Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
Re: Fruting stage - Pls help [Re: carbonsteel]
    #10295554 - 05/06/09 06:49 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thats lookin sweet man. Thats some healthy and aggressive looking mycelia. Looks like to me that 2 or 3 of your lil fingers are developing dark caps. 2nd pic bottom left. Good job dude. keep it up

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

Re: Fruting stage - Pls help [Re: atomic1]
    #10295880 - 05/06/09 09:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thks man ^^ first time trying this, really crossing my fingers ^^

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

Re: Fruting stage - Pls help [Re: atomic1]
    #10305609 - 05/07/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Guys, i might sound abit impatient, but after 11 days in the fruiting chamber, i have yet to see more than a couple of pins developing and that seem to be stuned without progress(for the 2 pins i mentioned) since day 8.
The rest of substrate has plenty of fingers like thingy (i was told they are called hyphal knots) and still growing like mad. I was also informed that these are goods signs of a great harvest.... but i was also informed that it shouldnt be taking so long for the hyphal knots to form into pins.
I might had placed the fruting chamber in slightly higher tempreture than i was suppose to, i will move them to a more suitable place soon. Lastly, refering back to my last few photos, once can clearly see the hyphal knots sprouting, should i use my casing to cover these hyphal knots slightly or just leave them be?
I had already include casing.. twice!! Inititally when it was just moved to the fruiting chamber, once left the 1st casing, within 2 days the mycelium was all over the 1st casing. Afterwhich i use another layer of casing, this time instead of mycelium colonizing the casing again, these hyphal knots "fingers" start sprouting till now. So should i case it again or leave them be? As some of these "fingers" seems pretty tall (10mm or so) Please help, anyone?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #10305638 - 05/07/09 11:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Stop casing. Every time you add a casing layer, it has to colonize again.

Pins are a good sign that things are going well- but I don't think anybody really has much experience with the species you are growing.

If they are from part of the world that has seasons, you might try lowering the temperature a little bit. Like, a few degrees. If it's always about the same where they grow, that won't help. You are trying to mimic nature. That's really all there is to it- if you can convince the fungus that it is time to make mushrooms, it will.

But give it a few more days before you try anything. Be patient.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

Re: Fruting stage - Pls help [Re: Doc_T]
    #10306947 - 05/08/09 07:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I managed to get some pretty good pics of the lastest outcome. I asume those in yellow boxes looks normal enuf (i hope).. but those in red boxes "fingers" some of them seemed to have opened?? those in green boxes is wat i suppose to be waiting for.. but they seemed to have be stunned.. i put them all in boxes to better describe them if anyone out here is willing to give a nub few pointers ^^

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10307239 - 05/08/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Sure looks like healthy pins.
I don't know what to say. If it got this far,you are doing something right. Keep up conditions, that's the best advice I can give.

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Fruting stage - Pls help [Re: Doc_T]
    #10307313 - 05/08/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

those look very strange, all white, and the ones with fingers are jst odd.

I dont know anything about that species though,

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#10307381 - 05/08/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

All right, i will wait abit more and see wat happens... thks for the comments.. really wanna get it right.. will keep u guys posted

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#10314686 - 05/09/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hi guys, already waited for a while before taking pis... most of them look the same to me... yet to detect any new obvious pin heads... giving me an impression that something is very wrong.. its day 12 since i moved to fruiting chamber... day 7 since the first signs of hyphal knots appear... the fingers like thingy seems to have stalled and seems to "curled up abit" giving an impression that the "fingers" has completed its life cycle.. i did note a few more "hyphal knots" forming but not sure if it will develop into the fingers like thingy again or a full fleched pin head... anyone?? again, my questions stands... does the fingers like thingy look normal??

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#10357174 - 05/18/09 05:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Sup everyone, sup doc... I threw the whole thingy away...pretty sure wasn't what i wanted... also i found out that its know as "Schizophyllum commune" the fingers like thingy... they have hallmarks of split gills, pin head opening its head producing some kinda water/liquid on the head..

It will be great if anyone can post the different pics of "Schizophyllum commune" mycelium & also P.cyan mycelium for comparision, and wats the best way to tell them apart during colonizing stage...thks all ^^

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10357321 - 05/18/09 06:26 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well, it was a good try, anyway!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds