveway and says he has a large supply in the house. People, it was 4 small bags of pot. My paw-paw lost his life for 4 small bags of pot."

Foley Police have called in the Alabama Bureau of Investigation, as is standard with police shootings. They will be assisted by the Baldwin County District Attorney's Office and the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office, he said. Meanwhile, the officers involved in the shooting are on administrative leave.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: veggie]
    #10362722 - 05/19/09 04:15 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you Obama.  Another death on your hands for refusing to do anything to end insane prohibition.  Ruining lives for doing the same thing you did before you became president.  A cowardly bigot we can believe in.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: Seuss]
    #10362776 - 05/19/09 04:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

:mad2:

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: orison]
    #10362794 - 05/19/09 05:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

OfflineLoWgRoW
Strange
Male User Gallery

Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #10362835 - 05/19/09 05:28 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It is sad that this shit still goes on!!! WTF?

Just proves the sh*theads in D.C. are all the same. F'in politicans. WHERE IS THE CHANGE? The are full of it.

--------------------
Avoid negative people.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: LoWgRoW]
    #10363054 - 05/19/09 07:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Something has got to be done about these intrusive searches.

They are a danger to not only the dealers, but their families, police officers, and innocent civilians when mistakes are made.

Americans can't feel safe in our own homes because of the forces that should be protecting us.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #10363104 - 05/19/09 07:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

<<My paw-paw lost his life for 4 small bags of pot.>>

The fact he lost his life over any quantity of cannabis is simply unacceptable and extremely disgusting.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: SuperD]
    #10363293 - 05/19/09 08:14 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Sad story. I feel sorry for the family :sad:

OfflineIdeLOLogies
Strange

Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #10363756 - 05/19/09 10:39 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Another depressing article.
Too bad these aren't the ones getting more exposure.

--------------------
God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad.

Why does God give us anything?

Look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, it would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: IdeLOLogies]
    #10363997 - 05/19/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

An unfortunate incident- for the family, the man, and the officer.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#10364075 - 05/19/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thank you Obama.  Another death on your hands for refusing to do anything to end insane prohibition.  Ruining lives for doing the same thing you did before you became president.  A cowardly bigot we can believe in.

Yes I am sure Obama wants all the weed-heads in jail.  Thats why he chose a cop that is open to reform as the drug czar.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #10364101 - 05/19/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Yes I am sure Obama wants all the weed-heads in jail.  Thats why he chose a cop that is open to reform as the drug czar.

Where did seuss say anything about wanting every "weed-head" in jail?

He said the death was on obama's hands cuz he failed to do anything to end the war on people doing the same damn thing as him.  It wouldn't have mattered if marijuana was completely decriminalized- this shit could have still happened.  So it has nothing to do with desiring incarceration, it has everything to do with not stopping what he must recognize as wrong (unless he's a stupendously arrogant person).

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: johnm214]
    #10364112 - 05/19/09 12:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You expect too much from the president.  All presidents are evil, if you look at it that way we have a pretty good one.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #10364126 - 05/19/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This is precisely marijuana should be illegal!  The evil marijuana lead to this old man dying!!! 

:rolleyes:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: SuperD]
    #10364208 - 05/19/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:

The fact he lost his life over any quantity of cannabis is simply unacceptable and extremely disgusting.

Yes it is unacceptable and disturbing.  When will it end?  not soon enuf:sad:

Offlinepestilance2
Stranger

Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #10364413 - 05/19/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

wow, i never thought i would see something from my hometown. Fucking undercover cops, legalize it here. The cops from foley are very dirty, well at least the sheriffs from baldwin county, 4 pulled me over and took my ounce of orange kush and pipe and gave me no warning just drove off into lillian and smoked my shit. Im glad i didnt end up in jail but i was pissed as hell that they debo'ed my stash. I dont pray but if i see their family in town ill be sure to show my condolences for our community

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#10364746 - 05/19/09 03:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

Just blame the black man Seuss. It's all his fault.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

OfflineMoronicus
smokehousebacon.
Male

Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: LoWgRoW]
    #10367301 - 05/19/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:

QFT

Quote:

LoWgRoW said:
It is sad that this shit still goes on!!! WTF?

Just proves the sh*theads in D.C. are all the same. F'in politicans. WHERE IS THE CHANGE? The are full of it.

ive long realized, even before i was 10, that they just say stuff to pump us up, then we get disappointed, make obscene pictures, and post it on the shroomery forums. I would be surprised if we found a president that went through with what he said, then again..what kind of president would that make him in the eyes of the politicians? not a good one.

--------------------

BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH

A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

OfflineRitual
Spore Collecter
Male

Re: 77-Year-Old Man Killed in Marijuana Raid [AL] [Re: Moronicus]
    #10368736 - 05/20/09 09:04 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

RIP.

Man tried to protect his family.

He was a soldier in the war as far as Im concerned and deserves our respect.

Its harmless marijuana. 

Americans killing americans over that?  We actually think its acceptable to lock humans up in a cage for possessing and smoking a plant?  Legalize it.  I still wouldnt smoke it anyways but I wont have to read bullshit all the time of people being locked up or shot for it.

Out of control.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #10368874 - 05/20/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Obama or not, this dude shot at a cop, you can expect return fire ALWAYS.  Pretty sad but he doesn''t have to spend 20 years in the slammer from from age 77 to death.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals