Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheReckoning
:)
Some new liquid culture questions
    #10361449 - 05/18/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have a few liquid cultures going, one seems to be doing well, though I'm not sure 100% if it's mycelium growing in there (it's only been 24hrs). I'm not 100% sure they were properly sterilized, so I have a few more questions.

I do not have distilled water available, so I was thinking of boiling the water and filtering through a few coffee filters. Then, mix the honey and and filter through a few more new coffee filters. After, place in the correct jar and pressure cook. To my knowledge this seems to be a viable method for everything, but I'm not 100% sure.

I also have a question about pressure cooking my liquid culture medium. Should I pressure cook with the lid of my jar upside down, so the rubber faces up? I already have a small 12 guage hole for my syringe.

Thanks!

--------------------
A scapegoat, for all your insecurities. Excuse me; a hero; a man made god; for all your insecurities - Remembering Never

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Some new liquid culture questions [Re: TheReckoning]
    #10361468 - 05/18/09 09:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I use tapwater.
PC with the lids however you are comfortable.

You won't see anything for several days, and even then you won't see anything useful. So, do yourself a favor and don't look at the jars.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineMushyMan420
Mush Dr.
Male User Gallery

#10361474 - 05/18/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

sounds good but if you have a walmart or some type of large food store you should be able to get gals. of distilled water for about $0.88 each. but i see no reason ur filtering idea wouldn't work.

--------------------

"I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown." - Jim Morrison

"This is the strangest life I've ever known." - Jim Morrison

"Drugs are a bet with the mind." - Jim Morrison

OfflineTheReckoning
Re: Some new liquid culture questions [Re: MushyMan420]
    #10361688 - 05/18/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the help. :smile:

--------------------
A scapegoat, for all your insecurities. Excuse me; a hero; a man made god; for all your insecurities - Remembering Never

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #10361964 - 05/18/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I dont see any reason to use distiled water for LC. drinking quality tap water is fine, or use bottled spring water.

Distilled water is great for spore syringes.

24 hours is far to soon to see growth in a liquid culture, i have a liquid culture thats coming on 3 days and nothing yet.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineTheReckoning
Re: Some new liquid culture questions [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10361985 - 05/18/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well, it was a damn near crystal clear liquid culture medium before I inoculated, now it has stuff floating like a cloud, all of it looking the same. I inoculated with 2-3ccs of spore solution.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale