Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

WTF is going on?
    #10347744 - 05/16/09 08:13 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

A few months ago I made a post about how I knocked up like 24 BRF jars with multi-spores syringes from two different vendors and could not get any sines of growth.I will also mention again that I have grown mushrooms be for the same exact way with out any problems.
I was thinking that maybe I was not mixing the substrate properly so I ordered a rye bag from spore works and knocked it up with 6cc's from a syringes from one vendor and 1month later I still did not see any growth so I decided to knock up the bag a gain with a syringe from another vendor and ended up with the same results.
I gave up for like 4 months and left the rye bag in my closet,About a month ago I decided to call the vendor and get another 10 pack of the same species(I told the vendor they where dead)I proceeded to make 12 BRF jars and knocked them up.When I went to place the jars in the incubator I removed the 6 month old rye bag,and guess what?There was about a quarter jar size of mycelium growing.What I decided to do was break up the mycelium and make two small casings and take the rest and throw it off in some BRF jars instead of knocking the up.
Two weeks later the 12 jars I knocked up had zero signs of growth and the jars that I placed the mycelium in where fully colonized.So what I did was I took one jar and spawned 12 more jar with it and with the other jars I cased  and placed two cakes in the chamber.The weird thing is is that after 3 weeks I did not see any pinning or any evidence of fruiting?Whats the deal with that?After the next set of jars where complete I placed them in the chamber and the same shit occurred.Why is the mycelium not fruiting?
I am still wondering why I could not get any growth from knocking up BRF jars the same way I have done it 10 times be for and had great results.So to rule out the idea that the spores were dead I ordered an agar kit and Inoculated some petri dishes and they grow mycelium just fine.
Why is this happening?I have tried everything,last time I knocked up the BRF jars I did not put any alcohol on the neddle and barley flamed the tip.So WTF else could be the problem?
Sorry for the long and boring post but I am in a serious need for some answers.  Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Re: WTF is going on? [Re: DNBplus]
    #10347825 - 05/16/09 08:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You'll need to outline your entire procedure and where you got your syringes before anything can do anything besides pull guesses out of their ass.

--------------------
Spongiform's Plastic Tek - An Alternative to Glass
Spongi's PF Block Tek & Automated Shotgun Project.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: WTF is going on? [Re: Spongiform]
    #10347902 - 05/16/09 09:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

1)followed PF tek and made 12 jars

2)steamed for 1hr

3)allowed jars to cool for 12-24hrs

4)wiped needle with alcohol

5)flame sterilized and cooled down with alcohol wipe(I have also tried with out any alcohol)

6)knock jars up with 1cc of solution(no need to state where the spores came from,like I said I was able to achieve growth off the petri dishes,but it was a sponsor)

7)placed jars in  the incubator at 70-80 degrees

8)waited weeks and no sign of growth.

With the rye bag

1)wiped inoculation point with alcohol,flamed needle and inoculated bag with 5-6cc's

2)waited month no signs of growth

Offlinecreepyfreddy22
mister mystery
 User Gallery

#10347932 - 05/16/09 09:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

maybe the moisture content of those jars is wrong...

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: WTF is going on? [Re: creepyfreddy22]
    #10347950 - 05/16/09 09:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

if that was the case then why would the jars that I made the exact same way but instead of knocking the up with a spore syringe I place mycelium in the jars and they colonized completely within 2 weeks?This shit has me con fussed I do not know what is wrong.

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#10347957 - 05/16/09 09:52 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

this wont help but just assume that you had some shiesty spores.
and be glad that you got some to colonize.
-prismism

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: WTF is going on? [Re: prismism]
    #10347994 - 05/16/09 10:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I already made that assumption 6months ago and complained to the vendor and received 10 more new syringes and still have the same problem.

And how do you explain why the mycelium is not fruiting?My humidity is at 99% and my FAE is good.I am doing everything the same way I use to and then some more.

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#10348014 - 05/16/09 10:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DNBplus said:
I already made that assumption 6months ago and complained to the vendor and received 10 more new syringes and still have the same problem.

And how do you explain why the mycelium is not fruiting?My humidity is at 99% and my FAE is good.I am doing everything the same way I use to and then some more.

it can take a long time to fruit. 1-3 weeks even.
patience my friend.
-prismism

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: WTF is going on? [Re: prismism]
    #10348070 - 05/16/09 10:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Last time I waited a month in the chamber.I am not completely new at this.I understand it takes a while some times but I am working with the same strain that I have always worked with so I kind of have a good idea of what to expect.
One thing I was wondering is if the mycelium could be so weak and malnourished that it just will not fruit.Another thing is it also has trouble taking over the top casing layer even the littlest bit.
  thanks for all the suggestions I hope I am not coming off as being a dick I am just confused and frustrated with this.
  After the petri dishes came around on Monday I placed a few slices into some jars so I hope they will colonize and I hope I have better luck with them.

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
    #10348105 - 05/16/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's a tough one, sounds like you're doing everything about right.

I'd skip the incubator though.  You can leave your jars out on an open shelf or cabinet.  Incubator tends to cause problems because of overheating and trapping in dark, damp stale air which can cause contams and cause your jars to stall out.

Pic is a bit blurry, but I colonize all my stuff like this:

Working on setting up something a bit more economical, but you get the idea.

--------------------
Spongiform's Plastic Tek - An Alternative to Glass
Spongi's PF Block Tek & Automated Shotgun Project.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: WTF is going on? [Re: Spongiform]
    #10348845 - 05/16/09 02:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yea that is what I am doing right now.I just have the jars sitting in the closet.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10348945 - 05/16/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DNBplus said:
Last time I waited a month in the chamber.I am not completely new at this.I understand it takes a while some times but I am working with the same strain that I have always worked with so I kind of have a good idea of what to expect.
One thing I was wondering is if the mycelium could be so weak and malnourished that it just will not fruit.Another thing is it also has trouble taking over the top casing layer even the littlest bit.
  thanks for all the suggestions I hope I am not coming off as being a dick I am just confused and frustrated with this.
  After the petri dishes came around on Monday I placed a few slices into some jars so I hope they will colonize and I hope I have better luck with them.

Sounds like there may be some type of contam in your grow.  Not all contams are readily visible, and it could be that your myc is waging war against a contam right now.  You may want to buy a new syringe and start over, all the way back to the basics, pf tek.
When I am growing large scale, I always keep 2 or 3 different teks going, just so that I don't lose everything if shit goes sour.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: WTF is going on? [Re: george castanza]
    #10348976 - 05/16/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the advise but I have started over about 5 times already.
At first I thought it was the spores but like I said before I ordered from two different vendors.
I guess I will try to put a lot less water in the substrate next time(even though I have been putting the same amount in the jars for over a year without any problems).
I have tried the old school substrate formula(you know the slow ass 1 jar at a time way)and I have also tried the bulk substrate formula(witch makes 6 jars)and still no luck on the jars which were knocked up with the syringe.

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10348989 - 05/16/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

fine verm holds more water than course verm, have you been using the same verm?

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#10349041 - 05/16/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

LOL yea I will be using the same for probably the next two years.The only place I could find it around where I live sold it in the 25 or 50lbs bag.LOL the fucking bad is like 4 feet tall.I did not want to buy the fine verm from home depot,the verm I have I would call a mid grade.

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10349058 - 05/16/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

remember, when you are mixing brf you want it moist, not wet, if you pick some up and squeeze it, only a few drops of water should come out.  If you pick it up and squeeze it and water comes gushing out it is too wet.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#10360325 - 05/18/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OK, I believe I have found out why the cakes and trays are not pinning.I was looking at some pics of contaminates, and remember seeing something like a pink that I linked bellow.When I first noticed it at the top of my jar I though it may have been where the natural color of the rye berry's was bleeding into the substrate because it was wet and I placed the mycelium on top of the BRF cake inside the jar.Not to mention when I removed the cakes from the jars after the substrate colonized all the way I noticed a thick almost fatty layer on some parts of one cake,it almost looked like fat.

http://www.shroomery.org/6633/oldimages-3381-27261-jpg

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale